Remove this ad

#3041 post_url

Jun 20 15 1:01 AM

have any instrumentals leaked btw?

Remove this ad

#3043 post_url

Jun 20 15 4:35 AM

Well, there are some on YouTube that are like ripped from karaoke machines or websites like DAM, but there are not official.

#3044 post_url

Jun 20 15 10:52 AM

ntouch wrote:
^ BoA has 1.4 million followers on Instagram. Her music may not be as sellable today but she still has a huge fan base. Calling her fans delusional is immature on your behalf.

You know who else has 1.4 million followers on Instagram? C-list Hollywood celebs and singers. What an achievement. Congratulations. And I can call her fans immature if I want to, that is my opinion. If you can't take it, then you can go take a hike.

As people have previously mentioned, Namie is doing fine. 

#3046 post_url

Jun 20 15 11:57 AM

Namie Amuro: New single "TSUKI" (2014.01.29) + New BD/DVD "namie amuro FEEL tour 2013" (2014.02.26)

glimmeringneon wrote:
ntouch wrote:
^ BoA has 1.4 million followers on Instagram. Her music may not be as sellable today but she still has a huge fan base. Calling her fans delusional is immature on your behalf.

You know who else has 1.4 million followers on Instagram? C-list Hollywood celebs and singers. What an achievement. Congratulations. And I can call her fans immature if I want to, that is my opinion. If you can't take it, then you can go take a hike.

As people have previously mentioned, Namie is doing fine.

Your a hypocrite

#3047 post_url

Jun 20 15 1:46 PM

My copy of _genic finally came in the mail. I <3 Golden Touch, Stranger, Fly, Scream, Fashionista, Photogenic, and Anything. I didn't really enjoy the Engrish so much in the last album, but it's solid on _genic. I can always depend on Koda Kumi and Namie for solid music.

#3048 post_url

Jun 21 15 10:10 AM

I got my copy a few days ago, and I have been listening to it non-stop. I have come to the conclusion that this album is probably my favorite album from the 2010's. It's much more cohesive than Uncontrolled, and I would take the RnB influenced EDM tracks on _genic over the tracks on Feel, the album really plays to Namie's strengths. Now that's not to say that I don't like Feel & Uncontrolled, both are great albums on their own, but the lack of singles made the experience of _genic much more enjoyable. To think I was one of the people that protested the lack of singles, and wanted Brighter Day on there. I can't even imagine Brighter Day on _genic now.

Last Edited By: Concentration20 Jun 21 15 11:41 AM. Edited 2 times.

#3050 post_url

Jun 21 15 11:13 PM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
^Feel had like one single

Ugh...

3 songs were released beforehand. Even if Hands on me was digitally released just a week beforehand, it's still different experiance when you listen to an album from start to finish without knowing any of the songs. 

+ I forgot to add that "torture who i want torture feat. hatsune miku" is a travesty to namie's discography, a title I never thought could be taked from I TO YOU

Last Edited By: Concentration20 Jun 21 15 11:19 PM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

#3051 post_url

Jun 21 15 11:24 PM

B who I want 2 b would be much better if it was a Namie-only version and fully in English. The Japanese flows well but the English version sounds better. Hastune Miku's vocaloid voice just kills the song for me. Especially since you can barely hear Namie when they both sing together

#3052 post_url

Jun 21 15 11:32 PM

Concentration20 wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
3 songs were released beforehand. Even if Hands on me was digitally released just a week beforehand, it's still different experiance when you listen to an album from start to finish without knowing any of the songs.
Yeah but the leaks for this album were completely different than from any other J-Pop releases I've ever seen. And both Golden Touch and Anything's music videos were uploaded onto Youtube in full. You could still use the same logic in that regards to say that they're about the same, although I see where you're coming from

#3053 post_url

Jun 21 15 11:35 PM

Concentration20 wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:

Ugh...

+ I forgot to add that "torture who i want torture feat. hatsune miku" is a travesty to namie's discography, a title I never thought could be taked from I TO YOU
What. I know you just didn't diss "I TO YOU". And the single version of "YOU ARE THE ONE feat. IMAJIN" is the biggest travesty in Namie's discography.

#3054 post_url

Jun 22 15 4:56 AM

Hype wrote:
...When Namie was in Taiwan for Jolin's concerts, people said she plans to bring Livegenic to Taiwan in March, let's hope it's true.
amen,
I wish She held at HK also, since is hopeless for held at Singapore :3

#3056 post_url

Jun 23 15 4:00 AM

In Namie's Sweet July Interview she talks about putting together the album. To those debating about her involvement, you might like to read it. So Namie told the staff about her "vision" and the staff, understanding it, made the selection of 200+ demos. Apparently, Namie judges songs by their intros, so she chose the songs surprisingly quickly. However, sometimes she feels the feel of the intro and the feel of the full song aren't satisfactory. So she did ask for some songs to be changed for her. This is something she doesn't really do and she says _genic might be the first time she went so far as to ask for a song to be changed. 

Also, to the people wanting her singles on _genic, if she included them then Golden Touch would be taken off the album so THANK NAMIESUS she didn't do that because Golden Touch is the best in the album.

#3057 post_url

Jun 23 15 11:29 AM

sora2522 wrote:

Concentration20 wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:^Feel had like one single

Yeah but the leaks for this album were completely different than from any other J-Pop releases I've ever seen. And both Golden Touch and Anything's music videos were uploaded onto Youtube in full. You could still use the same logic in that regards to say that they're about the same, although I see where you're coming from

You have a point. It mostly had to do with my restaint and simply being busy when the hype for this album was happening. I didn't really pay attention to any of the leaks or the the short videos, and since I pre ordered my album from amazon japan, it literally arrived 1 day after the release date which surprised me. So I spent the past 2 weeks just marinating with _genic without any preconceived notions. 

otenkiame wrote:
What. I know you just didn't diss "I TO YOU". And the single version of "YOU ARE THE ONE feat. IMAJIN" is the biggest travesty in Namie's discography.

lmao but YOU ARE THE ONE feat. IMAJIN isn't even that bad, it's just the arrangment that's awkward. Some parts sound good, but then imajin comes in and it's like

Last Edited By: Concentration20 Jun 23 15 11:56 AM. Edited 1 time.

#3059 post_url

Jun 23 15 2:20 PM

truthteller wrote:
so to you being a travesty is a bad thing? gotta love the transphobia in this thread <3

Lmao what?!

#3060 post_url

Jun 23 15 2:28 PM

He or she doesn't know what "travesty" means. Let's help.

travesty (noun): a false, absurd, or distorted representation of something.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help