Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Jan 8 13 12:22 AM

Ah.. Sweet Season has this sweet (didn't intend this.. ), lovely, slightly melancholic feeling to it that I love. It's probably not one of her most exciting songs, but I love the melody and production. The slight country feel adds charm to it imo. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Jan 8 13 2:56 AM

I love Sweet Season.

NEXT LEVEL is her worst album to date. I don't necessarily dislike any of the tracks, but it simply isn't that great compared to any other of her albums. GREEN was the only amazing midtempo/ballad, Curtain call kinda fail to deliver and Days's arrangement was way too generic for my taste. Yes there were a couple of amazing songs on it with NEXT LEVEL being one of them and rollin' was pretty special but considering that GUILTY was it's predecessor NEXT LEVEL simply wasn't on the same level and there for felt like a disappointment at the time. Now the album doesn't seem so bad, but it's still my least fave album of hers.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#43 post_url

Jan 8 13 3:09 AM

Hmm okay...

Some developments. There are rumors of a MARO / Ayu breakup, and it's likely because of this image that surfaced with Maro holding a kid and another woman:

Ayu posted in her blog about this somewhat according to reports but I don't think she was too concerned about it. She also mentioned that the upcoming tour for the 15th anniversary will be the largest in the history of her touring. 

Quote    Reply   

ayukuuangel

#45 post_url

Jan 8 13 8:22 AM

Maybe she is his sister. It's normal isn't it?

Omg her largest tour?? ayu's never ending to surprise!!

1st Day
Position: #1
Sales: 10,825

#2 sold 3,434 Ironically ayu might get #1 weekly with a classical (remix) album LOL .

Quote    Reply   

ayukuuangel

#48 post_url

Jan 8 13 3:09 PM

Hopefully if ayu will release A BEST 3 it will be like A BEST 2 just in 1 package (but it's avex so...)

A BEST 3 [x 4 (4 CDs)]

CD 1 (Light of 2006-2012)
---
1. Startin'
2. Bold & Delicious
3. Wake me up
4. Sparkle
5. Ladies Night
6. BLUE BIRD
7. NaNaNa
8. Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
9. Born To Be...
10. Shake It<3
11. glitter
12. You & Me
13. New song

CD 2 (Dark of 2006-2012)
----
1. Mirrocle World
2. talkin' 2 myself
3. snowy kiss
4. MOON
5. crossroad
6. Last angel
7. Marionette
8. decision
9. Return Road
10. momentum
11. Love song
12. Curtain call
13. -Bonus Track- Ivy

CD 3 (BALLAD & MID-TEMPO 2006-2012)
----
1. Virgin Road
2. GREEN
3. Song 4 u
4. Days
5. Missing
6. You were...
7. Together When...
8. blossom
9. BALLAD
10. Sweet scar
11. Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~
12. Sweet Season
13. Melody

CD 4 (FIGHTING 2006-2012)

1. Rule
2. 1 LOVE
3. (don't) Leave me alone
4. Lady Dynamite
5. JEWEL
6. Mircophone
7. Don't look back
8. do it again
9. NEXT LEVEL
10. Beautiful Fighters
11. Sexy little things
12. how beautiful you are
13. -Bonus Track- rainy day

With this amount of songs (even lessing the new song) she does need to release a few CDs lol.

Unless if the next best starts from Days/GREEN.

Last Edited By: ayukuuangel Jan 8 13 3:14 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Jan 8 13 3:51 PM

Some here really think too much

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 post_url

Jan 8 13 4:44 PM

It's not one of my favourite songs, but I quite like Sweet Season - it's nice.

My copy of Again came and I am loving it! It's good to hear Ayumi doing songs like Wake Me Up again.

Sweet Scar and the orchestra version of Missing are lovely. Gotta admit the Snowy Kiss made me lol with all the over the top violence!

mi|kshake~

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#53 post_url

Jan 8 13 5:31 PM

Well, to be fair, when LOVE and again came out, they were also up against some pretty big albums. November/December is release hell if you release on the wrong day, lol.

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

Jan 8 13 7:38 PM

CDL finished and I skipped through it. Voice isn't bad, but did anyone notice they really mixed her vocals in with all the background music?

As compared to namie's WOWOW broadcast where her vocals sat clearly on TOP of all the backing music....!

And her largest tour yet? Girl didn't learn from last year's empty seats, and with her (further) decline this year will only be worse.

Quote    Reply   

#55 post_url

Jan 8 13 8:43 PM

I think it's because it has not been edited at all ! Namie was edited we don't hear the crowd and there are no noises it was very clean I mean ^^

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Jan 8 13 9:33 PM

ayukuuangel wrote:
Hopefully if ayu will release A BEST 3 it will be like A BEST 2 just in 1 package (but it's avex so...)

CD 2 (Dark of 2006-2012)
----
12. Curtain call 
Curtain Call is not dark at all.  its ballad....

She has the whole year 2013 to do 15th anniversary.  By doing 5-release-upto-March, it feels a little rushed.  Maybe she thinks 5 is her lucky number.  I don't mind Avex to release her 15th album this year. 

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Jan 9 13 3:15 AM

JEWELian wrote:
CDL finished and I skipped through it. Voice isn't bad, but did anyone notice they really mixed her vocals in with all the background music?

As compared to namie's WOWOW broadcast where her vocals sat clearly on TOP of all the backing music....!

And her largest tour yet? Girl didn't learn from last year's empty seats, and with her (further) decline this year will only be worse.

I don't think a dozen of empty seats bother them and there are still cities in Japan she has barely or never visited and so many people can't be bothered to travel just to go to a concert I guess. Dunno.

Quote    Reply   

ayukuuangel

#59 post_url

Jan 9 13 4:22 AM

Just a couple of empty seats doesn't mean a problem. She still delivers one of the most successful long tour in Japan and has more attendancy than most. Probably why they can even make a larger tour. If that's even the case (of long tour).

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Jan 9 13 5:13 AM

milkshake wrote:
My copy of Again came and I am loving it! It's good to hear Ayumi doing songs like Wake Me Up again.

Sweet Scar and the orchestra version of Missing are lovely. Gotta admit the Snowy Kiss made me lol with all the over the top violence!

mi|kshake~
Both Orchestral Missing and Acoustic Melody add value to this single, but i enjoy acoustic piano more.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help