Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Jan 7 13 9:15 AM

Love songs is deffo among her best albums, it has quite a few gems which I consider to be some of her best songs up to date: Love song, Last Angel, do it again & Virgin Road.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 post_url

Jan 7 13 10:12 AM

Love songs is my favourite album of her as well. It's full of amazing melodies and compositions. And I really love her ballads, so it's obvious that this album is made for me

My other favourites are definitely GUILTY (I don't get why many people don't like it this much, it's quite epic), Party Queen (same as with GUILTY), MY STORY and Rock'n'Roll Circus. But the other ones are very good as well, I can't say that she has a bad album.

Quote    Reply   

ayukuuangel

#24 post_url

Jan 7 13 10:52 AM

Like I said once, each of ayu's albums/mini albums has its own magic. They are so varied in any aspect that anyone can have his own personal favorites and it's not 99% people lean towards just one or two things from all of them. And each has its own great material to hold up too.

Quote    Reply   

#25 post_url

Jan 7 13 11:44 AM

RpgN wrote:
Btw, how is Love Songs? Is it worth getting? I listened to some previews and live stuff but not much. Love song is great and Last Angel seems to be promising.
I think it's a little boring but not bad. My favourite albums are MY STORY, (miss)understood, Memorial Address, Secret and NEXT LEVEL.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Jan 7 13 3:04 PM

michyeosseo wrote:
RpgN wrote:
Btw, how is Love Songs? Is it worth getting? I listened to some previews and live stuff but not much. Love song is great and Last Angel seems to be promising.
If you like Guilty, you'll also like Love Songs. I think I can honestly say that Love Songs is my most played Ayumi album right now. For some it might be too monotonous, I think it is very cohesive.

I LOVE "GUILTY", it's one of my favorite albums, but I find "Love songs" really boring even though it has a few gems, so... maybe it would grow on me if I forced myself a little
I'm similar to PurpleS, I like "MY STORY", "(miss)understood" (who doesn't like this one anyway, it's amazing!) and "Secret" too.

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Jan 7 13 4:17 PM

tell me if i'm wrong, but i remember when MOON/Blossom came out, people were like Ayu's on repeat again, and then Crossroads came out and people didn't like the melody composed by TK. can't remember what the reception was for L, but i remember "Love songs" came out and people were thinking how boring the songs were since they have the same sound.

"Love songs" was definitely a step up from the messy"RnRC" (calling it a "Rock and Roll" circus and not much rock and roll in it was misleading, even though i kinda like the idea of the action of "Rock and Roll", and for her to say that for the album, she "found out" that whenever she sings, it becomes "Rock and Roll" (or something like that) was too bold and too much to swallow because she sounded bad when she sang "You were" and the adlibs for "BALLAD" were bad, but "Sunset ~Love is All~", "Meaning of Love" and "Red Line ~for TA~ album version"were highlights ) and her (IMO) worst album "NEXT ALBUM" (for the first time one Ayu album i don't care). it had cohesion. it had listen-ability. it had after x number of albums the ayu sound we love. and the singles made sense for the album. and Ayu actually sounded good in the album.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#30 post_url

Jan 7 13 5:10 PM

I think people appreciated the singles more after Love songs came out? Not many people like Sweet Season though which is laaaaaaame.

NEXT LEVEL was probably her last relatively poppy album without the sudden midtempo-ness that most of her work took on after 2010. I find that NEXT LEVEL was pretty much panned when released but eventually people warmed up to it as they usually do. Starting with Rock'n'Roll Circus we got a lot less "wow this album is horrible, -album that came before- was so much better!" and more positive reactions for her albums in general.

The 'Rock'n'Roll Circus' thing about performing live = rock made sense depending on the song. You were.... and BALLAD obviously don't become 'rockish' when she sings, but I think it was intended more for tracks like ASFXX that were balladish originally but as she performed them more, the song eventually became really rocky. I guess that's what she gets though for naming the albums not so generally like she did before (I am..., RAINBOW, MY STORY, and so on) and using genres or things that people could misunderstand. A big one was "NEXT LEVEL" because people were freaking out saying "WTF KIND OF NEXT LEVEL IS THIS IT'S LIKE A LEVEL DOWN" or as previously stated with Rock'n'Roll Circus or even Love songs since the title didn't really match for some people.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Jan 7 13 5:15 PM

ayukuuangel wrote:
http://vk.com/video184969310_163565352?hd=-1&t=

There's a video I made for ayu's 15th anniversary. It's a compilation of all the PVs (like in the CMs) until You & Me so you can get good previews

I always wanted such a video for ayu and not one made it so I did.

That's such a cool idea, I'll be sure to make time for it and watch it this week. Thanks!

And you guys are having good discussions, very interesting to read smiley: nerd

Not sure if some of you read my last reply for page 1 as well, I'd be really interested in knowing your thoughts about Five mini album as well.

Next Level is also being mentioned, mostly in a negative way and kind of regarded as her least album even though it's still at least solid. To me I remember it being forgetable and listened less to it than Guilty. I'm going to listen to Next Level today or tomorrow to remember how it sounded again.

Someone also brought up her albums and mini albums being pretty strong in general. Come to think of it, that is indeed true for me too as I was also impressed with Duty and her first two albums to a lesser extend. A pretty big accomplishment with a huge discography like that. 

@PurpleS
Yeah, I'm still kicking myself for not having Misunderstood and My story sooner, they sounded very impressive with the short previews. Somehow I'm still more inclined to get Love Songs first because it's more recent and it feels like I've experienced that time if that makes sense? While those two gems are still waiting for me to be picked up at the right time when there is a draught in releases. They feel like an era that I haven't experienced as a fan, which makes sense since I started with Secret after all.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#32 post_url

Jan 7 13 5:18 PM

Eh...

I loved FIVE overall, but a lot of fans kinda hated everything on it except for BRILLANTE. progress was really good imo though for whatever reason people got tired of it really quickly, beloved was a sweet ballad (these are usually thought of as "meaning of Love-types aka the western fans hate them but the Japanese LOVE them"), the Why... with JUNO is pretty nice BUT the one that comes after BRILLANTE is so much better with Urata on the vocals, and ANother song is a new type of song for "Ayu" even though it was kind of more geared for Urata.

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

Jan 7 13 5:32 PM

^^^ ah, but the singles for NEXT LEVEL (GREEN, RULE, Sparkle) fulfilled that intention without losing the Ayu sound, and then the album came out and i was so shocked at the lack of that Ayu sound in the album tracks (except NEXT LEVEL, Days, and Curtain Call).

as i said, i liked the idea of the action of rocking and rolling, like emotions running high, low, deep and such, but the explanation she gave for the album title does not equate to what she gave us for the album. that, and how her voice on You were and Ballad =/= the album tracks i mentioned for the album, and Microphone and Don't Look Back. oh well, that's just my two cents.

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

Jan 7 13 5:37 PM

That sounds pretty messed up. Are you happy with collecting it and enjoying the remixed/instrumentals at least?

If I'm needing to pop something else into my order, I like to put in an Ayu single as I like to get some of the remixes so I may have done it eventually anyway. Looks like my copy of Again arrived today but could I get to the post office after work in time before it closed? No - GUTTED! Crap end to my Monday.

However, this is a special occasion imo She rarely does things like this so why not go for it?

Well, that's what I thought too lol!

My fave album is (miss)understood. It's everything Ayu does - ballads, pop, rock & interludes but at her best.

mi|kshake~

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#36 post_url

Jan 7 13 6:34 PM

I recall when Ayu made NEXT LEVEL, she was just having fun and playing around with new genres so that could be why the album came out a bit different than what you may expect after Days/GREEN and Rule/Sparkle.

And I am pretty sure Sweet Season was probably one of the least liked tracks from the three Love songs singles. I like the 'country girl' feel of it even though that is kind of the reason why it doesn't have much of a fanbase. I think Thank U and Sweet Season have the worst reputations on that album. Thank U for the lalala chorus and Sweet Season for being too boring.

Quote    Reply   

#38 post_url

Jan 7 13 6:58 PM

Im one of those persons who think Love songs is one of her best albums ever, but it's not a typical ayu alubm in the sense that it marks a depart from her usual composers and overall theres a different approach to the arrangement of most all of the song except perhaps moon and blossom and was more cohesive than the the post MY STROY albums prceeding it where typically the single trcks stick out. (more acoustic and "classic" instrument take on typical  electronic TK sound, the synths used in the demos is evident from the track that was up on the avex main company webpage ).

I think they shouldve kept the more country sounding version of sweet seasons that surfaced I dont remember where 

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#39 post_url

Jan 7 13 7:05 PM

It was in the demo video that they gave to the actors who were in the PV. I guess someone's mom or dad uploaded it? ;P The PV was also a bit different with some more odd looking scenes. I think it was posted on AHS and may still be on Vimeo?

Last Edited By: zeopower6 Jan 7 13 7:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

Jan 7 13 8:11 PM

^^
She said in an interview that almost all the songs composed by Komuro in Love songs were dance tracks at the base ^^ Yeah the song on the homepage of Avex site sound like a dance version of Like a doll =)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help