Remove this ad
Remove this ad

zeopower6

#9 post_url

Jan 6 13 4:25 PM

infinitylight wrote:
Ayu just posted 3 video from the CDL on her youtube account:

lol...

Just an FYI, that account is made by Taiwanese fans. Her account is 'ayu' on YouTube.

Also, the 'single/mini-album' thing is kind of annoying lol. I'll just go with what they called it and be done with it. 

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Jan 6 13 5:24 PM

I'm a bit late on this and hardly post about Ayu (let alone this forum in general), but while Love and Again are a complete scam and not my idea of giving something back to fans, the songs and the concepts themselves were excellent. Not sure what it is, the songs sound catchy, typical Ayumi and yet pretty fresh. The songs kind of brought me back into following her a bit more again.

I fully expected those songs to be bundled near the end of these five projects, this is usually the case most of times. Even then I was quite surprised that it was the third project announced straight away after Love and Again. It must have offended some of the fans that received Again through the mail by the time Love Again was announced.

It always pays to wait things out if you can be a bit patient. My rule is mostly to get albums only, no singles or buying something that might make it in a collection. The same is going to hold true with Love Again, I'm still debating wether to get it day one or wait a bit longer because I just ordered Party Queen (CD+DVD) because it was on sale. It might be enough for a month or two.

Also, someone mentioned Guilty being one of her best albums. I remember liking the album but not listening a lot to it or giving it enough attention. Now I'm listening to the last song, the album is stronger than I remember. Especially when looking through the lyrics just for a bit, and seeing a connection between Guilty, Fated and Together When. It's actually a strong album with a clear message behind it.

Secret, Rock 'n' Roll Circus and Rainbow are still my favourites, but now that things are in perspective, Guilty is also up there actually (still haven't bought Misunderstood, My Story and the mini albums).

Btw, how is Love Songs? Is it worth getting? I listened to some previews and live stuff but not much. Love song is great and Last Angel seems to be promising.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zeopower6

#11 post_url

Jan 6 13 5:28 PM

LOVE again is actually the 4th since A Classical is being released this week.

Love songs is hailed as a comeback for a lot of fans (as usual though some LOATHE the album) but a lot of people enjoy the album a lot and it's her best album in the last four or five years for them as well. You may want to preview most of Love songs before you buy it since some people have issues with how 'slow/boring' the album can get due to the overwhelming amount of medium tempo tracks.

Personally, I like how the releases were done (five months, five releases, no delays, lots of new stuff to look forward to without 4 months inbetween of NOTHING) so I don't think it was really a 'scam' or anything... I believe that this was somewhat done to give Tales of fans an instrumental of Song 4 u since a lot of people wanted one for progress yet it was instrumental-less on FIVE and also to kinda fill in releases in the 'five in five months' thing to lead into a 14th album just before her 15th anniversary which is likely to be when she may release her 15th original album in 2013.

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Jan 6 13 5:30 PM

RpgN wrote:
Btw, how is Love Songs? Is it worth getting? I listened to some previews and live stuff but not much. Love song is great and Last Angel seems to be promising.

At first, I H.A.T.E.D. the album... Like I remember thinking it was SO BORING but now, I'd say it's her best album with GUILTY so it's seriously worth getting! U just need to let the album grow on you so that you like it.

Quote    Reply   

#13 post_url

Jan 6 13 5:36 PM

It must have offended some of the fans that received Again through the mail by the time Love Again was announced.

Some of us are still waiting...

mi|kshake~

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#14 post_url

Jan 6 13 5:50 PM

I just ordered again and LOVE after buying LOVE again ~___~

The remixes are really good and I kinda wanted to get all the releases from this set anyway.

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Jan 6 13 6:19 PM

zeopower6 wrote:
LOVE again is actually the 4th since A Classical is being released this week.

Love songs is hailed as a comeback for a lot of fans (as usual though some LOATHE the album) but a lot of people enjoy the album a lot and it's her best album in the last four or five years for them as well. You may want to preview most of Love songs before you buy it since some people have issues with how 'slow/boring' the album can get due to the overwhelming amount of medium tempo tracks.

Personally, I like how the releases were done (five months, five releases, no delays, lots of new stuff to look forward to without 4 months inbetween of NOTHING) so I don't think it was really a 'scam' or anything... I believe that this was somewhat done to give Tales of fans an instrumental of Song 4 u since a lot of people wanted one for progress yet it was instrumental-less on FIVE and also to kinda fill in releases in the 'five in five months' thing to lead into a 14th album just before her 15th anniversary which is likely to be when she may release her 15th original album in 2013.
Oops, thanks for the correction. Almost forgot about the classic album in between

I tried previewing the album a couple of times through CD japan, but the quality was pretty shitty. I also remember DLing the songs you actually shared here minus the singles (the singles missing were 6 right?). Come to think of it, I thought the album songs were great but wasn't sure about the singles since the previews were too short and some of them did feel a bit meh. Her ballads are some of the best, if it's seriously as strong as you guys are saying, then it's going to be added to the wish list as well. The album was especially added to my attention again after stumbling on  her live performance of Love Song on youtube a few days ago. The lyrics really touched me and made me wonder where the hell the song came from, forgetting that I've already listened to it around the time of release smiley: roll

It was enjoyable following the news and having her back in the spot light. It's all very nice to experience if you're watching and not the one buying everything. I should correct what I'm trying to say here. I'm sure there are people who don't think it's a scam and actually think they're worthwhile such as yourself. I guess I'm talking mostly about the people like me who buys albums mostly and don't think it's worthwhile to pay up for remix songs and instrumentals (there are exceptions sometimes).

@Negi
Damn, I really shouldn't be thinking about it. It's on the wish list now and will be bought in due time. I'm hoping to enjoy Party Queen and maybe Love Again first. Hehe, suddenly there is a lot of Ayumi loving!

@milkshake
That sounds pretty messed up. Are you happy with collecting it and enjoying the remixed/instrumentals at least?

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#17 post_url

Jan 6 13 7:06 PM

I actually tend to only get albums anyway since getting singles takes up a lot of room after a few years...

However, this is a special occasion imo She rarely does things like this so why not go for it? :/

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Jan 6 13 10:20 PM

RpgN wrote:
If you like Guilty, you'll also like Love Songs. I think I can honestly say that Love Songs is my most played Ayumi album right now. For some it might be too monotonous, I think it is very cohesive.

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Jan 7 13 5:44 AM

zeopower6 wrote:
I actually tend to only get albums anyway since getting singles takes up a lot of room after a few years...

However, this is a special occasion imo She rarely does things like this so why not go for it? :/

I get you now, it makes sense when you look at it like that. I tend to think a bit more pratical, especially nowadays. If I don't get something out of a bought product, then special occasions won't affect my judgement. I tend to only make exceptions for Koda Kumi but even here, it's not as easy anymore. I skipped on the fourth remix album and probably won't be getting a best album that won't have new or exclusive songs.  

@michyeosseo
I'm guessing the songs are also related to each other when it comes to lyrics? Honestly, I haven't been paying too much attention to her songwriting to notice these kind of things as much in the past. Maybe that or just the fact of understanding the language better has helped enjoying these meaningful songs more. Now it's more of a bigger deal to enjoying especially ballads more. I'm thinking these love songs are good enough even with the way they're composed which might be the bigger reason why they're adored around here?

Ps. How was Five mini album received around here? Again, I've also been watching PV previews, some of these songs sounded so good. Especially Brilliante (it was called something like that) and that song with Juno. I was ready to get that mini album but was surprised how expensive the CD+DVD version is in comparison to the CD version at yesasia. CD version costs 18 euros while CD+DVD version costs 28...That's a lot for 5 songs with their PVs, that price is close to buying an original album with more worthwhile songs in them. I don't understand why it's 10 euros more expensive for the DVD...I don't like buying a CD only version and not sure what to do now smiley: tired

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Jan 7 13 8:59 AM

RpgN wrote:
Secret, Rock 'n' Roll Circus and Rainbow are still my favourites, but now that things are in perspective, Guilty is also up there actually (still haven't bought Misunderstood, My Story and the mini albums).

My Story and (Miss)understood are essential in any Ayu collection, especially if you like Secret and Guilty. Love Songs isn't at the same level at all, get those other two first.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help