Albums

Mini-albums

Compilations

Japanese Discography
Singles

Albums

Mini-albums

Compilations

Official KR website | Official JP website | Official KR Twitter | Official JP Twitter | Official KR YouTube | Official JP YouTube

Last Edited By: Moh Jan 15 16 12:33 AM. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Aug 4 11 6:43 PM

The BoA comparison isn't EXACTLY the same, of course, considering KARA debuted in a much healthier digital sales climate, but their achievement is highly impressive nonetheless.

I have a feeling that Go Go Summer! will easily push the figure up even higher, maybe even to 4 million!

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Aug 4 11 7:58 PM

^from what i heard it is going to be a full album, tho nothing has been confirmed of course.

just read an article which pinpointed their comeback for mid-September, so at least we have a more specific time period. praying it's not the same week as SNSD though...

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Aug 4 11 8:30 PM

I just read they're gonna release a Korean album in September and a Japanese album in October (?) Hmm, idk I think they should promote properly in Korea and release another Japanese single before the album.

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Aug 4 11 9:36 PM

i hope they wait a while to release in japan again. korean album in september with promo going into October would be ideal, followed by a new Japanese album in December, with maybe a new Japanese single in November leading up to it. i dunno, i just don't want them to rush~

Quote    Reply   

#7 post_url

Aug 5 11 2:29 AM

^ that seems to be the plan:

KARA confirms their comeback for September

KARA has announced that they’ll be making comeback in September!

The idol group will release their new album in mid-September, and will resume their activities in Korea for the first time in over six months. KARA is reportedly very busy, carrying out activities in Japan as well, and will only be able to promote their new album in Korea for about three weeks.

A representative stated, “Because KARA has many things scheduled, including an album release in Japan in October, they will only be able to promote in Korea for three weeks.”

The girls are also in the midst of choosing their lead song.

DSP Media commented, “They are currently reviewing which songs to be their title song. Two songs have been chosen so far, and they’ll soon choose their title song for their comeback.”

Regarding their new image, KARA is facing the choice between maintaining their usual bright concept or transforming into something new.

The representative has also stated, “They are trying their best to live up to their fans’ expectations.”

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#9 post_url

Aug 5 11 1:28 PM

I don't see why they should promote anymore than that. Korean promotion schedules are stupid anyway. Sing the same song everyday on the same shows for 3 months while your song basically sells two copies. Better they promote in Japan, sell a shitload more and have a less stressful schedule.

There are 4 major music shows in Korea right now, that will be 12 performances in total. I think that's enough. Things are ultra competitive in Kpop right now anyway, they'd be lucky to get one week of #1s with everyone coming back right now.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Aug 5 11 2:49 PM

^ That. Promotions in Korea are more fanservice than anything. The songs all sell tons of ultra-cheap copies and the albums will have been pre-ordered by fans anyway. It's not like in Japan, or even moreso in the West, where it's proper promotion for each consecutive single and to give the album small boosts over time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Aug 5 11 3:34 PM

I wonder how much of the Japanese album will just be remakes from the Korean one? It seems almost inevitable. it'll probably be exactly the same as the Korean one but just with Go Go Summer! and JCL (unless they translate those to Korean, which I hope they don't do)...

Quote    Reply   

#13 post_url

Aug 5 11 4:13 PM

Maybe in the Korean album will have Ima, Okuritai 「Arigatou」korean version. They sang in a fanmeeting, but they didn't release this song, right?

Quote    Reply   

seca

#14 post_url

Aug 6 11 12:48 AM

Dreamin wrote:
I wonder how much of the Japanese album will just be remakes from the Korean one? It seems almost inevitable. it'll probably be exactly the same as the Korean one but just with Go Go Summer! and JCL (unless they translate those to Korean, which I hope they don't do)...

With how little time there is between the two albums I'm sure a good chunk of the Japanese album will be remakes from the Korean. Though if they don't go with the cute-style in Korea maybe they'll use the tracks for that for the Japanese album instead.

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Aug 6 11 7:44 AM

I'm think I'm more excited for their Japanese album than the Korean one, even if there's a good chance a lot of the songs will be remakes.

I just prefer Kara in Japanese.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#16 post_url

Aug 6 11 7:46 AM

seca wrote:
Dreamin wrote:

With how little time there is between the two albums I'm sure a good chunk of the Japanese album will be remakes from the Korean. Though if they don't go with the cute-style in Korea maybe they'll use the tracks for that for the Japanese album instead.

In this circumstance, I wouldn't really call it remaking Korean songs into Japanese should they do that for a 2nd album. The reality is probably closer to them recording both Korean and Japanese versions at the same time. They're just doing the Korean album first to appease their fans that have had to wait for them as they do their thing in Japan.

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Aug 6 11 1:26 PM

k1s3k1 wrote:
KARA held their comeback fanmeeting in Japan today.. pics here

there were so many people lol.. it looks almost like a concert..
Wow..I never knew they were so popular in Japan, are they the most popular Kpop act in Japan now?

I can see why it's important to balance Korea and Japan...look what happened with BoA she concentrated too much on Japan, the got bored of her and when she came back to Korea it was like "who cares lol", the scene had moved on so much

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Aug 7 11 6:37 AM

They performed Jumping, Lupin, Wanna, GGS, SOS, Ima Okuritai Arigatou , JCL, Mr., Girl's Be Ambitious and Pretty Girl yesterday

I wanted a fancam for the SOS performance, but w/e that's pertty much impossible

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help