Remove this ad

NATE

JPC Admin

Lead

May 18 14 6:30 PM

Tags : :

Hey folks,

Yuku has added responsive design UI to their layouts and we're testing them out. What you see now is not this site's permanent layout but just a default for now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 post_url

May 19 14 2:03 AM

Yep Ad Block is sooo great. I like this new temporary format. Nice and clean.

Edit: Nevermind, it changed. This layout is much harder to read.

Last Edited By: BANZAI May 19 14 2:31 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#6 post_url

May 19 14 1:55 PM

Zoe wrote:
Can we get different icons for unread and read?

Unfortunately, the icons themselves are a part of the yuku system now. I don't have any control over changing them except their color and it seems to be a one color fits all sort of thing.

AwesomeTakashi wrote:
Yeah...this layout isn't very easy to navigate.

What specifically makes it hard to navigate?

BANZAI wrote:
Yep Ad Block is sooo great. I like this new temporary format. Nice and clean.

Edit: Nevermind, it changed. This layout is much harder to read.

What changes would make it easier to read?

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#10 post_url

May 19 14 4:05 PM

I'll see if I can remove that. I actually increased the spacing 'cause I thought it would be easier to read.

This is completely new coding, so bare with me. I'm literally learning it as we go and as all things Yuku goes nothing about it is intuitive.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

May 19 14 5:07 PM

The colors are a little too bright. Hard to see quoted text. Some people may also be color blind, so you have to take that into consideration.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#12 post_url

May 19 14 6:20 PM

To see quoted test properly you have to move your mouse over the quote. There is a masking highlight that works like a mouse over. I still changed the background color and the text to have higher contrast.

Are you colorblind? I think the colors that I've used are contrasting enough for that not to be a major issue. The major parts of the forum are literally black text on light grey backgrounds. If you are colorblind and have an actual problem could you tell me what differences you're having trouble perceiving?

Quote    Reply   

#13 post_url

May 20 14 6:55 AM

I suppose the only real thing that's difficult to navigate is the J-Pop Artists Threads forum. Wouldn't it make sense to make "Other J-Pop Artists" a subforum as well? It seems odd that all the other threads appear below the page navigator.

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

May 21 14 8:26 AM

I really like the new design! It's not that hard to navigate with. I just wish there were something like red icons to know which thread has new posts cuz I really don't understand how I'm supposed to know rn! smiley: laugh
And the fact that the Korean Artists section is a subforum of Korean Music is kinda weird to me since nobody posts in the latter, I almost thought it got deleted haha.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#20 post_url

May 21 14 9:35 PM

If you guys notice things missing like post icons and options to choose from like selecting fonts, it's because those options have yet to be implemented in the coding for this version of the yuku forum. Hopefully, it'll be added soon.

I'm also trying to see if I can add an unread thread icon, because I know it's really hard to determine what's new and what's not. So far only a little thought bubble on the main page is the only default icon indicating new posts. That's obviously not good enough.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help