Oct 1 16 5:28 AM

uncle Jemima wrote:
okay mr. scrooge =P

Sorry, I'm not a festive person, lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#582 post_url

Oct 1 16 12:15 PM

I don't like that they decided to include a rearranged version of Kimi ga Suki instead of a normal b-side. But I guess one b-side is still better than none. And her titles couldn't be more generic and boring, lol. But that's nothing new at all. Still, I'm looking forward to the single. I do like the covers, but I don't like the white borders on them, and the font is a bit weird. Still, not bad.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#585 post_url

Oct 10 16 5:48 PM

i just saw it last night on jpopasia.

the song is boring. i know i kept saying i don't mind these types of songs from her but it would be nice to have a different kind of single for once. i don't have very high hopes for Merry Christmas. so the single after this will hopefully have a song akin to Shut Up or A HA HA.

Quote    Reply   

#586 post_url

Oct 11 16 2:18 AM

mace63 wrote:
The music video for Dear Bride. It was out 5 days ago and I wonder why no one posted it.

Because this place is dead, lol.

The song is nothing special.

uncle jemima, the second b-side is another version of Kimi ga Suki, haha.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#587 post_url

Oct 11 16 8:05 PM

↑ oh i know, i'm taking about the single after Dear Bride. even better than a good b-side though would be a good a-side. it's been a while since we had one of those.

OH AND HEY, EXCITING NEWS. as of this week, Just LOVE has outsold with LOVE. at least according to oricon. and i'm just going by the number on generasia for with LOVE's sales, i don't know if it charted more since the last time the sales were updated for that album.

Quote    Reply   

#589 post_url

Oct 18 16 9:26 AM

I like the new concept for the new single. Love the back & white and turning into color. I also like the colors of the single covers, they're soft and elegant. The song, Dear Bride is a bit boring IMO, not one of the best ballads for sure. I'm missing dramatic and sad ballads from her, the last one dramatic I liked was Sayonara. It's been too happy, cute songs lately. I love dramatic Kana and I hope she can bring us next year something good.

BTW, Dear Bride at Shibuya Note (at least I love her style for this new single, pretty Kana):

Quote    Reply   

#590 post_url

Oct 27 16 7:24 AM

I'm so surprised I like both songs in full HQ, lol.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#591 post_url

Dec 25 16 1:34 PM

Latest Kana news.

Just LOVE has sold so far 280,622 copies and still charting, I'm optimist about breaking 300k in the long run (sales have increased since last week because of year-end music shows and on-going promotions, there is also a I wanna see you dance MV).

Dear Bride has sold so far 31,099 copies and still charting ( I must confess that I thought that Dear Bride was really boring but it has grown on me, watching Kana sing it live for several times made me grow fond of it).

Kimi ga suki Promotional tie-in:

Kimi ga suki Live performance at Shibuya Note:

Just LOVE The album has been certified Platinum by RIAJ for shipments of 250,000 copies.
Have a nice day has been certified gold by RIAJ for 100k in downloads.
Kimi ga suki has been certified gold by RIAJ for 100k in downloads.
Dear Bride has been certified gold by RIAJ for 100k in downloads.

Have a nice day has sold online almost 200k according to iTunes, so I'm guessing it will be platinum when we reach summer 2017. Dear Bride will probably reach platinum as well, since she's performing it like crazy at year-end music shows, and she will perform it at Kouhaku Uta Gassen.

Kana ranked 7# on the Recochoku ranking song, Just LOVE ranked 3# on the Recochoku album raking, and Kana was selected as the 1st# artist for Recochoku ranking of 2016!
http://recochoku.jp/special/100517/?affiliate=4307020005

Also, Kana won Japan Yusen Taisho for the first time ever!!! Check below:

Quote    Reply   

#593 post_url

Dec 25 16 7:06 PM

It's an award show for music, I guess you're new to japanese related things, but Japan Yusen Taisho or Japan Cable Awards selects the songs that were popular and were the most listened, people can vote as well. Japan's year end music shows are important for an artist/singer, it's a great achievement for their career, only to be nominated is a huge feat. I won't say Japan Yusen Taisho is the most significant one, since I believe Japan Record Award is the most important award music show, but it's still somewhat important (for example, golden globes and academy awards, both are important but you can say which one is more significant on an actor's career and status).

You have 8 major music shows in the end of the year. The first is Best Hits Kayousai, then you have NTV Best Artist, then the award show Japan Yusen Taisho, after that you have FNS Kayousai (which was divided into two parts), then you have Music Station Super Live, to finish the year you have the award show Japan Record Award on the 30th and Kouhaku Uta Gassen on the 31st. Between 2016-2017, the last show is CDTV Special.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm not an absolute expert, but I've been following japanese culture and entertainment since 2005, so I know a couple of things.

Quote    Reply   

#594 post_url

Dec 26 16 4:27 AM

I'm not new to JPop at all, and it's the first time I hear about Japan Yusen Taisho, lol.Maybe i didn't pay much attention to it.

Quote    Reply   

#596 post_url

Dec 26 16 7:27 PM

I understand if some don't exactly know what is Japan Yusen Taisho, since it doesn't have Johnny's artists on it, the show becomes a bit underrated. I would find strange if people didn't know what Kouhaku is instead of Japan Yusen Taisho, but you need to watch some, for example, FNS Kayousai, it's awesome because artists collaborate with each other which is rare. Kouhaku is a must watch as well and important, because of what it represents to japanese people, since it was created to give people hope with music after World War II.

I didn't want to offend you when I said you're probably new. I only said that since I thought that people that are interested in J-Pop for a while are familiar with several topics such as award music shows, Recochoku, RIAJ, MTV VMAJ, Oricon, etc... I'm so sorry.

Quote    Reply   

#597 post_url

Dec 27 16 6:50 AM

Kathia wrote:
I understand if some don't exactly know what is Japan Yusen Taisho, since it doesn't have Johnny's artists on it, the show becomes a bit underrated. I would find strange if people didn't know what Kouhaku is instead of Japan Yusen Taisho, but you need to watch some, for example, FNS Kayousai, it's awesome because artists collaborate with each other which is rare. Kouhaku is a must watch as well and important, because of what it represents to japanese people, since it was created to give people hope with music after World War II.

I didn't want to offend you when I said you're probably new. I only said that since I thought that people that are interested in J-Pop for a while are familiar with several topics such as award music shows, Recochoku, RIAJ, MTV VMAJ, Oricon, etc... I'm so sorry.

Well, I've been listening to Jpop for 10 years and while I've heard of most of these "terms" (never heard of Yusen Taisho though), I've never really cared about them because live performances in general don't interest me as much as actually listening to recorded music. I guess it just depends on what the individual is focused on. There are Jpop fans who follow every show like that (I guess?) and follow Oricon charts - but then there are also those who simply don't because their interest doesn't extend to that side. If you are interested in the cultural side of Jpop then I guess that you do "need" to watch these shows, but otherwise if it doesn't interest you - who cares? I don't think what you wrote is really offensive at all, except that it kind of bears the tone of "you have to do this and know this, otherwise you're really not a Jpop fan!". Which I'm sure is not what you intended to communicate.

And yeah, while it is nice that Kouhaku represents what it does to Japanese people; it doesn't really represent anything to me personally seeing as I'm not Japanese. It's just a side of Jpop that I personally don't care about. If I want to watch live performances I'll watch concerts. I'm just trying to explain why there might be Jpop fans out there who don't watch or haven't even heard of any of those terms. They are simply not into it and don't consider it as important as you do - they care about the music itself the most, or some other aspect and focus on that.

Quote    Reply   

#598 post_url

Dec 30 16 11:44 AM

Oh my, Kana WON Japan Record Awards!!! Can't believe it!!!

I think it's not a coincidence that Kana is winning every award, there must be a reason that I don't know about. But I'm extremelly happy that she won, it's a huge honor!

Quote    Reply   

#599 post_url

Dec 31 16 1:25 AM

Wow I'm happy for her too. She finally made it after having been nominated from time to time.
However, I think it would be more plausible if she won the award last year with Torisetsu. Torisetsu is much better than Anata No Suki Na Tokoro.

Quote    Reply   

#600 post_url

Dec 31 16 7:52 PM

Kathia wrote:
Have a nice day has sold online almost 200k according to iTunes, so I'm guessing it will be platinum when we reach summer 2017. Dear Bride will probably reach platinum as well, since she's performing it like crazy at year-end music shows, and she will perform it at Kouhaku Uta Gassen.

iTunes never releases sales number. Not exactly sure where you are getting that number from, but if the source is tnsori, then that number is not sales; it's their personal point system.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help