Remove this ad

#561 post_url

Jul 8 16 12:58 PM

Just LOVE is Kana's most cohesive album to date. I agree that it is still in the safe zone type of album, but Kana executed those songs very well, it is like she's finally stepping out of that "safe zone" and start experimenting, I'm indeed glad that she released this, like some of you, I'm almost tired of her releasing string of singles that we all know what type of song she's going to release, but this album surely rocks~!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#562 post_url

Jul 9 16 2:57 PM

I gave it several listens...

Favorite Tracks:
Wish Upon A Star
Kimi ga suki
Set Me Free
YEAH

Those are literally the only songs I enjoyed on the album :/
I didn't like a single A side this era.
Luckily she still kills me with the ballads; Set me Free is my fave on the entire album. "YEAH" was decent, and I feel like im supposed to like "Holiday" and "I wanna see you dance" for being the experimental tracks, but I can't get into them atm.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#563 post_url

Jul 15 16 6:43 PM

Serdar wrote:

The album blooms in its theme

I don't understand a lot of your posts but this phrase sums up the album perfectly. even though it might not be her best sound it's definitely cohesive. I do agree with DeepFried that the a-sides haven't been very interesting coming into this album (no matter how many times I listen to torisetsu I still can never remember what the chorus sounds like) but these types of songs still work for her. and the album is selling well, it's not a good idea to experiment too much. I do miss when we would get awesome b-sides like Secret and SUMMER TIME though.

Quote    Reply   

#564 post_url

Jul 17 16 7:04 AM

Wow, this has already sold more than with LOVE's first week. I wonder if it has the appeal to maintain that rare longevity few female solo artists have these days.
I don't really like this album anymore a week later and pray she moves away from this sound, but at least for those who still enjoy her a lot there is no worry of a major decline anytime soon.

Quote    Reply   

#565 post_url

Jul 18 16 3:52 AM

The album is full of cute inoffensive half-bops, some of them might grow on me, but at first listen only "I wanna see you dance" got my attention. Glad she worked with Kentaro and Dominika of Andersons again.

Quote    Reply   

#566 post_url

Aug 6 16 5:36 PM

So after a couple of listens...

I'm starting to really like this album, actually much better than with LOVE. I was not sure about it at first, but this album is definately a grower.
My fav tracks are:
Have a nice day
Torisetsu
Wish upon a star
Kimi ga suki
I wanna see you dance

Good tracks:
You & Me
YEAH
Moshimo Unmei no Hito ga Iru no Nara
Set me free
Anata no Suki na Tokoro

OK tracks:
Life Is Good

I don't care about these tracks:
Thank you very much
Holiday

So overall the good + fav tracks are way more than OK + don't care tracks. It's a good summer album, now I want the next album to be a dramatic winter album

Quote    Reply   

#567 post_url

Aug 7 16 6:43 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:

Serdar wrote:

I don't understand a lot of your posts but this phrase sums up the album perfectly. even though it might not be her best sound it's definitely cohesive.

Ask then.

It's interesting to see that Kathia added "Torisetsu" to her favourites, as I can remember you didn't like that song back to its release or am I wrong?

I'm surprised about the different opinions on this; reading that the singles were a lack made me confused, in my personal opinion--at least--"Torisetsu" was her hit in years, I loved it and I'm not a fan of cute songs! Besides, it is discussed as the song which identifies her musical career. You need to accept the decline in the digital market (started 2012), to get that this song competes with "Aitakute Aitakute" or "Kimi tte" in topic of success. Also, "Torisetsu" is more famous than "Darling" - which is maybe close to compare with her "To Love" era.

I wished they replaced "Thank You Very Much" with "A Ha Ha".

Quote    Reply   

#568 post_url

Aug 8 16 11:09 AM

Serdar wrote:
uncle Jemima wrote:

Serdar wrote:

I don't understand a lot of your posts but this phrase sums up the album perfectly. even though it might not be her best sound it's definitely cohesive.

Ask then.

It's interesting to see that Kathia added "Torisetsu" to her favourites, as I can remember you didn't like that song back to its release or am I wrong?

I'm surprised about the different opinions on this; reading that the singles were a lack made me confused, in my personal opinion--at least--"Torisetsu" was her hit in years, I loved it and I'm not a fan of cute songs! Besides, it is discussed as the song which identifies her musical career. You need to accept the decline in the digital market (started 2012), to get that this song competes with "Aitakute Aitakute" or "Kimi tte" in topic of success. Also, "Torisetsu" is more famous than "Darling" - which is maybe close to compare with her "To Love" era.

I wished they replaced "Thank You Very Much" with "A Ha Ha".
It's true Serdarsmiley: wink I wasn't fond of Torisetsu went it came out, but it gradually became one of Kana's best "up-tempo" (?) songs for me. I think getting it promoted like crazy helped me get attached to it, I usually start to like songs better after I see them perform live several times.

I still perfer Darling over Torisetsu, but I agree that Torisetsu is closer to her "To Love" era. Darling was a HUGE success but Torisetsu had better physical sales.

Even if the digital market has been in decline and the physical sales market was in decline for lots of years now, I think Kana's career is amazing if you look at it in general. She survived those declines and sometimes makes a HIT. Her Just Love album is selling better than her with LOVE album, which is great IMO, two years has passed since and she still can sell well. I still have high hopes for 300k with Just Love, if it has a long longevity like with LOVE, it's highly possible.

Oh yeah, if the album had A ha ha instead of Thank You Very Much, I think I would LOVE this album to pieces, because I think I will like Holiday when I see it performed live but I don't think I will ever care about Thank You Very Much.

Quote    Reply   

#569 post_url

Aug 10 16 1:06 PM

^ Also, "Torisetsu" did better than "Darling" on airplay, that's why I said it had more sucess. Yeah Kana is more premier than Namie at the moment; making her the best female artist in Japan for mainstream right now.

Quote    Reply   

#570 post_url

Aug 26 16 7:47 AM

I know this is super late but I just received my Just LOVE copy a couple days ago as it was shipped together with some other things. But again, this is a great album from her! Kana is basically the queen of inovensive sugary J-Pop and the songs in this album are basically just that, cute pop songs done well. All of the songs on the album I basically like although my current favourite is Life Is good, I wanna see you dance, Set me free and Have a nice day. I could do with a bit of less of that Dinsney-esque intro in Have a nice day but the chorus is ace. Whoever writes the choruses for Kana's songs is genius lol. Both the prologue and epilogue are also nice, Kana's albums' epilogues are always nice and rare example of intros & outros I don't skip when listening through the album. I also hear a bit of To Love-era Kana in Set me free which is a good reminder of her RnB-tinged past. I can see why some people may think this is a boring album. While I'm glad she's not going full country-lite this time around, the songs are just same-ol' sugary affair. But as I said time and time again, there's something about Kana's charm and delivery that suit these saccharine pop songs. I realise I might be biased since I 95% like her offering over the years ever since To Love but her stuff never fail to put a smile on my face whenever I listen to them. No matter how I think I dislike her songs, I end up liking it anyways due to the sweet lyrics or some other factors. Even Anata No Suki Na Tokoro which I thought was perfectly mediocre in the beginning, it grew on me! Long live her success and I'm so happy she's somewhat on an upward track again even outselling With Love! Gooo Kana!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#571 post_url

Aug 27 16 6:33 PM

↑ trust me, you're not being biased when you say that - if you've read the other reviews then you will know that most of the people who don't like this album is BECAUSE they love aitakute aitakute too much xD

Quote    Reply   

#572 post_url

Aug 30 16 4:51 PM

I wanna see you dance MV coming out in tomorrow's KANACHANNEL! Can't really wait, it's the first time she released two MV for album tracks! Curios to see what they'll get this time. + I wanna see you dance is one of my favourite tracks!

Quote    Reply   

#573 post_url

Aug 31 16 12:42 PM

This album is so so good! The more I listen to it the more I like it. The only tracks that I'm not fond of are still are Holiday and Life Is Good.

OH MY!!! I wanna see you dance MV?????? I will die right away. I love that song!!!
They need to keep promoting the album for it to have a longevity on charts. They went on giving another song a tie-in "Kimi ga Suki", and now a song with a new MV.

EDIT:
Just saw the music video, but no Kana on it! smiley: frown

Last Edited By: Kathia Aug 31 16 5:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#575 post_url

Sep 29 16 12:12 PM

It'a October 26th, not 27th btw TRACKLIST: 1. Dear Bride 2. Merry Christmas 3. 君が好き ( rearranged version ) Tracklist DVD 1. Have a nice day ( MV )

Quote    Reply   

#576 post_url

Sep 29 16 12:24 PM

The description says that it's a song dedicated to a friend of Kana who is about to be married.

The thing is...October 26th, the same day as Namie's single release date, and curious enough, their titles are quite similar. Dear Diary versus Dear Bride.

Quote    Reply   

#577 post_url

Sep 29 16 5:35 PM

The covers are kinda interesing in their color scheme, although it gives me some sad vibe, which is weird consdeing they describe the song as "uplifting". And yet another Cristmas song from Kana.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#578 post_url

Sep 29 16 9:37 PM

↑ isn't it only her second one? the only other one i can think of is Christmas Love.

i personally think she should have released a re-cut single from Just LOVE before a new single, considering the success of the album. maybe kimi ga suki, and then instead of including the rearranged version on the single just adding a second b-side like a normal Kana single.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Sep 29 16 11:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#580 post_url

Sep 30 16 6:49 PM

okay mr. scrooge =P

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help