6 W FACE ~ inside ~
倖田來未 1,207
7 W FACE ~ outside ~
倖田來未 1,095

Total Physical+Digital : Outside (21,857) and Inside (21,896) = 43,753

Quote    Reply   

#1824 post_url

Mar 15 17 6:31 AM

It includes digital sales from iTunes, Mora, mu-mo, and Recochoku.
The #1 album is La La Land OST with 6.2k. She just didn't do that good in digital.

Quote    Reply   

#1825 post_url

Mar 15 17 7:20 AM

So it doesn't count ototoy sales, the albums are in the weekly top 10 there. Anyway, I though she was selling 2x/3x times digitally...guess she's not.

Quote    Reply   

#1827 post_url

Mar 15 17 12:17 PM

Oricon includes all big digital download sites, Ridge listet them (iTunes being the biggest, then recochoku and long after the other two).
The ones not included don't make much of a difference, they're too small (that's why they're bot included).

Digital album sales in Japan are low like that. It's pretty normal.
Single songs are much stronger, like trillions.

Last Edited By: Corvina Mar 15 17 12:38 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1828 post_url

Mar 15 17 4:39 PM

People usually gets the song they care about, not the whole album. Utada's album sold 6500 first week digitally, so yeah, digital album sales are really bad over there.

Quote    Reply   

#1829 post_url

Mar 15 17 7:50 PM

^ Yes and they only count album digital sales not songs. Maybe that's what they meant by digital sales profit is not as big as physical album sales lol.

Quote    Reply   

#1830 post_url

Mar 16 17 1:34 AM

When I look at the numbers

But then Bangerang plays

Bangerang is my new Mercedes

Last Edited By: Puta do Pop Mar 16 17 10:22 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1831 post_url

Mar 16 17 5:30 AM

^ lols its okay, I think we just have to accept that Kuu is not as popular in Japan anymore. However, for as long as she's putting out urban songs like those in W Face Outside, I will always support buying her music!

Quote    Reply   

#1832 post_url

Mar 16 17 5:51 AM

You people have me hyped up for Outside. I've only heard previews and I loved W-Face, and Ultraviolet has been STUCK in my head. I tried to purchase the albums on the US iTunes but they're not available. I'm hyped and will have to buy them on the OTOY WHATEVER site or iTunes Japan, as I don't have Spotify. I'll share my thoughts later.

Quote    Reply   

#1834 post_url

Mar 16 17 6:24 AM

Kaled Kalil wrote:
People usually gets the song they care about, not the whole album. Utada's album sold 6500 first week digitally, so yeah, digital album sales are really bad over there.

Yeah, Fantomé only got certified Gold for 100k digital downloads after charting like that for weeks. Same as RADWIMPS Kimi no Na ha. Overall just 8 albums ever got certified Gold digitally and just 4 of those are even Japanese. People in Japan pretty much don't care for full albums digitally or probably downloading illegally probably got bigger there as well.

Quote    Reply   

#1837 post_url

Mar 16 17 11:29 PM

Alright, since no one's asked the question and I feel like it would be something we'd all do as J-Pop fans lolol:
Mash up both W FACE albums into your perfect W FACE compilation CD. Feel free to take out as many songs as you'd like and also change around tracklisting if you'd like

Quote    Reply   

#1838 post_url

Mar 17 17 12:01 AM

Corvina wrote:
Kaled Kalil wrote:

Yeah, Fantomé only got certified Gold for 100k digital downloads after charting like that for weeks. Same as RADWIMPS Kimi no Na ha. Overall just 8 albums ever got certified Gold digitally and just 4 of those are even Japanese. People in Japan pretty much don't care for full albums digitally or probably downloading illegally probably got bigger there as well.
Ikr...and it always bewildered me, those people that turn up to Kuu's concert; like one venue alone (let's say minimum is 2000 people in the hall concert - Tokyo will have like 5000 ppl); 60 shows for Live tour 2017 and most of them are sold out so minimum album sales should be around 120k? Lols but I guess with digital downloads, illegal downloads, purchases at venue etc. it kind of adversely affect the numbers at Oricon.

Quote    Reply   

#1839 post_url

Mar 17 17 12:16 AM

sora2522 wrote:
Alright, since no one's asked the question and I feel like it would be something we'd all do as J-Pop fans lolol:
Mash up both W FACE albums into your perfect W FACE compilation CD. Feel free to take out as many songs as you'd like and also change around tracklisting if you'd like
I actually have done mine lols and I do think it should be compacted into one album - sales numbers could be better that way
1. Introduction ~W Face~ (half the original track length) 
2. Ultraviolet
3. Wicked Girls
4. Insane
5. Damn Real
6. Stand by you
7. Heartless
8. Interlude ~Cupcake~ (half the original track length and make it more interlude with lots of bass)
9. Bassline
10. Bangerang
11. What's up
12. 喜びのかけら
13. Promise You
14. Bridget Song
15. Hidden Bonus Track: My Fun

Quote    Reply   

#1840 post_url

Mar 17 17 4:47 AM

I don't think the two albums blend well together and I feel they're pretty much 2 separate things so I am ok with them being 2 different albums. Having said that, if you release a short 10 tracks album you need very strong material and zero filler content which unfortunately is not the case, especially for inside which without bring it on, kimi omoi and sukideshite it's actually pretty smooth and nice to listen to.

Outside on the other hand is stronger and better put together even tho there is weaker material here and there so I just changed the tracklist order for outside while I removed bring it on, sukideshite and kimi omoi from inside. I think maybe with an intro/outro for each album they could have been packed in a single cd/tracklist but you know avex wants our money lol!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help