Remove this ad

#1543 post_url

Feb 16 17 8:43 PM

BRIDGET SONG: I'm loving the song, it reminds me of her "feel-good" type of songs like Someday, IN THE AIR, etc. I love them all.

Ultraviolet: All over the place mess. I'll wait for the full thing to better judge but I'm not digging it so far...

Both PVs probably cost 5 dollars and are boring as hell. She looks a ma zing on BRIDGET SONG tho. I love that hair so much!

Quote    Reply   

#1544 post_url

Feb 16 17 10:19 PM

Lucas wrote:
Both PVs probably cost 5 dollars and are boring as hell.

+1! and someone needs to fire her stylist from Ultraviolet.......

Quote    Reply   

#1545 post_url

Feb 17 17 1:06 AM

Ultraviolet's video looks fun enough for a simple dance video. BRIDGET SONG is the more boring video of the two in my opinion. (She also really likes sitting in that position doesn't she). Songs sound better with vocals for sure. Can't wait to hear the full thing~

Quote    Reply   

#1546 post_url

Feb 17 17 2:41 AM

The lack of ultraviolet in the Ultraviolet PV is disturbing, lol. I just watched the previews, I'm waiting for the album to listen to the songs, but they look fine. Kuu with bangs! I'm not surprised about the budget, but I'm not bothered by it as much as you guys.

Quote    Reply   

#1547 post_url

Feb 17 17 3:21 AM

I'm not that surprised they're low budget as they did shoot one PV with a very expensive camera. I'm just confused it's not Ultraviolet done with that camera. But they probably didn't have much money left for the rest.
I also don't care that for UV being a simple dance PV - I just don't like the choreography so far.

Oh well, it's just PVs. The music so far is awesome!
I like every full song we have already!
Ultraviolet is overloaded, but addictive. On my way has this great unexpected guitar break. And I just love the full Promise you.
Plus my fave previews are BRIDGET SONG and Bassline. I'm so looking forward to the full albums.

Last Edited By: Corvina Feb 17 17 3:29 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1548 post_url

Feb 17 17 12:14 PM

Why re all her videos lately very "low budget" and I say that with quotes because while the quality is not poor itself, it seems lately her videos just do not have much scenery or high quality props as they used to. I mean, they even tried to pull off the fact that she was in New York City with WALK OF MY LIFE when it was pretty obvious it was all a green screen. I dont get it. She must be banking but none of this goes into video production anymore? She should work with some American/European producers who are simple yet add some really good effects to videos such as Director X. Either or, I like the way both MVs look and I love the dance so far for UV!

Quote    Reply   

#1549 post_url

Feb 17 17 12:31 PM

ˆ She just doesn't have the budget she used to. Her peak and popularity is long gone, she only makes money from touring (and merchandise I believe).
Avex probably relocates the budget for their artists who are more popular than her rn

Ayumi suffered the same fate, I watched some of her newest videos and they're cheap as hell. She used to have the best videos back in the day.

Quote    Reply   

#1550 post_url

Feb 17 17 6:18 PM

But Kumi's videos were never that expensive looking, she always had some PVs that were just green screen and low budget, half of the PVs from Kingdom and JAPONESQUE were like that.
The last time she worked with an american director, TOUCH DOWN happened, and it was low budget as well.

Kumi's problem isn't really about the budget, and more about the direction and vision she's going for. SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA was low budget, but it was great. FEVER was a good PV as well. Even NO ME WITHOUT YOU was good and still quite low budget, just some scenes with a mirror on the floor.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1551 post_url

Feb 17 17 8:11 PM

I just realised that ku's ultraviolet fits the recent rupaul's drag race theme! lol
it could be the next MV for "Rock it (To the moon)".
I need a collab! now lol.

Quote    Reply   

#1552 post_url

Feb 17 17 8:22 PM

Kaled Kalil wrote:
But Kumi's videos were never that expensive looking, she always had some PVs that were just green screen and low budget, half of the PVs from Kingdom and JAPONESQUE were like that.

The last time she worked with an american director, TOUCH DOWN happened, and it was low budget as well.

Kumi's problem isn't really about the budget, and more about the direction and vision she's going for. SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA was low budget, but it was great. FEVER was a good PV as well. Even NO ME WITHOUT YOU was good and still quite low budget, just some scenes with a mirror on the floor.

all true, budget or not budge (IMO) there's work on the PV. Have Any of you watched ayumi's "Leilo" MV now that's super LOW BUDGET MV specially the graphic art, it looks made on power point or by some old person.

Anyway Here's a little bit more of Ultraviolet https://twitter.com/93_annnnu_br/status/832427784614014976 

Quote    Reply   

#1553 post_url

Feb 17 17 8:47 PM

YES TV promotion! Feb 25th

MUSIC FAIR collaboration with Akiko Wada and Yashiro Aki
They are going to sing

together
1. Ai no Uta (by Kumi)
2. ano kane wo narasu no wa anata (by Akiko)
3. Funauta (by Yashiro)

kumi solo
4. On My Way

Quote    Reply   

#1554 post_url

Feb 17 17 8:57 PM

YAS! Finally she's back there, I love Music Fair.

@ahtohtjpc Yeah... Ultraviolet compared to Lelio is a masterpiece. And I would love if the dancers were "popping up" as the queens like the teaser, and would be great if Ultraviolet was as colorful as well. Rock it (To the moon) is Ru's best bop since Sissy that walk. ♥

Quote    Reply   

#1556 post_url

Feb 18 17 5:08 AM

Excited to see some TV performances but I wish she picked a better song then OMW, I honestly dont get the praise for that song, just because its the title song for a drama? Ok, but its so boring... :/

Quote    Reply   

#1557 post_url

Feb 18 17 8:41 AM

imo its one of her best ballads lately
I really love how its not yelled. It's mature. She sings about something she has never before.
It's beautiful and well written.

Quote    Reply   

#1558 post_url

Feb 18 17 8:55 AM

My thoughts exactly... after Walk of my life where in most songs she yells I missed this kind of songs from her. It is my favroite song from "inside" so far. Extremely well sung and mature. Even if you do not understand Japanese much you can really tell based on the tone of her voice how sad the lyrics are.

Quote    Reply   

#1559 post_url

Feb 18 17 1:30 PM

Yeah, "On my way" picks up where "Ai wo Tomenaide" and "Koishikute" left off. It sounds really promising and hopefully no shouting towards the end. She sounds great!

Quote    Reply   

#1560 post_url

Feb 18 17 2:13 PM

The last chorus seems powerful due to the intrumental change, she sings it almost the same way which in this case sounds perfect and just right. I still remember how I could not go through her yelling in the last chorus of You're so beautiful... and the live version we heard before the album was out got me totally hyped for the song... eventually I warmed up to it, but still... it seems her team is missing a person who could keep her singing in control, let her know "no girl, we do it again, it is a bit too much"... someone said it makes her songs more genuine.. sure, I do not mind it when she sings live, she can go a bit over the top, but I want my favorite songs sound perfect in their studio versions... now I am worried a bit about "Promise you". In the live version in the last chorus we can hear some background voices like "yeaheey! yeaheey!". Hopefully when it is louder it will not give me an earache. "Promise you" might be my second favorite from inside.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help