Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Jul 7 15 12:07 PM

I can't with this: she's gone too western thing. Like cut it...Namie Amuro is MUCH MORE westernized than her and she's selling a bunch of records. It's not about the type of quality of the music. Kumi simply is not really broadly appreciated because of her personality and because she's been way more overexposed than Namie who has always been more mysterious and private so people are still interested and fascinated by her. Kumi is an open book aka a bitch and that's why I like her so much and I think her character is very unique in the japanese pop scene

.Then she's always had a good mix of japanese and western-style productions. EX TAPE doesn't sound like anything on the billboard charts as well as most of WOML songs. The only heavy westernzized song among the new 3 is Hurricane which is still an impressive bop tbh.
I think the high pitched notes are risky as well, I don't mind them in the studio versions as she's not nasal there, but live it can get pretty messy. She should restrain her pipes a little bit more.
Anyway she's always acted like a wannabe american cool bitch and tbh she was way more embarrassing in crazy 4 u, juicy, shake it, blach cherry and all her hyper sexualized MVs. Now she's found herself and her personality, she's still playful and sexy but she's doesn't look like a cheap skank w***e (I used to love her anyway lol).

As for Summer Of Love...I love the 3 new songs and I can't wait to hear them in full. Hurricane and EX TAPE have the WOML sound but don't feel rushed or left overs, they seem to be quality pop/rnb songs while the other one is a bit more fresh I guess. The summer collection is also a very nice project, much more appealing than a 3 songs single in my opinion.

Anyway shout out to whoever said is into Fleetwood Mac right now, I love them as well!

Last Edited By: Pillis Jul 7 15 12:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Jul 7 15 12:37 PM

Serdar wrote:
How to explain? Wannabe American "cool" bitch music or something like that? Now how she act is kind of embarrassing for me, her style also but okay there are still some fans who like this. Not me, I'm just waiting for some great songs to me. She has only the "good (old) songs" status to me why I'm following her - at these times she isn't totally my taste and the sales are talking too even her digital sales for new songs, so there are a lot of mine; just needed to say if there is someone who is going to attack me again (even you don't know the artist in private life).
Hey guyssmiley: roll

long time i write nothing to this but now.Serdar thank you i am with you !
After Japonesque the Queen is fall from her throne
Do you remember we are was total freaky about new music  or  something else and now  we must discuss about it her music .
What the hell is going on ?
Her sales going down , Koda Kumi was that kind of Woman who made the trends and now she run after the trends like this america style.
No Jpop  No Cuteness
Her Songs are without any power and the tracks are so demo , It makes me wanna puke.
And than the new Mascot sorry it's  f ...ugly  with the shit name. i want Koda Kuma back the sweet bear.
When you remember the Kingdom Album was for me a Anniversary  and now Walk of my Live  my Live 15th anniversary  was..... *facepalm* , i don't know it don't groove on me .
And her new Album pls that's kind of joke or ? Why i should buy a  album with song where i had buy all her singles ,only because of these three new  songs/mv's and these songs not good.
i have wait for a fresh summer single ,and than this 
I miss something very much . i hope someone understand me 

PLS no attack this is my opinion . thank you ♥

By the way did anyone read this :

Kumi Koda’s tour has no elements of “Kucchan”. “This time, I did the music that I wanted to do”

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

Jul 7 15 12:41 PM

I said nothing against stars who are too much westernized, whole Japan is westernized. I only described how I see her and I said "wannabe American" not "everyone in Asia who is western". In fact even in west we have here different types of music, not only that crap (in my opinion, I'm really not warm with this). :P What I want to say is that this kind of music is sick with me; I don't understand what you guys mean with western always. Namie is making me sick with her English pronouncement but nevertheless her most songs are good to me so what to say against this? A second time I don't said something about westernized, I only decribed Kumis style of music I see. I don't know if you was at times around 2006 a fan but even there everyone called her "bitch" - and I liked her but now the music and her much more provocative image is so embarrassing / boring, not cool and stupid in my eyes. There is someone who says her new style is shitty, get it.

Always the same; I say my mind (like you all do to everytime, really sad that there is not only positive to say about, that's opinion), someone asks me what I mean and so I write. Why NEVER something like "Okay you see that in this way, I don't..". Scary how people protect idols like they are God or something. Every word I say against her, is a word against you all. Waah!

Let's go! Round 2~ I'm out.

EDIT:

^ AngelAngelic: Glad to hear that! I really think the same way. And sad how people like us here have to say "Please don't attack me" at the end always.

Last Edited By: Serdar Jul 7 15 12:47 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

Jul 7 15 12:51 PM

Did you listen to EX TAPE in full? How do you like it?
Or will you listen to the other two new songs?
And how do you think her image is much more provocative than in the past?

I really wonder and would like to hear, why you think that, cause I do think it was much more provocative in the past.

I'm fine when people don't like her music or her current direction.
She won't please everybody - never did and never will.
But why should her sales have something to do with it?
If I'm looking on some other artists, who are in the same boat with her, but do have a totally different style of music (Ayu for example - or Miliyah Kato, or even worse than ger, Ai Otsuka, doesn't matter).
Her style of music really doesn't have much to do with her sales at the moment.
She could release all fluffy pop songs and I guess the sales wouldn't be any different.
She just isn't the ideal pop star.

Last Edited By: Corvina Jul 7 15 1:00 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

Jul 7 15 1:01 PM

Serdar wrote:
I said nothing against stars who are too much westernized, whole Japan is westernized. I only described how I see her and I said "wannabe American" not "everyone in Asia who is western". In fact even in west we have here different types of music, not only that crap (in my opinion, I'm really not warm with this). :P What I want to say is that this kind of music is sick with me; I don't understand what you guys mean with western always. Namie is making me sick with her English pronouncement but nevertheless her most songs are good to me so what to say against this? A second time I don't said something about westernized, I only decribed Kumis style of music I see. I don't know if you was at times around 2006 a fan but even there everyone called her "bitch" - and I liked her but now the music and her much more provocative image is so embarrassing / boring, not cool and stupid in my eyes. There is someone who says her new style is shitty, get it.

Always the same; I say my mind (like you all do to everytime, really sad that there is not only positive to say about, that's opinion), someone asks me what I mean and so I write. Why NEVER something like "Okay you see that in this way, I don't..". Scary how people protect idols like they are God or something. Every word I say against her, is a word against you all. Waah!

Let's go! Round 2~ I'm out.

EDIT:

^ AngelAngelic: Glad to hear that! I really think the same way. And sad how people like us here have to say "Please don't attack me" at the end always.

Well I didn't attack you're entitled to your opinion
I just think it's pretty much obvious that her older image and music were much more provocative. I can understand that many fans aren't diggin her new songs because her style has changed indeed and she's barely releasing cute japanese songs which, personally, it's a GREAT deal. The thing I don't understand is that people seem to complain about Kumi following american trends and acting like a wannabe cool bitch when she's always been like this, on the contrary I feel she's much more honest and cool with herself now more than ever.

The she has always done POP music, not some sort of innovative, forward thinking, crazy complex type of music. She's been definitely daring both musically and visually, especially for jpop standards but I'm not really shoked about her new sound, it's just good pop/rnb stuff. I don't get the whole drama. I much rather her songs than dated edm music made just for clubbing and driking.

And I coulnd't agree more with her words <3 

“I wore girly dresses up till now, and my songs were about being cute. When I perform as “myself now”, ‘Kucchan’ naturally disappears from my performance. The same with “WALK OF MY LIFE”, it was not intentional, but when I did the music I wanted, “Kucchan” naturally went away. It has some to do with my age, but ‘Kucchan’ came about from an image that the fans wanted. I made my hair, costumes, and stage simple and wanted to express myself with my dancing, my singing, and my body. The performance depended on me more than ever. It made me very happy to hear when people said, ‘It was fun!’” –Kumi Koda

Last Edited By: Pillis Jul 7 15 1:05 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

Jul 7 15 1:03 PM

You can't just have an opinion and then expect no reaction from it. If you feel attacked when people answer and prove their point, you shouldn't post your opinion. Nobody has insulted you.

They're doing the same thing as you are but from their point of view. It's called a discussion.

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

Jul 7 15 1:08 PM

Hm, if I think about it - the only thing, that might revive her sales or give her some good ones, would probably be a big love ballad.
But Kuu herself said at the time Bon Voyage was released, she won't do any sappy love ballads anymore, as it doesn't fit with who she is now.

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

Jul 7 15 1:12 PM

Corvina wrote:
Hm, if I think about it - the only thing, that might revive her sales or give her some good ones, would probably be a big love ballad.
But Kuu herself said at the time Bon Voyage was released, she won't do any sappy love ballads anymore, as it doesn't fit with who she is now.
I don't think another big peak will be possible but the best option right now would be to maintain a solid fanbase. But I'll admit to being a bit disappointed learning that she won't do ballads for a while. "Koishikute" was the best ballad a-side she did IMO.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Jul 7 15 1:13 PM

DeepFried wrote:
You can't just have an opinion and then expect no reaction from it. If you feel attacked when people answer and prove their point, you shouldn't post your opinion. Nobody has insulted you.

They're doing the same thing as you are but from their point of view. It's called a discussion.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 post_url

Jul 7 15 1:23 PM

DeepFried wrote:

it will give people who attack you because you are questioning about  Kumi music  /your opinion or other artist.
We are all here for discussion 
But this is more a offtopic smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

Jul 7 15 2:17 PM

Do we have to see that with the reaction as objectively? Is it really that normal to ask foreign users to (in mind the words) "WHY DO YOU DON'T LIKE THIS I LOVE IT F U". I mean you say "I like it" no one says something, you say "I don't like it" everybody of this small community trys to start fights against you. Yes I mean I really don't think that anyone wants to know my opinion here - and that's about everyone - we're writing only because it's fun saying something in own opinion. And from people who attacks you the whole time asking "I want to know why do you think that way" that's not really serious and being like can't with this. You know? It would be strange if I would say "I want to know why you love this" - the answer would be "That's my opinion, get it" - the same not on the opposite.

And I listen to every song in full length and after this I delete them or never go on the video back.

Quote    Reply   

#53 post_url

Jul 7 15 2:21 PM

I got this lyrics for EX TAPE. Not sure if the 2nd verse is accurate though...

Last Edited By: truthteller Jul 7 15 2:30 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

Jul 7 15 2:47 PM

Serdar wrote:
Do we have to see that with the reaction as objectively? Is it really that normal to ask foreign users to (in mind the words) "WHY DO YOU DON'T LIKE THIS I LOVE IT F U". I mean you say "I like it" no one says something, you say "I don't like it" everybody of this small community trys to start fights against you. Yes I mean I really don't think that anyone wants to know my opinion here - and that's about everyone - we're writing only because it's fun saying something in own opinion. And from people who attacks you the whole time asking "I want to know why do you think that way" that's not really serious and being like can't with this. You know? It would be strange if I would say "I want to know why you love this" - the answer would be "That's my opinion, get it" - the same not on the opposite.

And I listen to every song in full length and after this I delete them or never go on the video back.

No one has attacked you. When someone shares his or her opinion it is normal that other people ask questions about details maybe. Now you have explained why you do not like her anymore and that's it. We agree to disagree.

Other people on the contrary have positive things to say and it's normal that they share details about their opinion as well. Forums work like that and it's sad that most of the time some peple tend to get upset and blow things out of proportion just because different people have different opinions.

Going back to Kumi, I do not think that sales are a 100% effective way to measure people's appreciation. After 15 years, 12 albums and several collections, singles, tours and moreI think it's pretty standard to see a big drop in terms of sales. That doesn't necessarily mean she's not popular or that she doesn't have a solid fanbase. Her tours always sell pretty well and her shows are probably the best in JPop history despite not having HUGE budgets and stages. 
Then she's clearly pleasing herself lately and not her casual fans...I really appreciate that and it's making me like her even more.

Quote    Reply   

#55 post_url

Jul 7 15 3:25 PM

O.O! OMG guys, wtf? X( Killing the vibe & atmosphere much? It's not that serious! Calm down. Stop fighting and judging her & each other.

It may not be what you like, but if she does, she does.Who are we to tell her who she is or not? Like I said, I went to the start of her career for days listening only to her (to view as if I grew with it as Japan & fans there did & to have that connection & understanding w/o comparisons). What I got was: she's always been herself & who she is and wants to be. I ♡ that! If fully familiar w/ her stuff you know she's always had "Urban" in her roots, sometimes splashes of Rock, & obviously has fun w/ Pop. That has crap to do w/ being "American/Western" or "Japanese", esp since she seems more interested in middle Eastern styles. It's just MUSIC, & you can tell she feels it. She ♡ it so much, she can even entertain you w/ a song you didn't like too well, b/c the love & energy. If we only view it selfishly of what we want/like, it shatters.

I'm saying it: she's an adorable quirky fun funky "ghettopoptastic" diva! It's not faked or "wannabe". It's just truly who she is @ <3. It's always on. The labels of "Western" or "Japanese", is she supposed to only do Enka & anime songs in Kimonos? Is that all Japan is...? Does that make you more like "true Japanese" to say it? @_@ Why so bitter? If you don't like skip & move on, leave it for those who do to enjoy w/o declaring your dislike as if Kuu violated rights xD

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Jul 7 15 3:37 PM

You guys fight too much were crankly debating when I joined. I feared asking my question.
●Why mention other artists in another's thread to be negative in either direction?
●Why "tell the artist" who to be or who they are, based on your opinion?
●Why get angry when you don't like a song? In which it's only true flaw is your opinion?

Like Kuu's friend said: WHERE IS THE LOVE?! XD

Quote    Reply   

#57 post_url

Jul 7 15 6:08 PM

We don't fight. We discuss; this is a difference. It''s a forum.Eyes
You shouldn't write skip and move on to old fans ,who grow up and going older with her music and stand long time behind her. 

you can't ignore what exist.Indifferent

No one make rules for kumi ,only herself and avex . Alien

And her quality of music was better and it doesn't matter what kind of genre.

Last Edited By: AngelAngelic Jul 7 15 6:12 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Jul 7 15 6:19 PM

Oh, is it that the time of the month to say that Kumi's music is shitty nowadays already? K bye.

Loved EX TAPE, and the lyric is quite lovely as well! The end is so cute with rewind, rewind, rewind. So weird that we didn't get the PV yet, not even one preview. The release is in two weeks...

Quote    Reply   

#59 post_url

Jul 7 15 6:24 PM

I don't think we're fighting and despite not having the same opinion Serdar has I get his point. I have similar feelings towards my once favorite pop singer, Christina Aguilera who I basically despise right now because she has let me down for over 5 years now.
So I think he has the right to say whatever he wants and use whichever words he feels to be suitable to express his opinion.
Having said that, I still don't understand why many people are so disappointed. I mean I do sense tangible changes in her music and image but her funding is always the same, shes might trying something different these days but it's not because she's not doing kawaii songs and sappy power ballads that I lose faith in her.
But probably is just because I've never been a big fan of those types of songs in the first place and I'm happy she's sticking more with rnb/pop/rock.

I think most artists whith longevity face this same problem with their fanbase...small changes can lead to big disappointment and let downs among older fans who feel nostalgic about earlier albums. It is what it is.

Last Edited By: Pillis Jul 7 15 6:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Jul 7 15 6:37 PM

Kalil I don't write shitty. And yes time change and people too. but I was never a big fan of kawaii songs and ballads *lol* in this way I could totally agree . But I will keep follow her.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help