+250 Pages

+100 Pages

Last Edited By: If You SeeKumi Mar 13 17 3:31 PM. Edited 42 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Jun 29 15 8:04 PM

@JEWELian: I actually think the stage set up was amazing! Those three big screens with more smaller screens in between - together with the use of colourful lights it looked great! Also the whole show was pretty much just upbeat. I'm not a ballad person and the ballad part on Japonesque tour was pretty long - and Kuu was mostly just standing and walking around while singing and doing nothing else. It dragged a bit. This is much better with WOML tour. The few ballads are incorporated in the setlist and aren't coming right after another. The only thing I pity is that she didn't use any rearrangements of songs this time. Or new mixes.

Quote    Reply   

#2 post_url

Jun 30 15 4:14 AM

Yeah, the ballad section did drag... but I felt like the upbeat section dragged, especially when she puts on the XV jacket at the end. The sides of the stage were cool, with the design of the city skyscrapers with Koda posters on them, but the stage itself with nothing but a giant screen is pretty uninspiring. They needed something else to fill the space.

Quote    Reply   

#7 post_url

Jul 1 15 1:43 AM

What's up with avex uploading a bunch of Kumi's old music videos in full-length on youtube? I mean I appreciate it... but I know they can give us better quality instead of 480p for all these videos.

Quote    Reply   

#8 post_url

Jul 1 15 1:48 AM

DeepFried wrote:
What does "EX TAPE" mean? Is it supposed to be a safe for work version of "SEX TAPE"?

XD My thoughts too when I first saw the title , esp since it's Kuu ! <3
Then I thought, maybe it's both? XD Breakup sex or sex w/ an ex...perhaps they filmed it...so now it's an "ex-tape" 😘XD

Btw, does anyone know what any of the posters look like now (aside from the ones on the site, that is)?

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Jul 1 15 4:35 AM

Yuu wrote:
What's up with avex uploading a bunch of Kumi's old music videos in full-length on youtube? I mean I appreciate it... but I know they can give us better quality instead of 480p for all these videos.

It really looked like they were hacked, lol.

The song sounds nice, maybe a bit too mellow, since the chorus doesn't really kick in, I was like "Oh, so that was a chorus, okay". I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Jul 1 15 9:50 AM

Yeah the song's pretty mellow but I like it when she keeps it controlled! The song's chill. Now that I've listened to the preview, it's pretty much a voicemail thing. Makes sense.

But hey, avex needs to start somewhere right? Maybe in 2020 we'll get HD versions but full versions are already a step forward.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 post_url

Jul 1 15 10:32 AM

99.9% sure she's doing a word play on "SEX TAPE" while really meaning "EX TAPE" aka a voice mail from her ex.

The song is alright. The new songs sound like WALK OF MY LIFE rejects. This is by far the least I've liked her music in AGES. The only recent songs I've liked are Dance in the Rain, HOTEL, Turn Around and Sometimes Dreams Come True. :/

Or maybe my taste is changing... I can't take these cookie-cutter pop tracks anymore. I've been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac lately.

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Jul 1 15 11:41 AM

A song w/ the title Sex/Ex tape is definitely not "cookie-cutter" xD does that even apply to Kuu? Even when she goes super kawaii mode there's still...you know. XD Ntm Turn Around, Dance in the Rain, and esp Hotel would definitely be "cookie cut", now songs like Money in the Bag, that's what you would call "non-cookie cutter" Same w/ So Fever.

PS I haven't heard anything but the Hurricane demo as I don't like to listen until I have the album, & that was only b/c it wasn't confirmed as the right one yet; so, I'm not trying to shove an opinion or anything, just saying that perhaps you meant another term xP.
Other "cookie cutter" ex would be Lovely, Lick Me, Small World, Hey Baby, etc

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Jul 2 15 5:28 AM

Kataclysm03 wrote:
A song w/ the title Sex/Ex tape is definitely not "cookie-cutter" xD does that even apply to Kuu? Even when she goes super kawaii mode there's still...you know. XD Ntm Turn Around, Dance in the Rain, and esp Hotel would definitely be "cookie cut", now songs like Money in the Bag, that's what you would call "non-cookie cutter" Same w/ So Fever.

PS I haven't heard anything but the Hurricane demo as I don't like to listen until I have the album, & that was only b/c it wasn't confirmed as the right one yet; so, I'm not trying to shove an opinion or anything, just saying that perhaps you meant another term xP.
Other "cookie cutter" ex would be Lovely, Lick Me, Small World, Hey Baby, etc

You got it all wrong. "Cookie-cut" means that the majority of her latest song were all the same, or sounded like the songs you hear everywhere, read it as "copy-paste", "cookie-cut" doesn't mean "cute".

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Jul 2 15 6:01 AM

Ah, I see, that makes sense Definitely my mistake there. I took it to mean something else; eg "country's sweetheart", sugar pop, overly squeaky-clean/wholesome, RachelRay & Martha Bakes, etc, as that's where/how I've usually seen the phrase used such as for child/teen stars.

I REALLY fail at slang and such pop media terms xP Sorry about that

Last Edited By: Kataclysm03 Mar 22 16 3:31 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Jul 2 15 6:13 AM

Oh wow, thanks for clarifying that, evilsin. I was a bit confused about Kataclysm's reply, haha. I didn't realize he/she misunderstood the term "cookie-cutter".

Actually, "cookie-cutter" isn't bad per sé -- I'm not attacking her. But we're at such a stage in her career that she has so many songs, if they start sounding the same -- it feels like "why bother?". She has plenty of songs already that sound just like it but are way better. (And my taste for music has broadened, so anything that sounds generic I will simply skip instead of trying to like it lol..)

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Jul 2 15 7:48 AM

^ No problem, lol. Maybe you listened to a lot of artists who released the same music sound-wise in a short period of time, hence you got fed up with it? I think if you'll relax and listen to some other genres and then return to Kumi's latest you'll be able to hear it with a new ear.

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Jul 2 15 8:23 AM

I can relate and felt that w/ La x5. It wasn't bad; I didn't hate it, but it felt...reductive. She has many songs like it, which isn't bad as some people only do 1 or 2 genres so their sound is usually the same/similar, but the issue was it was like a "cheap" ver of those songs; if released earlier in her career I wouldn't had felt such.

I also agree w/ evilsin. It may just be you've been listening to similar artists too close apart and/or for too long for your taste. Or as you said, your taste is changing; not necessarily broadening, but changing, moreso in that it's narrowing or zoning in rather. As we get older we shape & define who we are and what we do/don't like; basically we understand more of what we're looking for. It's expected & normal

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Jul 2 15 9:37 AM

With such a long career and so much material, it's normal sounds will recur. For me EX TAPE sounds like a nice continuation from WOML in sound. Richer maybe? Better produced? I really like it. But can you guys tell me, what it reminds you of? So that you don't like it?

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Jul 2 15 8:54 PM

I love EX TAPE, not sure how it sounds like in the same vein as her music from WOML (unless you mean HOTEL since the song has more of a similar genre to it)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help