Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#261 post_url

May 23 13 10:59 PM

I don't think putting the text anywhere else would have made them any better, I think it's just too big. and in CD only it's annoying how it's covering her hair, but that cover is awkward to begin with, she looks weird to me. but on the bright side, 1% and For you, For me are both great and I love at least one of the covers.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#266 post_url

May 26 13 1:20 PM

Tracklist:
01 1%
02 For you, For me
03 白黒 (Available on Type-A Only)
03 Sister (Available on Type-B Only)
03 8 years (Available on Regular Edition)
04 1% (Instrumental)
05 For you, For me (Instrumental)
06 白黒 (Instrumental) (Available on Type-A Only)
06 Sister (Instrumental) (Available on Type-B Only)
06 8 years (Instrumental) (Available on Regular Edition)

DVD Tracklist:
01 1% (Music Video)
02 1% (MV Making前編) (Available on Type-A Only)
02 1% (MV Making後編) (Available on Type-B Only)

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#270 post_url

Jun 15 13 4:03 PM

i listened to the single last night, i don't like 1% that much, Dear J is definitely much better, the highlight from the single was For you, For me. Sister is also really good. the rest are okay. i actually liked the instrumental for shirokuro much more than the one with her vocals.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#271 post_url

Jun 22 13 2:47 AM

It's fairly good, but I'm not sure her vocals are commanding and compelling enough to demand my attention.

What are the chances she actually achieves any substantial solo success?

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#272 post_url

Jun 22 13 10:46 PM

probably not much. her voice isn't that great. she's the only AKB member i really care much about so i wish she would have a successful solo career but i doubt she'll get very far.

Quote    Reply   

#273 post_url

Jun 24 13 4:45 AM

yamatake wrote:
It's fairly good, but I'm not sure her vocals are commanding and compelling enough to demand my attention.

Well, simple answer probably not much. 

Her success is mainly her Dear J debut and anything associated to her image as an AKB48 diva. 
AKB48 isn't a gateway into the mainstream. It's more like a school for girls interested in entertainment...even though may not completely transformed into their whatever goal they had..it's like hey..."why not test the waters to see how far you reach before you actually fly right in?" Kind of like American Idol but releasing music before the finale. Girls graduate from idol groups don't fair to well but hey. If they weren't discovered to be a sensations already, chances are they wont become one. 

My thoughts on Itano is that she'll probably fizzle out and become more of a fashion icon and marry up with someone.

Atsuko still has some appropriate success alone, so who knows...the next Aya Ueto? 

Quote    Reply   

#274 post_url

Jul 13 13 3:57 AM

Miichan48 wrote:

yamatake wrote:It's fairly good, but I'm not sure her vocals are commanding and compelling enough to demand my attention.

Well, simple answer probably not much. 
Her success is mainly her Dear J debut and anything associated to her image as an AKB48 diva. 
AKB48 isn't a gateway into the mainstream. It's more like a school for girls interested in entertainment...even though may not completely transformed into their whatever goal they had..it's like hey..."why not test the waters to see how far you reach before you actually fly right in?" Kind of like American Idol but releasing music before the finale. Girls graduate from idol groups don't fair to well but hey. If they weren't discovered to be a sensations already, chances are they wont become one. 

My thoughts on Itano is that she'll probably fizzle out and become more of a fashion icon and marry up with someone.

Atsuko still has some appropriate success alone, so who knows...the next Aya Ueto? 

ok, thx, that makes sense.  Not to throw stones, but her voice is a bit flat & she's cute for sure, but she seems to be a bit of a caricature of herself.  Seem like the J-music scene is crazy competitive with many sincerely talented types falling by the wayside after what it seems are very worthwhile efforts.  So, I was failing to see what her "secret sauce" would be.

You're right thou, dear j is actually pretty good.  Seems like the Akimoto clan must have a good writer or few on staff.

Quote    Reply   

#275 post_url

Jul 13 13 4:59 PM

^
Yes she is cute for sure and maybe being from AKB48 for a while people wouldn't take her seriously.
This is my reason why I believe she should have jumped ship with Maeda. Her graduating now seems so awkward and beginning to be under the radar while Mariko is receiving the proper send-off.

I really do hope for the best for her. I'm optimistic she might continue her music career, with at least a debut major album with all her singles to jump start it.
After all graduating from AKB48 doesn't mean you graduate from being managed from Akimoto. Sayaka Akimoto will still be in DiVA after graduation for example.

But again, let's look at Ono Erena. She's just kinda there but thats it.

Quote    Reply   

#276 post_url

Jul 14 13 2:47 AM

That's a good point. I didn't really notice, but you are right. Mariko is getting the epic, extended send off (rightfully so) & Tomomi seems to be simply moving on with relatively little fanfare.

Quote    Reply   

#277 post_url

Jul 14 13 11:39 AM

^It seems like Mariko and Tomochin are getting the same treatment.

They both got graduation songs on the upcoming single and Tomochin will get a Tokyo Dome concert send off to in Aug. 

Mariko just happens to be leaving next weekend so hers takes the priority this month.

If someones getting left out I'd say it was Sayaka.

Quote    Reply   

#279 post_url

Jul 20 13 3:08 AM

deimos9 wrote:
^It seems like Mariko and Tomochin are getting the same treatment.

They both got graduation songs on the upcoming single and Tomochin will get a Tokyo Dome concert send off to in Aug. 

Mariko just happens to be leaving next weekend so hers takes the priority this month.

If someones getting left out I'd say it was Sayaka.

Yeah, that's true.  I suppose it's a timing thing to some extent.

My understanding is that Mariko is the more vocal, communicative of the two?  So, maybe she just gets more interviews and such in general?

Quote    Reply   

#280 post_url

Jan 21 14 10:46 AM

profile photos

NEW SINGLE
「little」
板野友美 Itano Tomomi
2014/02/05 OUT

First Pressing TYPE-A
CD+DVD
KICM-91503

Tracklist: