Remove this ad

#241 post_url

Apr 21 13 1:57 AM

I don't think they make all that much. Certainly not relative to their fame. A successful business executive likely makes considerably more... and gets to have as many boyfriends or girlfriends as they like.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#242 post_url

Apr 21 13 9:11 AM

Wee! Excited about these news! I've already waited impatiently for a new single! Pictures from the PV shoot look pretty cool too. "1%" sounds kinda weird though. Don't really know what to expect from this... But I'm glad the single's supposed to be a dance number. Can't really go wrong with that. By the way, in those behind-the-scene pictures of the Samantha Thavasa shoot, she looks so innocent and dolly next to Taylor and her racoon eyes rock look.

mini wrote:
I know its not related but when I saw the title it reminds of those ~ we are 99% protest~ , so like the song would about her being rich and being in the 1% , LOL

anyway I am excited, Fuini is still my jam

This. "Fui ni" still kicks in. That song really gained my interest in her.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#243 post_url

Apr 21 13 1:25 PM

yamatake wrote:
I don't think they make all that much. Certainly not relative to their fame. A successful business executive likely makes considerably more... and gets to have as many boyfriends or girlfriends as they like.

I understand that music acts in Japan don't make a ton of money from CD releases, but with all those years of performing in the AKB theater, surely that has profited the members no? I actually have no idea how much they make from theater performances though, so I'm just kind of guessing.

Quote    Reply   

#244 post_url

Apr 21 13 3:40 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
yamatake wrote:

I understand that music acts in Japan don't make a ton of money from CD releases, but with all those years of performing in the AKB theater, surely that has profited the members no? I actually have no idea how much they make from theater performances though, so I'm just kind of guessing.
From what I gathered in the past...

Maeda Atsuko banked like 600,000 USD$ just from AKB48 participation alone. 
I don't believe the undergirls or KKS really make enough to really be baller..

I'm sure they make additional $$ from commercials, movies, dramas, photobooks, idk etc. Cause Yuko Oshima had the most commercials of her airing in Japan last year. So that definately translates in revenue somehow.

Quote    Reply   

#245 post_url

Apr 21 13 3:44 PM

^^ Unfortunately AKB members aren't paid much. They mainly earn from being recognized by other companies (i.e. opportunity to be in CMs / Dramas / Magazines / Variety Shows etcs).

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#246 post_url

Apr 21 13 3:44 PM

Thank you AKB encyclopedia.
Tomochin has been involved in a lot over the years so she has probably made more than the average member of the group. Now we just have to wait for her to be Namie pt. 2 and she'll be one of the richest women in Japan in no time.

Speaking of, why do people call her Namie wannabe/pt. II and stuff? Just because her hair is similar to Namie's? And because they were both part of an idol group and became soloists?

Quote    Reply   

#247 post_url

Apr 21 13 4:01 PM

^
Tomochin's admires Namie Amuro.

I don't really see the connection in music, only image which is pretty fuzzy. Every Namie and Tomochin cannot make that connection.

Though if we are going on that tangent, I wouldn't mind another diva into the scene.

Quote    Reply   

#249 post_url

Apr 22 13 2:59 AM

Shinnosuke wrote:
^^ Unfortunately AKB members aren't paid much. They mainly earn from being recognized by other companies (i.e. opportunity to be in CMs / Dramas / Magazines / Variety Shows etcs).

The key is probably not to spend it is like an NBA player.  *** poof *** all gone...

She's got the snaggletooth and the puffy eyes working for her.  She should get by.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#250 post_url

Apr 22 13 2:23 PM

YEP, works every time, Tomochin will be fine.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#256 post_url

May 21 13 9:29 AM

Sounds good, but not better than neither Fui Ni and Dear J IMO. She actually sings with less autotune which is great I suppose although then it highlights her subpar, unpleasntly nasal voice. I wonder how long she can stay in the spotlight like this although I think she'd fare better as a model.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#258 post_url

May 23 13 9:22 PM

I'm glad she took a while to decide like she said she did because they're beautiful, especially type B. don't really like that random guy though. maybe from being in AKB all these years she's like "yeah now I can at least pretend to have a bf!"

Quote    Reply   

#260 post_url

May 23 13 10:53 PM

The placement of the text ruins them but they're nice.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help