Remove this ad

#141 post_url

Sep 10 13 11:33 PM

I wonder if they meant original compositions as in her own or if they just mean they're all completely new songs. The wording does imply the former, but knowing K-Pop, I don't think they'd let her try and compose EVERYTHING by herself. I feel like the fact that she took so long was more because of the Eunhyuk scandal from a while back

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moh

#142 post_url

Sep 10 13 11:51 PM

I would've thought the "she plans to showcase her capabilities as a singer songwriter" bit meant that she probably wrote a few songs herself.

Quote    Reply   

#146 post_url

Sep 16 13 11:11 PM

I like the idea of the image but not the execution. The black and white scale makes her blond(?) highlights look white.
It ages her. Maybe that's what they were going for. She does have a tendency to look like a 15 yr old.

Quote    Reply   

#148 post_url

Sep 17 13 9:01 AM

Hey guys, which Korean album/mini-album of hers would you recommend for me to listen? I listened to "Can You Hear Me?" and "Monday Afternoon" and I have to say that I'm becoming a fan. My favorite song of hers are "Beautiful Dancer" and "Fairytale". I know there isn't a lot to choose from but I'd like your inputs.

Quote    Reply   

#149 post_url

Sep 17 13 9:14 AM

I think her mini-album "Real"and her latest album "Your Fantasy" are the only must-haves in her Korean discography. As long as you have "Good Day" and "You and I" in your collection really...

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#150 post_url

Sep 17 13 2:48 PM

I like a lot of stuff in her Korean discography, but a really great song is Mia. Keep waiting for her to put out something like that again. Don't Like Her is another really good song, that's on the 20 Year Old Spring single.

I'm the thread owner now, I'll update the first post later after I run some errands.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#151 post_url

Sep 17 13 2:54 PM

^^ That. Good Day and You and I are her major hits, but I also really really enjoy Real+'s songs (The Story Only I Didn't Know and Cruel Fairytale). The Spring of a Twenty Year Old single is also pretty solid, and starts off the more mature IU. Also, Last Fantasy the song is one of my faves from her :3

Last Edited By: sora2522 Sep 18 13 5:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#152 post_url

Sep 17 13 10:50 PM

Updated the first post, it'll work for now. I found the font for "Modern Times", but I'm not paying 26 dollars just to use it on one banner. Oh well!

Supposedly the words on the town map image are song titles. That would make a lot of sense.

❤《MODERN TIMES》❤《THE RED SHOES》 ❤《BAD DAY》❤《CINEMATHEQUE》❤《HAVANA》❤《SECRET》❤《OBLIVIATE》❤
https://twitter.com/egghead_me/status/379801239191437312/photo/1

She performed Bad Day at her concert last year:

Last Edited By: Moh Sep 17 13 10:54 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#154 post_url

Sep 17 13 11:40 PM

I didn't know I was supposed to look that deep into the image. I can only make out Loentree Theatre and Modern Times

My first favorite IU song was Marshmellow and Nagging is pretty good.

Quote    Reply   

#155 post_url

Sep 18 13 3:36 PM

Okay, downloaded the single. It's really her voice that sounds weird in Monday Afternoon. I still really like it, but something about the execution just seems really strange...

Follow The Moon wasn't too bad, but it's not as good. A bit generic, if you ask me. But maybe it just needs a bit of growing on me

Quote    Reply   

#156 post_url

Sep 18 13 4:34 PM

I really like Bad bay..so if that's an indication of her sound then I'm here for it.

I also think "I don't like her" is an amazing song. She will no problem pulling off the mature act.

Quote    Reply   

#157 post_url

Sep 21 13 4:09 PM

I found some pictures of IU with her blonde hair.
I think she'll look better with darker hair, but she still looks pretty.

Reminds me of younger BoA here

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#158 post_url

Sep 21 13 9:54 PM

I was honestly expecting the color to be a lot worse, lol. It's not a bad shade, though, at least it's not super bright.

Quote    Reply   

#159 post_url

Sep 21 13 11:04 PM

Wow, I thought the second picture was also IU at first o__o
She doesn't look that bad here. A lot better than on the covers / teaser pics that were released. I feel like the pink shirt helps a lot though, for some reason

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#160 post_url

Sep 22 13 1:37 AM

The second one is IU.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help