Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Jan 25 12 4:29 PM

Her new single has been announced for a March 21st release, 3 different versions containing different stuff (covers aren't available yet) :

Limited Edition A
Pre-order : CDJapan
2300yen (~$30) / TOCT-40391
CD+DVD+PHOTO BOOKLET
★ Application ticket for a special event

★ The DVD contains performances from the January 24th "IU JAPAN PREMIUM "SPECIAL LIVE"" at the Orchard Hall in Shibuya (around 30 minutes in total)

[CD]
01. Good Day (Japanese Version)
02. Rain Drop (Japanese Version)
[DVD]
01. Lost Child
02. Rain Drop
03. Good Day (Japanese Version)
04. Last Fantasy
There might also be an encore section from the concert, and a document movie about IU in Japan.

Limited Edition B
1800yen (~$23) / TOCT-40392
CD+DVD

[CD]
[DVD]
01. Good Day (Japanese Version) (Video Clip)
02. Making clip

Regular Edition
1100yen (~$14) / TOCT-40393
CD Only
★ IU Original Sticker (First pressing only)

[CD]
03. Good Day (Original Karaoke)
04. Rain Drop (Original Karaoke)

Just so you know, the application tickets are valid only in Japan. Pre-orders aren't yet available on YesAsia or HMV.
I was sure she'd remake this song, "Lost Child" would've been great too but Japan always prefer cute songs. I'm pretty annoyed there are different tracklists in each version.
Since she's with EMI Music Japan, I hope the packages of her singles will be as great as SHINee's !

Last Edited By: LeeLeeNeko Jan 25 12 6:28 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Oricon

#22 post_url

Jan 25 12 6:22 PM

YES TO BOTH OF THEM SONGS!!

When is it getting released though...? O_O

I can see Good Day becoming a minor hit in Japan

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#24 post_url

Jan 25 12 7:17 PM

It's almost 2 months time

Oh well she performed the Japanese version in her debut showcase, I hope some fancam pops up so I can hear what it sounds like

Quote    Reply   

Ikun

#26 post_url

Jan 25 12 8:41 PM

I wish her the best in japan *____*
Good Die flows very well in japanese! but she sung it better in most old performances of the song xD

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Jan 30 12 7:53 AM

Thanks for starting this thread! Beforehand I'd never heard of IU but I just listened to some tracks from her album and was hooked. I love her slower songs like The Story Only I Didn't Know and Slow. I'm not into some of the earlier songs I've heard as much, but since she's pretty young I guess that's kind of to be expected while she works out what type of artist she is/going to be. Her newer music sounds more mature and works really well. Some of the music reminds me of Ayumi's My Story Classical (which is perfect since I really like that album). It's also nice to see a new solo singer doing well considering all the attention seems to be on groups in korean music.

The only downside to all this is I'm going to have to spend even more money on kpop now lol.

Last Edited By: Seven Jun 8 12 9:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

Feb 10 12 10:56 AM

IU - Last Fantasy MV : Contains footage from 'IU Japan Premium Special Live' and IU visiting places in Tokyo. I think they made a good choice using the live performance, the song is really beautiful and using this type of simple MV lets the music shine through.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

Feb 10 12 9:19 PM

Apparently she's actually almost done working on a new Korean song, but doesn't know yet if it's gonna be a digital single or a follow-up track to her last album.
The problem is they don't know when to release it since she's gonna be busy with the promotion of her Japanese debut... I guess all Korean artists debuting in Japan face the crazy schedule problem anyway (*cough*SHINee*cough*).

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

Feb 29 12 9:49 PM

like the song! haven't heard the original Korean version but it sounds good!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help