Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 17 11 6:40 PM

Tags : :

Girls' Generation (소녀시대 / So Nyeo Shi Dae) is a South Korean girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2007. The nine member group consists of Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun. In Japan, they are known as Shoujo Jidai (少女時代).

The group gained attention at the beginning of their career with songs such as "Into the new world" and "Kissing you" but it was not until 2009 when they gained significant popularity with their hit single "Gee", which would be named as South Korea's "Song of the Decade". The group solidified their place in the Korean music industry with follow-up singles "Tell Me Your Wish", "Run Devil Run", and "Oh!" from late 2009 to early 2010. In 2011, after a series of activities in Japan, the group returned to the Korean music scene with "The Boys", which was released in three languages: Korean, Japanese, and for the first time, English. In 2010 alone, the group sold more than 11,730,000 digital albums and singles collectively.

The group's immense popularity in their native South Korea has earned them titles "The Nation's Singers" and "The Nation's Girl Group". The Sisa Journal named the group as the most influential entertainers for the years 2011 and 2012, making them the first female idol group in history to make the list. They have also been listed as #1 on the Top Female Singer's list for 4 consecutive years in a row (sans 2nd half of 2011 at #2) on the Leespiar Popularity Survey in Korea. Asia Today placed the group at forty-four on the 50 Korean Power Leaders list in 2011. Forbes also revealed the group were most powerful entertainers in South Korea for the year of 2011.

The group began a foray into the Japanese music scene in late 2010 under Nayutawave Records, with Japanese remakes of their 2009 Korean hits "Genie" and "Gee". The group's debut Japanese album, Girls' Generation, released in June 2011, is currently the highest selling album in Japan by a Korean group in Oricon history. It was certified "Million" by the Recording Industry Association of Japan, which made them the second Korean artist to earn such an achievement in Japan since label mate BoA's "Best of Soul" in 2005. The group followed up their success in Japan with their second album, Girls' Generation II ~Girls & Peace~.

They have expanded their reach in the Korean industry through their first sub-unit, Girls' Generation-TTS (known simply as "TaeTiSeo"), composed of members Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun. The subgroup's debut EP, Twinkle, peaked at #126 on the US Billboard 200, becoming the highest charting K-pop album on the chart thus far.

Wikipedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls%27_Generation
Generasia Page: http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Girls%27_Generation

💝💝💝 New Releases

Jessica - 1st Mini-Album 「With Love, J」
2016.05.17 Released | Jessica's Solo Debut

[Tracklist]
01. Fly (feat. Fabolous)
02. Big Mini World
03. Falling Crazy In Love
04. Love Me The Same
05. Golden Sky
06. Dear Diary

Tiffany - 1st Mini-Album 「I Just Wanna Dance」
image image
2016.05.11 Released | Tiffany's Solo Debut

[Tracklist]
01. I Just Wanna Dance
02. TALK
03. FOOL
04. What Do I Do
05. Yellow Light
06. Once in a Lifetime
07. What Do I Do (English Version) (iTunes Bonus Track)

💝💝💝 Korean Albums

💝💝💝 Korean Mini-Albums

💝💝💝 Korean Singles

💝💝💝 Japanese Albums

💝💝💝 Japanese Singles

💝💝💝 TaeTiSeo Discography

💝💝💝 Korean DVDs

💝💝💝 Japanese DVD/Blu-rays

Coming Soon

Official Korean Website
http://girlsgeneration.smtown.com/
Official Japanese Website
http://www.girls-generation.jp/
Official English Website
http://www.girlsgenerationusa.com/
Universal Music Japan Official Website
http://www.universal-music.co.jp/girlsgeneration/

International Fanbase
http://www.soshified.com/

Last Edited By: LeeLeeNeko Jun 19 16 6:16 AM. Edited 50 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 post_url

Apr 17 11 8:16 PM

it must've been real scary, I wanted the other girls to help her, what a crazy man. Who knows what the hell security was doing.

Quote    Reply   

feelmymind

#3 post_url

Apr 17 11 10:28 PM

DARC1993 wrote:
lol FMM Taeyon is my fav.

wait doing well on what charts?! :O

She kind of a bitch though. Or rather, she acts really entitled. If you watch their variety programs you'll notice. Like when people used to guest on her radio show, she do like all sorts of "cute" things to pull the cameras to her when talking or always interupt SNSD with the same comments. What really throw me over the edge, was she completely threw this performance, becuase she was mad at the station for not letting her do a do over on a live performance. And before someone tries to say "she was sick" (the chronic excuse for Taeyeon not caring), she did this performance literally 15 minutes before hand.

I don't want to kick her out of Soshi, but she really unprofessional and/or things she deserves everything and that annoys me.

And the ringtone charts of course.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Apr 17 11 10:39 PM

I want to believe that's why the other 7 didnt react. They were just like 'Fine, take her, maybe you can teach her some manners'. Hell, even Sunny looked like she followed more out of duty than anything. smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Apr 17 11 10:46 PM

feelmymind wrote:
DARC1993 wrote:

She kind of a bitch though. Or rather, she acts really entitled. If you watch their variety programs you'll notice. Like when people used to guest on her radio show, she do like all sorts of "cute" things to pull the cameras to her when talking or always interupt SNSD with the same comments. What really throw me over the edge, was she completely threw this performance, becuase she was mad at the station for not letting her do a do over on a live performance. And before someone tries to say "she was sick" (the chronic excuse for Taeyeon not caring), she did this performance literally 15 minutes before hand.

I don't want to kick her out of Soshi, but she really unprofessional and/or things she deserves everything and that annoys me.

Hmm I didn't know that but then again I don't pay attention to this group as much as others. Too bad there isn't a longer fancam so we could see if any other girls jumped in

Quote    Reply   

feelmymind

#6 post_url

Apr 17 11 11:06 PM

Infinite wrote:
I want to believe that's why the other 7 didnt react. They were just like 'Fine, take her, maybe you can teach her some manners'. Hell, even Sunny looked like she followed more out of duty than anything.�smiley: laugh
LOL. Well, its well known that Taeyeon is more of loner compared to the others. But, I think its more that they didn't see it, becuase you don't really look behind you when performing. If I saw that happening to someone I wasn't close too, I would still help. She not like a bad person or anything, they just needs to grow up a little bit. If you seen Dream High, she reminds a bit of Go Hye Mi and the beginning, (expect more expressive). She'll probably eventually come around, but only after every person in the kpop industry stops calling her "the most talented female idol" (That said, when she does have all the attention, she acts really dorky, so I can see why people like her..)

Edit: The rest of the girls coming to help:

I still feel bad for in this case. She didn't deserve it. Poor Hyoyeon seems in shock. Fan reports are saying that she went to grab for Taeyeon when he first grabbed her and then he shoved her away (the fan cam isn't really clear enough to tell)

Last Edited By: feelmymind Apr 17 11 11:31 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#7 post_url

Apr 18 11 12:46 AM

Oh I know it's just because of positioning; you can see Sooyoung getting confused as soon as she turns and sees, but still I like to pretend. Mikihead

Quote    Reply   

DARC1993

#8 post_url

Apr 18 11 4:00 AM

Hehehe well she is the kid leader right FMM?
Lol well anyways yeah u could see how she was mad in the video pretty funny.
I think that's why I like her.
And lol the link on YouTube had a lot of anti videos on the recommended side

Quote    Reply   

Sakura10

Change your avatar to 100x100 to regain it. 

#10 post_url

Apr 18 11 8:00 AM

feelmymind wrote:
She'll probably eventually come around, but only after every person in the kpop industry stops calling her "the most talented female idol"
Everyone in the K-Pop industry says that? smiley: eyes Don't get me wrong, I think Taeyeon is very talented, but are they forgetting BoA? smiley: roll

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Oricon

#11 post_url

Apr 18 11 9:59 AM

A ton of people say Taeyeon has the #1 voice which I think is ridiculous. Jessica wins that for her diverse voice. Taeyeon is the one who doesn't try most out of all the group (she's always the one who lip sings the MOST) and her dance routines look as if she doesn't care or whatever. BUT I still love Taeyeon <3

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Apr 18 11 11:10 AM

I was joking with my friend yesterday and I was like imagine if Hyoyeon was the one carried off... everyone would be like "good riddance" minus the four people that love her... i'd be one of them xD

Quote    Reply   

feelmymind

#13 post_url

Apr 18 11 11:48 AM

^Actually, I think they still be mad. A couple people tried to blame her for not helping Taeyeon, but then tons of people came to her defense and was like "he clearly slapped her/pushed. Look at Seohyun and Yuri comforting her at the end." She may be many people least favorite, but most fans still care abotu her.

Sakura10 wrote:
feelmymind wrote:
She'll probably eventually come around, but only after every person in the kpop industry stops calling her "the most talented female idol"
Everyone in the K-Pop industry says that? smiley: eyes Don't get me wrong, I think Taeyeon is very talented, but are they forgetting BoA? smiley: roll
When they make these list they only included groups, its only about singing ability and current idols. BoA is no longer considered an idol, but a full out artist and entertainer.

Of course, they also think Junsu for Tohoshinki is the most talented male and I can't agree. His voice is grating. And you all know I think Jessica is more talented than Taeyeon. I wrote like five pages of it. 

New Mr. Taxi Picture:
(Click for full size. Yeah, these pictures were photoshopped together. That why the heights are so off)

Last Edited By: feelmymind Apr 18 11 1:03 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#14 post_url

Apr 18 11 3:00 PM

that whole situation was just scary. even if Hyoyeon hadn't been slapped/pushed back, people shouldn't be trying to blame her for acting shocked/"not helping" Taeyeon. Sunny tried, but it took the male MC to actually stop him, and even then, it looks like he still wouldn't let go of Taeyeon's arm.

Quote    Reply   

feelmymind

#16 post_url

Apr 18 11 4:52 PM

^Hyoyeon reached for Taeyeon's arm immediately after it happened and got pushed away/slapped/something like that  than just watched (probably in shock), but people where blaming her for not helping Sunny.

In reality, if you watch the second video I posted, it took like 3+ men to stop the guy (and he still pulled Taeyeon down to the ground with him), so her helping wouldn't have done much. After RDR finish, you see Yoona than the rest of the girl book it over there, but Hyoyeon only walks like half way (scared), before Sooyoung and Seohyun checks to see if she ok and then go check on Taeyeon. Yuri and Tiffany also check while in the huddle, and Tiffany wraps her wraps around her shoulder as they exit. Bottom line: the girls look out of each other.

Last Edited By: feelmymind Apr 18 11 4:57 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Apr 18 11 8:17 PM

feelmymind wrote:
DARC1993 wrote:

I hated when she done that, acting like a spoilt child and just mumbling her lines because she couldn't get her way, not professional at all.

Did sooyoung get something done again..? she's looking different 

Quote    Reply   

Oricon

#20 post_url

Apr 18 11 8:22 PM

If her face is slimming again it's because the injection to pluff out her cheeks is fading away lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help