Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#261 post_url

Aug 8 14 1:23 PM

has anyone listened to the album yet? I'm only halfway through and it's pretty great so far. agaru LIFE, busy girl, and SUKI! are the best so far.

by the way, the first time I read the tracklist I read "growling" instead of growing, so now whenever I read it that's what I think of smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#262 post_url

Aug 29 14 4:06 PM

I listened just to some songs from tough Village, and quickly scanned through the rest. I'm pretty sad that none of the tracks stand out to me. Of course, I really do need to give a decent listen to the album. I'm just stuck on ZOOLANDER right now and because I really enjoy it and got pretty immersed in it, I don't really want to listen to anything else. Someone should take Shishi Funjin away from me. That song is too amazing to handle.

Last Edited By: mace63 Jan 25 15 5:56 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#263 post_url

Aug 30 14 12:47 AM

I always find with lecca's albums that none of the songs really stand out to me at first but it takes some time. I only listened to TOP JUNCTION once when it first came out and didn't listen to it again for several months, but now I consider it one of her best albums. although tough Village was unique in that I loved it right away, but that doesn't mean everyone will.

Quote    Reply   

#264 post_url

Aug 30 14 4:30 AM

Yeah, that's true. When I first listened to TOP JUNCTION (first album I heard by her), the only song that stood out to me was JUNCTION. When I listened to ZOOLANDER none of the songs stood out and I just thought that her songs were weird, lol. But now it's probably my favorite album by lecca, together with URBAN PIRATES. I'll say how I truly feel about tough Village after I actually do listen to it. xD

Quote    Reply   

#266 post_url

Jan 17 15 7:02 PM

I've been listening to the album too I only got my copy in November. It's great, I thought it was a bit of a generic lecca album at the start but there are some pretty nice tracks on it. That said I've not listened to an album of hers since Step One -_-

Interesting using footage of old PVs for this promo track?

Quote    Reply   

#267 post_url

Jan 17 15 7:27 PM

After all these months, tough Village honestly became one of my most favorite lecca albums. I absolutely adore all of the songs. The only song that still doesn't capture me a lot (but I still like) is busy Girl. I really love her extremely happy songs, so I really love Akirame Onna to Rare Otoko, SUKI!, Kitto Daijoubu and Juubun Everyday. That being said, ALL of the songs on the album are amazing as all hell in my opinion. I still think JUST 1 TIME is my favorite track, although it's really becoming hard to choose lately. Oh, I also need to mention Soldiers because that song sounds so unique in her discography.

And it's funny how I stumbled upon the new song by searching for the lyrics of her indie album, otherwise I wouldn't have known she has a new song coming.

Quote    Reply   

#268 post_url

Jan 19 15 1:49 AM

As far as I understood this new song "live again" is for some kind of dorama. The only other information is that it's going to be released digitally.

Quote    Reply   

#270 post_url

Jun 11 15 5:26 AM

Woo-hoo! Hope it's on par with BIG POPPER and Step One.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#274 post_url

Aug 26 15 6:19 PM

I've been waiting yesterday and today for the album to "leak", but no luck yet. I'm really excited for this album and find it hard to wait!

Quote    Reply   

#277 post_url

Aug 27 15 4:06 PM

Just listening to it. The mastering only gets worse and worse, lol. It's difficult to listen through this album without having a headache, and it takes a lot away from the listening experience. The songs are great as usual, though.

Quote    Reply   

#278 post_url

Aug 28 15 10:22 AM

Yeah the songs are nice.

I think lecca is the only artist giving me my yearly dose of dancehall/reggae per year so I enjoy listening to her albums since it's not a genre I seek for but that I like.

Quote    Reply   

#279 post_url

Sep 2 15 4:40 AM

The album is very standard, but all the songs are pretty nice. I like how lecca manages to make some songs kinda hypnotic in a sense that by the last chorus you want to sing along and wish for it to never end.

Quote    Reply   

#280 post_url

Sep 2 15 6:08 PM

I got my copy of the album the other day, the only song that really stands out is Your Turn. Not really taken with the rest yet, it's pretty standard as everyone's said, but I'm getting a bit tired of that because the style and even her voice between albums doesn't really change. I was still listening to tough Village until quite recently, and I never even got TOP JUNCTION or ZOOLANDER. Not sure if I'd get her next one.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help