9th Album "tough Village" + Live DVD/blu-ray out 2014.08.06

new track, "Vibes Up feat. JUMBO MAATCH" will be digitally released 7.9

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#246 post_url

Jun 18 14 5:09 PM

wow she looks amazing in that picture. it makes me wonder if this album will be more dancehall oriented. hopefully the covers are just as good. the covers for TOP JUNCTION were great.

speaking of that album, I only listened to it once when it first came out and I'm listening to it again now. it's the same as with the rest of her albums - I listen once and think it's nothing too special, and then I listen again and realize how wrong I was. it never ceases to amaze me how her music is consistently perfect.

actually it's interesting coming back from Cameroon to see this picture of her for the new album. red, yellow, and green are the Cameroon colours, and while we were there the girls got their hair braided like she does in that picture so it's very fitting taking into account my recent experience.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#249 post_url

Jul 1 14 11:40 AM

Does anyone know where lecca is from? I've noticed some peculiar things about her pronunciation, her vowels in particular. And then I was listening to MEG the other day and noticed some of the same things about her, and MEG is from Hiroshima, so maybe lecca is also from that area.

As for Vibes Up, the song is kind of basic. I usually like her dancehall songs but this one is uninteresting. And I was hoping for something more than just twerking in a warehouse or junkyard or wherever they are. Hopefully the other PV and song will be a bit better. One with a little less booty and a little more lecca.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#250 post_url

Jul 3 14 5:37 PM

this albums suffers from the opposite problem of TOP JUNCTION - this time the promo picture is great but the cover isn't.B0456AA7-CB7B-4666-8F2A-325B65358E0D_zps

CD
01. 上がるLIFE
02. INSIDE WARRIOR
03. Vibes Up feat. JUMBO MAATCH
04. きっと大丈夫
05. あきらめ女とラレ男
06. busy ガール
07. SUKI!
08. 君にしかないもの
09. JUST 1 TIME
10. soldiers feat. Spinna B-ILL
11. 充分エブリディ
12. growing
13. Brave New World
<bonus track>
14. proud of me

DVD
01. Vibes Up feat. JUMBO MAATCH -MUSIC CLIP-
02. 君にしかないもの -MUSIC CLIP-
03. OFF SHOT

i really feel like avex doesn't care about her at all anymore and it almost seems like they're hoping her sales keep going down so they can drop her. her last physical single was for Step One, and the two albums after that at least had a digital single. this time there's not even a digital single, and the song/PV they decide to release to radio/TV is one that won't appeal to the general public at all.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Jul 3 14 5:45 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#251 post_url

Jul 4 14 1:17 AM

The cover's not bad though.

^ lecca was never about releasing singles, so no surprises there. And I don't mind promoting tracks that are different from the usual radio-friendly stuff. Still she's far from being near to be dropped, in my opinion.

Quote    Reply   

#252 post_url

Jul 4 14 6:00 AM

"Vibes Up" will be released as a digital single. There's also a digital "Summer Collection" coming out on the same day: http://avex.jp/lecca/news/detail.php?id=1011800#

I think evelsin is right, I don't think she'll be dropped. Actually, even if she was, I think she'd find a way to publish her music. Nonetheless, it's true that her "single era" was a good way of promoting and I somehow miss that. But as long as her music is good I'm fine

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#253 post_url

Jul 4 14 11:36 AM

you're right evilsin that the cover isn't bad at all, just not nearly as epic as that promo. i think her best cover in her discography is the CD+DVD of TOP JUNCTION, that one looked amazing.

and there's the fact that she's on the cutting edge sub-label which is actually for artists like her, so i guess avex doesn't actually expect her to appeal to the broad public, and with that they're probably more lenient about sales. but even if she was dropped eventually i'm sure she'd continue to release indie music or get signed to a new label. at the rate she's going i don't think she'll be running out of quality music for a very long time.

Quote    Reply   

#254 post_url

Jul 4 14 12:46 PM

I really like the covers, here is the other one:

CD

+DVD

tour covers are up at her site as well. glad she is returning to her roots for this album, can not wait to hear more.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#255 post_url

Jul 4 14 1:01 PM

wow I only posted the one because I thought they were the same...I always was really bad at those Spot The Difference things. I am pretty sure I won't like SUKI! it's probably gonna sound like gomenne! and INSIDE WARRIORS and Vrave New World will be the greatest I'm sure. she always has the best closing songs. (I don't consider proud of me the closing song since it's a bonus track.)

Quote    Reply   

#257 post_url

Jul 11 14 8:40 AM

Her voice has always been a bit flat?

The live looks nice, nicer than the last one. I really need to get back in to her, I'm three albums behind!! (I haven't listened to anything since Step One).

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#260 post_url

Jul 23 14 11:16 AM

well you can listen to the previews on iTunes now. it does kind of sound like otaku girls no utage 2. SUKI! sounds waaaay better than I thought it would be.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Jul 23 14 11:21 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help