Remove this ad

NATE

JPC Admin

Lead

Sep 14 12 11:01 PM

Tags : :

My god I hate this board software. What kind of board doesn't have the ability to merge threads?

Anyway, a little recap of the last couple of pages:

• The Okinawa concert was cancelled due to the imminent arrival of Typhoon 16 on Sunday which is predicted to be one of Okinawa's strongest typhoons.
• It will not be rescheduled.
• All tour goods have been readded to the online shops and fans will be able to purchase all goods including ones that were to be event-only starting 9/18.

Also, UH+ posted a rehearsal clip:

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Sep 14 12 11:53 PM

i guess her Dome Tour will be extravagant! but nothing beats if you celebrate your Anniversary at the day of your debut and at the place where you are born.

NATE

JPC Admin

#2 post_url

Sep 15 12 1:02 AM

Wow, HMV actually shipped my DVD/BDs early! I couldn't get them to answer me about that damn "Hot Girls" CD though.

#3 post_url

Sep 15 12 1:40 AM

I'm secretly hoping Namie will bring the whole '20th Anniversary Live' show overseas, as her asia tour which she promised in all her interviews...

"20th Anniversary Live in Singapore" sounds damn good imo!...

NATE

JPC Admin

#4 post_url

Sep 15 12 3:58 AM

You know what? Since this didn't work out, I think she should think about expanding her dome tour. She can even make up for this show by adding a date at that Okinawa Cellular Stadium to make it up to the Okinawan fans.

#5 post_url

Sep 15 12 8:33 AM

I'm interested in seeing the figures though on how many of the attendees of the 20th anniversary concert were actually going to be Okinawa locals, and how many were from other parts of Japan...

#6 post_url

Sep 15 12 9:26 AM

we re in okinawa, staying in the hotel, restaurants close,
the monorail close, sightseeing spot too.
today i ve seen a group of 20 people from taiwan
wearing fan made t shirt writing 20th anniversary amuro namie
walking in the shopping street
then i know i m not alone here

#7 post_url

Sep 15 12 9:30 AM

Seemed like a lot of folks were from out of town to see the show. On the flight I took, I saw a bunch of people on the flight with Amuro swag.... Went by the venue today, saw the crane, and forklifts out, so everything was already taken down. Set must've been huge for them to use a forklift. Of course, I've never setup a stage that was larger than 50mx50m.

But yeah, I saw a lot of folks with rental vehicles go out to the sight to see if they could catch a glimpse of anything.

Most of the shops and whatnot closed early today around the island... Honestly, it doesn't seem too bad right now. The worst of it should hit during the middle of the night and it'll be gone by midday tomorrow.

#8 post_url

Sep 15 12 9:36 AM

I guess it wasn't posted here yet but if it was, I'm sorry. Starting on October 1st, there will be a special 5 episodes drama "FLY WITH THE GOLD" which will be preceded by the movie that will be released on November 3rd. Namie's Damage is going to be used as a theme song, so we might hear it very soon!

There is a trailer containing a new preview of Damage. Sounds awesome!

Last Edited By: dodo Sep 15 12 9:49 AM. Edited 1 time.

#9 post_url

Sep 15 12 11:49 AM

@bigkun: yeah you're right! And to make it worse (or better? idk), today like every shop on kokusai dori played Amuro songs, even more than usually... it was so sad walking round there.
Thing is, I'd spend those thousands again and fly all way back here for the next show, but
i. they're all sold out
ii. foreigners like me were only allowed to buy tickets for the okinawa venue - so no dome concert for me!

Also sad to know she already left Okinawa (this morning I guess). I know, what should she stay here for except some stormy rain... but that lefts us even more behind - don't know.

#10 post_url

Sep 15 12 11:51 AM

I can't belive they are not doing anything. i mean there is nothing they could do, but namie herself could at least psot some youtube video saying she feels sorry and also looked forward to this and blaa blaa blaa and come up with some masterplan

Remove this ad

#12 post_url

Sep 15 12 11:55 AM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
I can't belive they are not doing anything. i mean there is nothing they could do, but namie herself could at least psot some youtube video saying she feels sorry and also looked forward to this and blaa blaa blaa and come up with some masterplan

yeah, you know... they could have rented some place (hotel/whatever) to do a little pr and invite the fans, sell the tour goods etc...

edit: to be fair, that girl is as much disappointed as all of us. also she's not the one to blame, if any.

Last Edited By: pdawg Sep 15 12 11:58 AM. Edited 1 time.

NATE

JPC Admin

#13 post_url

Sep 15 12 12:37 PM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:

Masterplan for what? They're probably already in prep mode for the dome tour which is in a little over two months from now and that "Damage" song could possibly released in November along with that movie. Her itenarary is probably full and inflexible at this point. She could offer a condolence, but that's about it.

Last Edited By: NATE Sep 15 12 4:28 PM. Edited 1 time.

#14 post_url

Sep 15 12 1:00 PM

ThinkingOutLoud89 wrote:
namie herself could at least psot some youtube video saying she feels sorry
she doesn't need to do that, that makes her look desperate and stupid

she already feels awfully bad at what happened right now, and all we need to do is to understand it, even if it is hard (especially to those people who are expecting her concert and those people who are in Okinawa) for it to accept that they cancelled it, fans are not the only one who have the right to be disappointed, but Namie as well, she waited for this day as much as her fans does, so stop acting like Namie doesn't feels sorry for herself, because seriously, if anyone who is hurt the most, its Namie.

#16 post_url

Sep 15 12 4:04 PM

I think they should have waited untill the last moment atleast... is 5am now here in Oki (still jetlaggin),, Idk when the storm is suppose to hit but the weather isn't too bad right now, just alot of rain but I see people casually walking down the street.

And yeah they couldv'e atleast sell the tourgoods here somewhere.... Now I have to buy them when Im back home and pay extra shipping -_-

And yeah I was walking around in kokusai dori yesterday as well and every other shop played Namie... I felt especially sad when I heard NEVER END =| I also saw 2 girl with the same hairstyle as her dancer YUU and were wearing Namie shirts..

Anyway I think I will go to the "venue" later today if the weather allows it and hang out with other Namie fans and celebrate the 20th anyway :d

#18 post_url

Sep 15 12 7:09 PM

Hype wrote:
And yeah I was walking around in kokusai dori yesterday as well and every other shop played Namie... I felt especially sad when I heard NEVER END =| I also saw 2 girl with the same hairstyle as her dancer YUU and were wearing Namie shirts..

Anyway I think I will go to the "venue" later today if the weather allows it and hang out with other Namie fans and celebrate the 20th anyway :d
I met some people in an izakaya who had managed to get the last flight to Naha before all flights and ferries were suspended. We went to a club and sang Never End karaoke smiley: embarassed

Though I had no idea when I booked it, I'm staying at a minshuku that was formerly the Actors School

I don't know if I can bear to go to the site today. I'd like to meet more fans but it's just too sad that the event isn't going to happen.

NATE

JPC Admin

#19 post_url

Sep 15 12 8:07 PM

You know what I was just thinking about? There's still that part 2 documentary for WOWOW scheduled on the 3rd of November. Clearly, they must have been following her around up until the cancelation. We may not get the concert, but I think it's possible we'll get some rehearsal footage and we might even see everything that lead up to them calling it off.

#20 post_url

Sep 15 12 10:01 PM

Well, as least Namie can invite all her staffs and friends for a night of party and celebration. She can still enjoy herself but in a different way...

Zeebra and Komuro were celebrating, no less smiley: roll

Last Edited By: Uhplus Sep 15 12 10:09 PM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help