Remove this ad

#1421 post_url

May 8 15 3:38 PM

Shattered sounds good, but I'll hold off on making serious judgments until I hear the album. I didn't like the previews of Only One at all, and now I love that album, except of course One Dream. Bleh.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1422 post_url

May 8 15 4:33 PM

"Kiss My Lips" sounds very sexy! I was afraid she'd be girly-feminine and not woman-feminine when she said she'd be "feminine" this time around. I can't wait for the album to drop. But y'know, if you looked at BoA's compositions, it seems like she likes that light-jazz sound (whatever that means) in her songs. She seems to prefer singing songs sitting on a chair instead of dancing around. Do you guys feel like BoA doesn't have the drive to dance like she used to? She's very good at it but I haven't felt like that's something she wants to put emphasis on.

Quote    Reply   

Aizmov

#1425 post_url

May 9 15 9:01 AM

Dunno why you guys are so worked up when someone cast opinion based on previews, for me, previews give a clear idea of what the album's direction really is and you can easily tell if a certain track is what you're looking for or not, they are previews for a reason, it is rare, in my case, I'd like a song I didn't like in the preview, it would grow in me, yes, but normally previews indecates what tracks I'd be listening to the most

Quote    Reply   

#1426 post_url

May 9 15 9:53 AM

Clockwork preview sounds great! By far my favourite. From the others I just like Shattered and Kiss My Lips. Hope the full songs show some nice and interesting musical progression.

Quote    Reply   

Aizmov

#1428 post_url

May 9 15 11:06 AM

Yep, call it genius, it also has another term, they call it "opinion" :p

with 10 seconds so far everyone are saying "I like how this sound, I like this preview"... it's everyone's opinion
and we are entitled to our opinions, let people speak their mind, this is a discussion forum

Last Edited By: Aizmov May 9 15 11:36 AM. Edited 9 times.

Quote    Reply   

#1429 post_url

May 9 15 12:31 PM

I think the problem is not about liking or disliking a preview, but more about condemning an album based on previews of songs. I can only speak for myself but it happened to me more than once to dislike a couple of previews from an album but to end up liking the whole thing. You can also like previews a lot and end up being disappointed. It's not that rare, at least for me.

The fact is, you can like or dislike stuff, but condemning something based on 10sec previews sounds a bit premature to me. Ok you can get an idea of the vibe/direction of the album, but still, here we're talking about 10sec previews of half of the album. 10sec is a really short amount of time as compared to the usual 30-45sec+ previews we have.

As for my own opinion, I was a bit underwhelmed at first but I'm starting to feel like it could be an interesting kpop album (because let's face it, it is what it is: basic kpop) Clockwork and Shattered are the most appealing previews to me so far.

Quote    Reply   

#1430 post_url

May 9 15 12:58 PM

A couple of the clips don't have enough going on to really comment on, but most of them have given us the main hook/chorus. It's pop music. 10-15 seconds is enough to tell if you like it or not. This isn't some experimental prog album where the rest of each song is gonna be going in a completely different direction.

Anyway, it seems like this will be a very cohesive album if nothing else. I welcome that after the thrown together compilation her last Japanese album was. But hopefully, she hasn't completely abandoned the idea of making any harder or upbeat dance tracks in the future for this more mature image and style. She's not even 30 yet.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1431 post_url

May 9 15 1:18 PM

I don't like judging songs on 10 seconds let alone the standard 45.  For me I'm just going to wait until the album gets released so I can hear the songs in full.

Quote    Reply   

#1434 post_url

May 9 15 7:25 PM

^ She has been singing in Korea longer than in Japan.

She  trained as a kid since she was 11, debuted with ID Peace B in 2000, and then a multilanguage mini album...and this was all in Korea.

As for her ~style~ influencing one over the other.
BoA has always been pretty consistent in her personal styles and preferences as a musician.

Her Korean music definitely influences her Japanese music, she literally has a history of releasing Japanese versions of Korean songs (and vice versa).
Based on her history as a writer and composer I would say she is most comfortable creating midtempos no matter what the language, so I think the tracks we have heard thus far are definitely in line with that.

Quote    Reply   

#1437 post_url

May 10 15 12:24 PM

She posted "Green Light" and "Hello" previews.

Gosh, this album sounds terribly bland (and yeah, based on the 10-second teasers!)

Quote    Reply   

Aizmov

#1438 post_url

May 10 15 12:57 PM

^
someone stood up to me when I judged certain artist and their previews in whatsapp a week ago =P
you see? you can judge based on previews, sho sho go away now

Quote    Reply   

#1439 post_url

May 10 15 1:40 PM

The best thing about Only One and Kiss My Lips is that they represent BoA's vision of how she wants her album to be and I find that's really great! It's good that she found her "sound" and is trying to branch out to the creative process. Whether we find it interesting or not, is another story.

I'm sad that they wrote the wrong date on the teaser. I was expecting "Kiss My Lips" today!

Quote    Reply   

#1440 post_url

May 10 15 3:19 PM

DeepFried wrote:
The best thing about Only One and Kiss My Lips is that they represent BoA's vision of how she wants her album to be and I find that's really great! It's good that she found her "sound" and is trying to branch out to the creative process. Whether we find it interesting or not, is another story.

I'm sad that they wrote the wrong date on the teaser. I was expecting "Kiss My Lips" today!

Sadly, in this case it seems she wants to bore us to death. Clockwork and Hello sound like they could be interesting. BoA isn't a good composer and while I understand it's important to her to be viewed as an artist and not a girl who only dances and sings, she should stay away from composing as her weakest tracks are the ones she composed.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help