Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Jan 12 13 5:23 AM

I said I wasn't gonna listen to the preview...and then I did....

Yeah, I find it kinda awkward sounding, but I think that's partially cuz I'm so used to the Korean version. The chorus mainly, but the verses are okay. The quality also kinda makes her vocals sound weird, but I'm assuming that's because of that and not because of mixing issues.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Jan 12 13 11:03 AM

Negi wrote:
Y'all will think i'm crazy but i hate the fact that she looks THAT Korean on those covers...

Maybe they want to remind people that BoA is in fact (still) Korean? Lol.
Also the preview sounds good. If there's one thing about BoA that won't change it's the fact that her Japanese pronunciation has always been good. I don't gotta look up her lyrics like I gotta do with basically every other K-popper doing J-pop artist (except Choshinsei, they're japanese ain't half bad either).

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

Jan 12 13 12:57 PM

koregaboku wrote:
Negi wrote:
Y'all will think i'm crazy but i hate the fact that she looks THAT Korean on those covers...

Maybe they want to remind people that BoA is in fact (still) Korean? Lol.
Also the preview sounds good. If there's one thing about BoA that won't change it's the fact that her Japanese pronunciation has always been good. I don't gotta look up her lyrics like I gotta do with basically every other K-popper doing J-pop artist (except Choshinsei, they're japanese ain't half bad either).

Whenever someone mentions Choshinsei I can hear Evidence of Luv playing in my head and have to listen to it

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

Jan 14 13 1:45 AM

it sounds nice in japanese and all but the whole release is so boring to me. I NEED ORIGINAL STUFF, it's been so long since her last effort in japan *sigh*

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

Jan 14 13 8:46 PM

sora2522 wrote:
I said I wasn't gonna listen to the preview...and then I did....

Yeah, I find it kinda awkward sounding, but I think that's partially cuz I'm so used to the Korean version. The chorus mainly, but the verses are okay. The quality also kinda makes her vocals sound weird, but I'm assuming that's because of that and not because of mixing issues.
This.  Overall, it's a great remake.  I will say this about the upcoming PV... it'll have to work pretty hard to match either the greatness of the Dance ver or the blandness of the Drama ver.

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

Jan 15 13 6:33 AM

here is the Esub kara from our EverSweet fansub, njoy!
but what the hell with this topic's title?? "Flop" I dont deny that BoA is not so famous as before, but you guys go too far, it's so rude and really unfair you name the topic like this.
About the Only One Japanese version, I do love it. I bet many ppl cant get used to it cuz the Korean version is so deep in our mind, but for me, I do love her japanese pronounciation, and the lyrics in the Jap ver I think it's better than the Kor ver

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

Jan 15 13 6:53 PM

I prefer BoA's Japanese releases over her Korean releases. In my opinion, the Japanese version of ONLY ONE has better lyrics and the production sounds much richer.

I find the Korean version so boring, I don't know, it just doesn't sound vibrant to me, she sounds dead. In the Japanese version, BoA's voice just sounds so much fuller.

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

Jan 15 13 8:54 PM

glimmeringneon wrote:
I prefer BoA's Japanese releases over her Korean releases. In my opinion, the Japanese version of ONLY ONE has better lyrics and the production sounds much richer.

I find the Korean version so boring, I don't know, it just doesn't sound vibrant to me, she sounds dead. In the Japanese version, BoA's voice just sounds so much fuller.
I've always loved BoA's JPOP work better than her KPOP work, but I think you're grasping at straws with this one. The production is IDENTICAL between the two versions, and the lyrical content is more or less the same (BoA usually just does direct translations between the languages). And if anything, I think she sounds more detached in the Japanese version than the Korean version - at least from what we've heard so far.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Jan 15 13 9:34 PM

^
^
That's also the first time I've heard someone say BoA's voice sounds fuller in Japanese.
Anytime I question BoA's vocal ability, she released a song in Korean that reminds me that she can still sing (at least better than her JPN releases would suggest).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 post_url

Jan 16 13 12:54 PM

I remembered she said in her fanmeeting after her come back in Korea last year that she will re-write the lyrics in Japanese herself. I think she does, and may be there are some composers will edit the lyrics for her

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

Jan 20 13 10:50 AM

Over Only One whatever language it is in. She needs to step up her pussy she seems like she is fading away into obscurity. Where is Cobu ? Needs a massive PR campaign, even if the film sucks, with a killer soundtrack with epic choreography. Still praying for English album 2.0. I can't deny my love for the first even with its cheesiness.

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Jan 23 13 8:12 PM

new korean digital single 그런 너 ( "Disturbance") relased this 28th.
lyrics and composed by BoA.

she's gonna sing it at her concert.

Quote    Reply   

#59 post_url

Jan 24 13 5:36 AM

sora2522 wrote:
BoA....with a BOY?!?!???!??!??!???! :O

Excited for this though!

Cuz she was seen making out with a girl

Hopefully this is more interesting than the previous kpop track she's released.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Jan 24 13 8:57 AM

I think she's finally (almost completely) starting to take over the ontrol of her carreer. That's nice!
And her compositions are always J-Popy so I guess I'll like it!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help