Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Jan 11 13 5:36 AM

"Key of Heart" and "Woo Weekend" had phenomenal choreographers that were wasted on terrible songs. I don't know WTF they were thinking sending BoA out to the U.S. to shoot the "Key of Heart" PV or why they even bothered to hire Hi Hat for such a childish song. And by the time "Woo Weekend" came around, BoA couldn't give two shits about her Japanese career and it's obvious in the PV. And again, why would they hire such top-notch choreographers (S**t Kingz) for such a juvenile song?

Anyway, enough shit talking. I'm looking forward to the Japanese PV.

Quote    Reply   

#23 post_url

Jan 11 13 6:28 AM

GaBuPowa wrote:
"Key of Heart" and "Woo Weekend" had phenomenal choreographers that were wasted on terrible songs. I don't know WTF they were thinking sending BoA out to the U.S. to shoot the "Key of Heart" PV or why they even bothered to hire Hi Hat for such a childish song. And by the time "Woo Weekend" came around, BoA couldn't give two shits about her Japanese career and it's obvious in the PV. And again, why would they hire such top-notch choreographers (S**t Kingz) for such a juvenile song?

Anyway, enough shit talking. I'm looking forward to the Japanese PV.

Key Of Heart isn't a shit song, it had really good responses and reviews when it came out.

I vividly remember Brand New Beat, Key Of Heart and Winter Love as one of BoA's best and most successful eras. Not to mention BoA's held her last arena tour! And everyone loved the video and the dance too. And there were Korean and Japanese versions. Brand New Beat sold around 100,000 copies, Key of Heart sold 50,000 copies and Winter Love around 100,000 as well.

I don't know, if you hate KEY OF HEART then I imagine you also hate Shine We Are! Basically anything that is cute. And you do realize the cute style and sound makes up the vast majority of BoA's songs...

Last Edited By: glimmeringneon Jan 11 13 6:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#25 post_url

Jan 11 13 8:52 AM

I also think KEY OF HEART is hear weakets single ever....like ver. the song is so boring, seems to go nowhere and is probably one of the most bland pop songs I ever heard. That said, I lpove WOO WEEKEND

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Jan 11 13 9:30 AM

OMG, QR code on cappuccino foam is INSANE O_O
ONLY ONE sounds nice in japanese. The covers are okay, but it somthing with her hair that bothers me since korean ONLY ONE - it make her face look different =(

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Jan 11 13 10:59 AM

She looks cute in those covers! At least you can say they're putting some effort on this release...

For those who can't listen to the preview through the website (like me )

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

Jan 11 13 11:36 AM

Thanks for posting the preview!

ONLY ONE sounds very good in Japanese! Then agin, BoA's Japanese remakes (NO.1 for example) were always first-rate. I'm really like the covers too, it's been since she's had some really strong single covers.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

Jan 11 13 1:08 PM

It appears that Only One is getting somewhat decent propotion from avex! That's... Wow! O.o

And the Japanese version sounds alot better <3

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 post_url

Jan 11 13 2:02 PM

Oh, what a sensual covers! Japanese version sounds marvelous, full vocal and accompaniment synchronization. Love it way better original. ^.^
Hope single will be successful... at last!

Quote    Reply   

#33 post_url

Jan 11 13 2:18 PM

sin9hyaku90 wrote:
I liked woo weekend Gabu xD

Negi your response to her look is the SAME thing I was thinking hot damn

Loooooool crazy haha !

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

Jan 11 13 4:47 PM

glimmeringneon wrote:
Key Of Heart isn't a shit song, it had really good responses and reviews when it came out.

I vividly remember Brand New Beat, Key Of Heart and Winter Love as one of BoA's best and most successful eras. Not to mention BoA's held her last arena tour! And everyone loved the video and the dance too. And there were Korean and Japanese versions. Brand New Beat sold around 100,000 copies, Key of Heart sold 50,000 copies and Winter Love around 100,000 as well.

I don't know, if you hate KEY OF HEART then I imagine you also hate Shine We Are! Basically anything that is cute. And you do realize the cute style and sound makes up the vast majority of BoA's songs...
I think it's pretty telling that "Key of Heart" was the one low point during the "Made in Twenty (20)" era, and it not just 'cause she was injured and couldn't promote, IMO. The song is bland and boring and doesn't call for complicated choreography, so I don't know why they hired Hi Hat for that particular song. I can just imagine her getting the song for the first time and being like, "WTF, you want me to choreograph this Disney song?" I mean, look at her work:

Mostly, I just had an issue with how they wasted the location and choreography on such a basic song. Should've saved it for something more hard-hitting.

As for "Woo Weekend," I just straight up HATE the song (I just disliked "Key of Heart") - it's not even in my iTunes. "La ta ta"? Really? She was like 24 by then and still doing the same cutesy shit she was doing since was 17 with "Shine We Are!" (which I liked, BTW). She wasn't even selling it in the PV! The fact that BoA never performs "Atlantis Princess" anymore in Korea despite performing all of her other title songs tells me that she's over the cute thing, as am I. It was nice when it was age-appropriate, but not anymore.

As for "Only One," it sounds okay in Japanese so far. The syllabic flow is a bit awkward, but I'll get used to it.

Last Edited By: GaBuPowa Jan 11 13 5:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#37 post_url

Jan 11 13 5:49 PM

Glad I'm not the only one that found Only One kinda awkward....

idk after watching that dance reel of choreo and then looking at Key of Heart's PV (which I'm not really a fan of the song but w/e) she has choreographed just as "basic" crap in the past so she was probably just w/e. Besides plenty of corny ass songs have had pretty good choreo attached to them so its not something I've made a necessary problem. Woo Weekend probably would fit into that same category for most people in general. I still don't know why I can't come to hate the song myself, but you have got to admit they had some extremely clever choreo-stage set combinations going on and the instrumentals themselves weren't that bad--they're pretty funky and unique to a certain degree.

But then again it might still be me lol

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

Jan 11 13 8:56 PM

The Japanese version sounds nice, I'm not surprised since BoA's transitions between Korean and Japanese always were very well done. The cover remind me of a mix between Namie and IU.

I'm not excited for this single at all, but I hope there's an album right after it (with new original Japanese songs, obviously).

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

Jan 11 13 10:05 PM

Wow...it's not Eien good....but it's still amazing. Sorry about the covers though.....truly.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help