Remove this ad

Dumbellz

#41 post_url

Jul 13 15 10:45 AM

DeepFried wrote:
I liked it. There was some symbolism this time around compared to most of her previous videos which were quite empty. Each woman represented an essential part of (her?) life; education, love and career. They were all being held back by the red thread for various reasons. There's also the butterfly which couldn't manage to fly away which represents whatever you think it does. The video was cheesy but it does its job well.

On other news, the last(?) song is called "Sorrows". Lyrics are quite sad and self-reflective. I wonder what kind of song it's going to be!
yeah, i read the lyrics. Secretly hope it is a ballad. Apparently the lyrics also referenced to her past songs.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Jul 13 15 5:02 PM

DeepFried wrote:
I liked it. There was some symbolism this time around compared to most of her previous videos which were quite empty. Each woman represented an essential part of (her?) life; education, love and career. They were all being held back by the red thread for various reasons. There's also the butterfly which couldn't manage to fly away which represents whatever you think it does. The video was cheesy but it does its job well.

On other news, the last(?) song is called "Sorrows". Lyrics are quite sad and self-reflective. I wonder what kind of song it's going to be!

Huh. That's nice symbolism. I'm not sure they intended it that way. I think they just showed some different characters struggling in life, being "chained" to something or someone... I really don't understand the ending or why suddenly they all seem happy.

The idea of them being different sides of one person is cool. I wish they would've gone with that. Instead we get some (well acted) crying for 3 minutes lol

Sorrows has beautiful lyrics, but knowing they are written for her fans, I can't help but feel uncomfortable. It's some really serious stuff. Stuff you would write to your father or mother or your spouse. Not to fans you've never met. You don't love me, Ayu. You don't know me. I don't love you either. We just share love for the same thing (your music). A bit inappropriate imo, kinda feels like she's just doing all this to get her Japanese fans back.

Like when she said the CDL was done when she realized she had to "stop running away and hiding" from Japan. That's lovely, but in the CDL I just see nothing new or different. Same old circus drag queen crap from the past years.

And as much as I like A ONE, it feels like a slightly contrived attempt to be as J-Pop and generic as possible to go "back to her roots" (from music to covers to album title).

I look forward to the TA Tour 2015. We will see in that concert her new direction for her music. If it's just more circus drag queen show, then okay, Ayu, you're still the same. Don't make excuses up to get your fans back.

If she's re-invented herself for TA Tour 2015 -- singing obscure songs like Dolls and no more words, then yeah, I believe ya. :P

Last Edited By: luciasilvermoon Jul 13 15 5:10 PM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

Jul 15 15 11:37 AM

the covers aren't even that bad tho (???)

idg how people judge because everyone was gushing that kumi looks 'flawless' in EX TAPE with that god awful hair and makeup job
but then ayumi looks like a mess in some pretty cute covers, her lips might look a bit weird but its not really a big deal overall

idg the overseas j-diva community

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

Jul 15 15 3:48 PM

Kohaku wrote:
Can someone tell me who produced "Step by Step"? It is awfully similar to some other song I really like.. Can't remember which one though.
I can't seem to find confirmation but it's assumed to be done by TK because it shares similarities with "snowy kiss" and "The Show Must Go On" which are done by him. 

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

Jul 15 15 5:40 PM

"Summer diary" is a nice surprise!

The song is a big comeback of her Duty-RAINBOW sound (aka the golden era), it's very HAL sounding but without sounding dated as her latest "throwback" releases.

The PV looks beautiful, but it's funny to see that guy as her love interest, he acts too gay in certain parts haha.
The whole "ayu crying scene" is present again, which is getting a tired, but in the rest of the PV she looks beautiful.

"Step by step" is pretty generic (and the melody is similar to "The Show Must Go On" which sounds a lot like "snowy kiss") but this new song is a VERY nice surprise.

I'm very excited about the other 3 songs from "sixxxxxx", let's hope she brings a bonus track or a hidden track.

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

Jul 16 15 7:49 AM

Summer diary is like blossom if blossom was decent.

I like it more than Step by step. This mini is probably going to be her most forgettable and generic yet though based off these two songs.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Jul 16 15 9:57 AM

Huh, true! "Summer diary" is a much better "blossom"! I feel like it's been a while since we've got a bridge with vocals. It's usually an instrumental bridge. It's not surprising but I really LOVE the song.

From the sounds of it, "Sayonara" seems to be hard hitting and much better than "What is forever love". Here's to hoping it'll surprise us!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 post_url

Jul 16 15 10:53 AM

'Summer diary' reminds of Ayu's earlier summer songs, which is a nice thing, the song is quite good. The PV is okay, I like the shots of her in the sea with the sunset in the background, very pretty.

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

Jul 16 15 5:48 PM

In my opinion "Summer Diary" is pretty good but her voice is so strange I don't know how to say this and I don't like this hair colour, that's the same as on the "A One" cover right?
The music video is also good but I don't like the part where they look with sun glasses in direction to the camera, it looks so cheap produced haha.

The song reminds me of "Blue Bird" and strong on "Glitter" - even the music video in some parts! This jungle / tropic sound is pretty nice.

Quote    Reply   

#53 post_url

Jul 16 15 7:46 PM

Really impressed with summer diary, it's a chill song but in a relaxing way
The PV is great, a lot of really nice shots and she looks perfect throughout

Kinda makes the covers look bad in comparison though, the shots of her in the garden in the white dress sitting on the wooden stairs would have made a nice setting / outfit for a good set of 3 covers

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

Jul 16 15 8:35 PM

I've found that there are way too many cases where a picture from the music video would still be a better cover than the album's actual cover.

Quote    Reply   

#55 post_url

Jul 16 15 10:31 PM

evilsin wrote:
^ The official website says 5 songs. She could've recorded those other 3 songs for the next release.

The description in the Summer diary PV on YouTube now says 6 new songs.

ayuがこの夏新たに放つ2015年第2弾アルバム『sixxxxxx』。
仲間由紀恵主演のNHKドラマ10「美女と男子」主題歌としてオンエア中の「Step by step」、台湾の人気ボーイズ・グループSpeXial(スペシャル)とのコラボ曲­「Sayonara feat. SpeXial」(Produced by DAISHI DANCE)、夏らしい爽やかさと切なさを湛えた「Summer diary」等新曲全6曲を収録。

Quote    Reply   

#57 post_url

Jul 16 15 11:53 PM

DeepFried wrote:
Nice, another track to look forward to. I wonder if they scrapped the RedOne track? It hasn't been mentioned anymore.

Yeah they completely changed the description from when it was announced months ago. DAISHI DANCE is the "big name" now. However, she did mention she recorded three more songs last week. Maybe the RedOne track is included in that and that is also how this sixth track got added?

BTW Summer diary is pure joy. Definitely reminiscent of her older material, even more so than A ONE.

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Jul 17 15 2:13 AM

I'm hoping they scrapped it, because this album has more of an organic/J-Pop upbeat sound. Nothing like the electropop she put out last year.

Quote    Reply   

#59 post_url

Jul 17 15 4:49 AM

Kinda weird how by the looks of it the direction of this mini changed since it's announcement to it's release. Perhaps something made her change her mind.

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#60 post_url

Jul 17 15 5:07 AM

^ Glad I'm not the only one with this!
At first I imagined this mini as a summer-party-fest with some pinky-orangy lightness (both lyrically and musically), but It's now getting back to some usual deepness by Ayu.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help