Remove this ad

#381 post_url

Jun 22 16 4:34 AM

^ Does it mean that for you to like a cover it has to have a meaning or a statement behind it, DeepFried?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#382 post_url

Jun 22 16 9:44 AM

evilsin wrote:
^ Does it mean that for you to like a cover it has to have a meaning or a statement behind it, DeepFried?
Far from it. In Ayumi's case, I like most of her covers as long as I find them aesthetically pleasing. I liked the covers for  A ONE, and I find that it fits but it's not that memorable. I love album covers (or concepts) when they're done right or reflect the whole theme very well. For example, a somewhat recent case is Kuu's JAPONESQUE. 

I'm not that picky when it comes to album/single covers. However, I find that MADE IN JAPAN's CD+DVD cover is one of the best she's done in a while. I love her expression in it. I can't say the same for the other versions but that's the one I'll remember.

Quote    Reply   

#383 post_url

Jun 22 16 10:32 AM

evilsin wrote:
^ I don't see any Japanese aesthetics in the PV at all though, SushiBoat. The song, yes, definitely, but no the PV.

Apart from her gestures at the beginning and the butterflies, also her make up is very Japanese. Pronounces her asian features more than her usual styling.
And well, then she destroys all of it...pretty harsh critique of Japan.

Quote    Reply   

#385 post_url

Jun 28 16 3:51 AM

TABOO wrote:
Hi guys, I have a question about the global TeamAyu:
Can I get the fan club edition of the new album through the Global TA?
You can, but will still be required to use Tenso (or a different shipper from Japan) as they do not ship globally.
If you need any help doing so, feel free to ask as my copy has just arrived at Tenso.

Quote    Reply   

#386 post_url

Jun 28 16 5:26 AM

elaniel wrote:

TABOO wrote:Hi guys, I have a question about the global TeamAyu:

Can I get the fan club edition of the new album through the Global TA?

You can, but will still be required to use Tenso (or a different shipper from Japan) as they do not ship globally.If you need any help doing so, feel free to ask as my copy has just arrived at Tenso.

thank you very much! I already use tenso for Kumi's FC CDs, thnak you anyway, now I am gonna register!

Quote    Reply   

#387 post_url

Jun 28 16 8:57 PM

Huh, she didn't go very far for her songs this time as well but somehow everything improved in MIJ. It's the usual Yukumi, tasuku and Nakano trio. Then there's Timmy and two new guys for "TODAY" and "Summer Love". Even the mixing is much better this time around.

"FLOWER", "Mad World", "You are the only one" and "Summer Love" are my absolute favorites. She delivered for real with MIJ. I'm happy.

Quote    Reply   

#390 post_url

Jul 10 16 10:35 AM

Interesting, she'll continue touring with TA LIMITED LIVE TOUR 2016 this year as well.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#395 post_url

Aug 26 16 12:02 AM

elephant wrote:
DeepFried wrote:
Does anyone know where this is from?

The date matches a show called Rave listed on the poker face wiki page.
I didn't think about checking there, thanks a lot!

Quote    Reply   

#396 post_url

Aug 28 16 4:54 PM

Omg a-nation and the concert are F-ING AMAZINGGGG. Back to form, Ayu!

But what/who is the monkey God's partner supposed to be though? The JP-looking dude. I got the impression he was a bad guy or representing Japanese society or something? Is he Raijin? What's his relationship to the monkey?

I think the concert had a very interesting narrative. It seems to deal with freedom, the world being shit, falling from grace, rising up with love... The spring section to me seems about hatred towards Ayu (GREEN > FLOWER > WARNING). Then rainy season is some sadness, MOON is about death... We follow this up with the monkey God saving a dancer dressed like Ayu from drowning (imo). So love saved her? 

Then we have the summer section. Happy! Followed by Nothingness, my favorite section. Obviously this is about hatred, loneliness, about society binding her not to speak out, she feels like Japan has gone to hell, but supporting each other we will rise (Endless sorrow). ever free, a song about her grandma, follows while we see a shadow play of a lady starting her own family and neglecting her mother. I think this might be about missing her grandma's death for work, and about society in general, being disrespectful and selfish. We are ALONE. Self-referencing A ONE.

It's followed up by the heated Survivor about Tokyo and technology. I do think it's rather odd to place ever free between Endless sorrow and Survivor. Perhaps Survivor is not such a negative song and it's more positive about surviving together in a bad world? until that Day... carries the mood. Then winter section about love. Followed by spring again, opening with evolution, because it's a new year. Then vogue, because her fame will fall, she is no longer as famous as she once was. Closing with You are the only one, a song for her fans. They give her love, they give her wings and freedom.

Such a beautiful concert and narrative. I love it sooo much. It feels like it ties the A ONE-MADE IN JAPAN era together nicely.

Last Edited By: TwinMatrix Aug 28 16 5:04 PM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   

#400 post_url

Sep 12 16 4:23 AM

All those mobile game companies shelling out on dat promo. Reminds me how Mariah advertized some game.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help