Remove this ad

#541 post_url

Jun 24 13 4:25 AM

It's a parade type of PV, kind of like SKE48's "BANZAI VENUS".

Remove this ad

#542 post_url

Jun 29 13 10:42 AM

After a few listens, the first part of the chorus still don't make an impact on me. The intro, verses, bridge and outro are pretty good. Since it's a mid-tempo song, I expect the instrumental balance to be better to keep it from being too bland. Gingham Check is pretty bland at live too, but the CD is much better, so hoping KFC will be the same.

The dance is good, though I think it will be greater if it's faster, too bad this song doesn't allow that.

Overall I think this will be a good song, just that it has no Sasshi characteristic of any sort in it.

Last Edited By: Shinnosuke Jun 29 13 10:59 AM. Edited 3 times.

#543 post_url

Jun 30 13 3:35 AM

I like this song! It's one of their better Sousenkyo election singles since Heavy Rotation. It's very upbeat and happy mood after all the graduations and announcements..

Maybe thats why last year's Sousenkyo Single was so awkwardly received. But I think Management knew it'll still sell millions so they really took a chance to test the waters with some chemistry in direction.

I'm curious how they'll do the PV since it's still a big deal.

#544 post_url

Jul 7 13 4:48 PM

I finally listened to Koi suru Fortune Cookie and I was surprised, I like it very much, I get an old feel vibe from the song, the 90s perhaps? A very nice surprise!

#546 post_url

Jul 10 13 4:35 AM

More and more changes to the song. It got better in every aspects, except that I think this time there's a bit too much background vocals.
It's getting very addictive, in the sense you really want to get up and do the dance and sing. I think this will be a beast in download charts.

Oh and it's nice to see KitaRie in this performance... I don't like that hairstyle though, it has the characteristics of a ghostly witch =X

Last Edited By: Shinnosuke Jul 10 13 4:38 AM. Edited 1 time.

#550 post_url

Jul 21 13 9:36 AM

Like Type K and Type B. Type A seriously doesn't stand out (well it's already selling lesser than Type K based on preorder sales).

The song is waiting to be classified as Top Songs under my list... just waiting hear the full version in order to finalise my decision ^^

Remove this ad

#553 post_url

Jul 22 13 2:36 AM

Yuihan should lead well with enough experience, considering she has a 'bossy' side that is seldom shown to the public =P

#554 post_url

Jul 22 13 5:13 AM

Shinnosuke wrote:
Like Type K and Type B. Type A seriously doesn't stand out (well it's already selling lesser than Type K based on preorder sales).

The song is waiting to be classified as Top Songs under my list... just waiting hear the full version in order to finalise my decision ^^

The Staff video youtube link thats posted  should have pretty much the gist of the single. 

#555 post_url

Jul 22 13 5:22 AM

Preview of Koi Suru Fortune Cookie single.

It looks like they are aiming for another spot on Just Dance 2013 tracklist like Heavy Rotation did.

#556 post_url

Jul 23 13 6:48 AM

Miichan48 wrote:
Shinnosuke wrote:

The Staff video youtube link thats posted  should have pretty much the gist of the single. 

I feel that the bridge and outro is cut quite significantly. So I'm expecting more from these areas, and hopefully the overall arrangement will surprise me just a little more, then I'll classify this as a top song. Else I'll shift it 1 tier down to great song. =P

#557 post_url

Jul 24 13 1:23 AM

^
I agree, it's almost unnatural for AKB48 Youtube to release a full-length song this early. Not even Sayonara Crawl's full music video/song is made for streaming. So the actual single may be a surprise.

It's one of their better singles in a while. It's hard cause i'm biased and I like alot of AKB48 stuff. In terms of singles it does stand out as something so generalized pop that any listener could enjoy...or at least enjoy dancing to with friends.

#558 post_url

Jul 24 13 1:30 AM

Koi Suru Fortune Cookie Music Video

Well...I think that grandma has more camera time than many of the girls haha.

#559 post_url

Jul 24 13 5:03 AM

As expected, I don't find the PV interesting since it's a "everyone can dance along" theme.

Anyways, another interesting thing is Sasshi is the main vocal for most parts of the song. This would be the first time for sousenkyo single whereby the center gets to be main vocal. Other times it's all girls' voices synthesized.

#560 post_url

Jul 24 13 5:09 AM

Yeah, wouldn't surprise if the Kami-7 is the only vocals here...and the rest of the girls are just chorus and back-up dancers.

It's been a while for a more "raw" AKB48 single...I think the closest we got was Sakura No Ki Ni Narou....most singles are just digested pop harmonies...(example: Gingham Check)

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help