Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Nov 13 12 3:38 AM

^ I doubt it tbh. When SDN48 was there, the Kpop fans and the K-netizens tore them apart. I don't think that even a 48 group with all Korean members will succeed.

Remove this ad

#24 post_url

Nov 13 12 11:39 AM

deimos9 wrote:
^Walked out of a spot on a 10,000 yen challenge show.

Did not seem like she just walked out... but it looked like she did you know...  not make it clear she wasnt coming back smiley: roll I actually love the show, wish she stuck it out, but she does seem like the type who isnt really ready for it. 

Anyway yeah that new song is pretty... 5/10 haha very safe sound, I guess it wont be performed that much is my guess. So weird seeing Tomochin, Yuko and Kashiwagi in the back of a performance though.

Also shoutouts to Masuda Yuka being in what I assume is New York for "training" 

#26 post_url

Nov 14 12 12:16 PM

Sakura Miyawaki in HKT48 is way to freaking cute. I usually dont notice the younger members at all but that kid is straight up ADORABLE. I totally wish I have a daughter some day that looks like that. Just want to hug the crap out of her and brag how shes cuter than anyone elses kid haha (yes I will be that kind of dad in the future)

#27 post_url

Nov 14 12 3:45 PM

Well I hoped a song called "Eien Pressure" would be cooler sounding but considering all the singles around this time that came before it, I shouldn't have done that
But I actually like it~
It's more catchy than Gingham Check IMO~

#28 post_url

Nov 15 12 5:46 AM

Eien Pressure sounds like a filler song that Akimoto keeps on the side.

ON THE FREAKING OTHER HAND

NMB48's SKE48's and HKT48's B-sides are pretty cool. Props for Aki to unifying the groups to AKB48, making AKB48 the mothership of the sister groups.
Only time will tell if this will be JKT48's debut too in one of the editions.

I doubt Eien Pressure will still have Mr. Khan doing music video again but who knows...he seemed to get the hang of the groups general idea.

#30 post_url

Nov 17 12 12:26 AM

^
They didn't break up, the group graduated.

To my belief, it's probably because the direction for SDN48 is very mishandled; the fans appreciated their stage music much over the singles. The singles moreover just garnered mild interest. It's an interesting concept he tried and it's obvious Aki tries to do new things but I guess if it doesn't suit well he won't continue.

Why won't he continue SDN48 but just change them up? I guess it MIGHT be something he may revisit but the likely hood of that happening is unknown.
He could just create a SDN48 again by graduating a handful of viable members but it just might not work out..

So in summary, SDN48's music can still be performed by AKB48 however the need for an actual group takes less of a priority then successfully establishing Hakata48 HKT48.

Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#31 post_url

Nov 17 12 12:38 AM

Miichan48 wrote:
^
They didn't break up, the group graduated.

excuse my ignorance (my understanding of WORLD48 is very limited) but what is the difference between a group breaking up and a group graduating?

#32 post_url

Nov 17 12 2:19 AM

I know the difference in Breaking Up and Graduating isn't really clear. So here is my bit.
AKB48 continuously go through "shuffles" routinely which can be called "breaking up" and "reforming". We think of graduations as individuals like Maeda Atsuko so it's hard to imagine that in a large scale SDN48. Breaking up hints there was a internal conflict like Tohoshinki DBSK in comparison to graduating as suppose to "graduating" marks a point of their growth in the entertainment.

So yes breaking up and graduating in this instance means they aren't together but symbolically different I suppose.

AKB48 is really unique to what we are used to. It's not like Morning Musume nor SPEED. They don't graduate in generations nor by age. Maybe a typical factor is that they feel they experienced enough through the years to say they can begin their next journey. Cause hey even new trainees graduate too.

Whats SDN48 girls doing now?
For the most part, graduate members cannot participate in activities relate to AKB48. Though some still kinda do like Serina is in Watarirouka 7 (Mayu's group) and minor appearances in other things. Currently most members are just getting on with their merry lives. Some of which choose to continue pursing their career in entertainment like Chen Q doing broadway...and couple SDN48 members making music outside the AKB48 arena.

#33 post_url

Nov 17 12 8:09 AM

Miichan48 wrote:
NMB48's SKE48's and HKT48's B-sides are pretty cool. Props for Aki to unifying the groups to AKB48, making AKB48 the mothership of the sister groups.
Only time will tell if this will be JKT48's debut too in one of the editions.
Where are those songs? I've only listened to NMB's and it's great, but nothing from SKE or HKT. :|
And the thing about unifying all the groups makes me cringe. The less-popular girls in AKB must feel horrible seeing how some newbies from other groups are taking their spots. I wish Aki-P let the rest of the singles of the year as AKB only and just make this janken the "family 48" or something.

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#35 post_url

Nov 17 12 11:30 AM

Miichan48 wrote:
I know the difference in Breaking Up and Graduating isn't really clear. So here is my bit.
AKB48 continuously go through "shuffles" routinely which can be called "breaking up" and "reforming". We think of graduations as individuals like Maeda Atsuko so it's hard to imagine that in a large scale SDN48. Breaking up hints there was a internal conflict like Tohoshinki DBSK in comparison to graduating as suppose to "graduating" marks a point of their growth in the entertainment.

So yes breaking up and graduating in this instance means they aren't together but symbolically different I suppose.

AKB48 is really unique to what we are used to. It's not like Morning Musume nor SPEED. They don't graduate in generations nor by age. Maybe a typical factor is that they feel they experienced enough through the years to say they can begin their next journey. Cause hey even new trainees graduate too.

For the most part, graduate members cannot participate in activities relate to AKB48. Though some still kinda do like Serina is in Watarirouka 7 (Mayu's group) and minor appearances in other things. Currently most members are just getting on with their merry lives. Some of which choose to continue pursing their career in entertainment like Chen Q doing broadway...and couple SDN48 members making music outside the AKB48 arena.

but isn't the difference that graduation is the choice of the individual? i doubt all SDN members decided at that one moment that it was time to graduated. it would have been Akimoto's decision to end the group, right? to me it seems more like firing all the members.

#36 post_url

Nov 17 12 6:04 PM

^
Yea you have a point there. Especially with the new generation they had started...like that year! haha. It seems so unreal that came to their decision. So yes, it's Akimotos call that the group 'graduated'.

Again I feel it's a direction issue that he could have felt unnecessary to continue a novelty of AKB48 rather than a investment in actual stages planted in districts of japan. In addition to the lack of monumental growth. Also I think the feelings for the idols to be transferred to SDN48 in time just is a weird progression, unless your ohori cause she does it like a boss.

I hope they do rehash SDN48 in some form, not the Dump Show (though Shizuka Oya's strip pole skills is remarkable smiley: pimp).

#37 post_url

Nov 17 12 9:43 PM

Miichan48 wrote:

Serina's gone into acting. Cindy (Kazumi Urano) is the member in W7 currently.

Seara Kojo and Akita Kazue have formed a unit with The Seikushi Sempei Project .

SDN's really in the graduated limbo. At the most we can expect a Reunion concert March 2013 (or so Ak-P promised). We have some representation for Kodoku na Runer in the Waiting stages. Honestly by then I doubt every member comes back. Serina was already absent for this years  Minogashita Kimitachi e , and she was a top center.

Why they were ended I think comes down to what they brought in profit wise as far as Universal Music. I find it a lil iffy that Universal has signed HKT for their debut but dropped SDN when it comes to the franchise...

Core members (Meetan, Nonti, Yukarin) probably have a chance of appearing in AKB projects

Kasai's C/w songs confirmed to be Candy (Solo ver.) and Dakishimeraretara (Solo ver.). So let's hope for a Oshi Meshi w/ Meetan feat.

Last Edited By: deimos9 Nov 17 12 10:16 PM. Edited 4 times.

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#38 post_url

Nov 17 12 11:34 PM

okay thanks Miichan, it's really too bad because they were my favourite 48 group, they were really unique.

(also, how did you get text after the video? whenever i post a video my text only shows up if it's before the video, and not after.)

#39 post_url

Nov 18 12 1:42 AM

hmm, idk Trekkie.

I just toyed with preview to check whatever I did works. I think I use insert video button in add reply rather than using the normal forum codes.

#40 post_url

Nov 18 12 4:35 PM

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help