Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Dec 7 12 4:41 AM

Re: What male solo singers should I check out?

Ryohei is pretty cool but he's like....doing nothing much now.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

dorama wrote:
LEO IMAI definitely. He doesn't sound squeaky or nasal like most of j-pop male singers. I think he's half Japanese and half white but he looks more Japanese than Ken Hirai. Indie singer-songwriter who plays instruments (mostly keyboards) like you wanted.

THIS.

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

KREVA (since nobody has mentioned him yet). 

Oh & if you don't mind deceased singers I'd suggest checking out Kyu Sakamoto, Yutaka Ozaki, & hide. 

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

Jan 11 13 5:23 AM

Looking for Jpop that is Synthpopish with Guitar Solos

I wouldn't mind discovering some new artists with the synthpop/drum machine + bursty guitar solo combo.It seems this style is almost exclusively played in Japan. You never hear anyone do shred guitar in pop songs in the U.S like in the Romantic Mode song.

I'm looking for stuff like Belly to Belly - Faker or Romantic Mode - Dreams. (See Below) I've heard Megumi Hayashibara and PSY'S (the 80's group)., andEvery Little Thing has afew good songs in the dancable synthpop with guitar genre. Any recommendations?

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

Aug 17 13 3:52 AM

I am not familiar with anime or gaming so I am not in the seiyu know, but I lucked into Mizuki Nana & I love her vocals to pieces.

So, based on that, is there someone in the seiyu know that can recommend someone of the like? My guess is she's class of the genre, but I assume there are other good ones as well.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#48 post_url

Jan 6 14 10:23 PM

Been Away From the Scene for While, What's Good?

Used to listen to a ton of jrock and jpop in years past, but the interest faded and I want to get back in.  I was big on UVERworld back in the day, but everything post Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi (2008) has been varying degrees of turd.  I love everything YUI's done, and Exile's great.  What's good these days?

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Apr 17 14 5:01 AM

laidback female with steady beat

Hello I'm new to j-pop. I'm looking for some laidback female vocalist stuff with a steady beat (maybe R&B). my favorites so far are Utada Hikaru and BoA. Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#52 post_url

Jan 12 15 4:25 PM

hey guys, I've recently been listening to Kara, SHINee, and Big Bang, and I'm not sure about other groups that I should check out. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help