Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Dec 7 12 4:41 AM

Re: sup, recently discovered J-Pop music and looking for some cookie cutter albums for a new fan to the genre

If you're looking for something in the same vein as ULTRA BLUE, but moodier and less disjointed, check out Nichika's self-titled album.

Two other albums I'll always recommend are the brilliant green's Los Angeles and THE WINTER ALBUM.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Re: sup, recently discovered J-Pop music and looking for some cookie cutter albums for a new fan to the genre

No Jpop 101 complete without some Johnny's.
Johnny's ultimate album TOK10 by TOKIO. You might be interested to check out the originals after listening to their rock-ish covers. I would also recommend a taste of Arashi in 5x10.

Quote    Reply   

#23 post_url

^ Your statement made me realised that I never had any johnnys in my playlist... none at all.

Quote    Reply   

#24 post_url

^ aaaaaawww. I'm never ashamed of my johnnys discography. It is essentially jpop and not shying away from it.

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#25 post_url

Re: Need more J-Pop/J-Rock! Recommendation?

This topic is inappropriate for the OAF subforum. Generic threads belong in the main subforum for Jpop. The Official Artists Threads subforum is restricted to only specific artist threads.

Your post has been moved to the appropriate subforum.

Last Edited By: NATE Nov 30 12 1:52 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Need more J-Pop/J-Rock! Recommendation?

I've been craving for some new music for the longest time! I'm in need of suggestions! I went on a musical adventure, and just couldn't find anything I liked! I'm looking for (J-Pop/J-Rock/J-Indi) preferably a mix of upbeat, rocken, catchy, and emotional. 

My taste 

Everything from

Ho-Kago Tea Time (K-ON!) (J-Pop rock) Sample Playlist
Girls Dead Monster (Angel Beats)  (J-Pop rock) Sample Playlist
Aki Toyosaki (J-Pop) Sample Playlist
Noanowa (Indi Alternative/J-pop) Sample Playlist

----
EP's on my Ipod Classic that I like

Yuu Takahashi - Genjitsu to Iu Na no Kaibutsu to Tatakau Monotach   (Bakuman - Ending 2) (J-pop) Genjitsu

supercell - ODDS & ENDS / Sky of Beginning (J-pop rock) ODSS & ENDS

Tomatsu Haruka - Girls, Be Ambitious. (Sora no Woto ED) (J-pop) Girls, Be Ambitious

---
Honorable notices
- 山崎あおい / Just Friend (J-Pop/Alternative) Sample
- Orange range (J-pop rock) Sample song
- Sphere (J-pop) Sample song
- Arashiro Beni - Goal (J-Pop) Sample 
- Tommy Heavenly6 - Paper Moon (J-Pop Rock) (Soul Eater OP 2) Sample
- Abingdon Boys School - Strength (J-Rock) (Soul Eater ED 4) Sample
-  Kana Nishino - Style (J-Pop) (Soul Eater ED 2) Sample

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

sup, recently discovered J-Pop music and looking for some cookie cutter albums for a new fan to the genre

Discovered Utada Hikaru and im listening to her Ultra Blue album and I love the music, voice is amazing.  I don't understand the lyrics sadly as I only understand English but music speaks across language barriers anyway so I feel as if I know what the songs mean.

Has anyone got any album or artist recommendations?  smiley: grin

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

What male solo singers should I check out?

I'm writing a novel where one of the main character's brother is supposed to be a j-pop soloist. I wanted to listen to some male soloists to get a feel for what his music would be like, but while I love a lot of female soloists, I don't listen to any male ones. The only ones I can think on the top of my head are Ken Hirai and Shota Shimizu. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other guys? I know the market probably doesn't have very many, but I'll take anything. Even duos like Chage & Aska or really indie artists would be great!

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Re: What male solo singers should I check out?

what music genre would you want this j-pop soloist more known for?

Fukushima Masaharu
Kuwata Keisuke
Toshinobu Kubota
Gackt
Jero
Kousuke Atari
Jay'ed
Shikao Suga
Hiromi Go

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

moviebuffwwc wrote:
what music genre would you want this j-pop soloist more known for?

Fukushima Masaharu
Kuwata Keisuke
Toshinobu Kubota
Gackt
Jero
Kousuke Atari
Jay'ed
Shikao Suga
Hiromi Go
I'd picture him to be an indie singer-songwriter with a guitar. Maybe some Enka too. I don't really know.

Thanks for the list!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 post_url

the only male singer I know that fit that indie song-writer with a guitar thing is Yu Takahashi

Quote    Reply   

Callandra

JPC Admin

#33 post_url

moviebuffwwc wrote:

Fukushima Masaharu

Fukuyama Masaharu? Not indie, but a great singer song-writer. 

Don't forget Koshi Inaba!

Quote    Reply   

#34 post_url

oops Callandra!

check out Moriyama Naotaro. won't say he's indies, but he is a well-known folk singer whose biggest hit was Sakura

Quote    Reply   

#38 post_url

If you want him to be charismatic, and overall an interestanting character, check out HYDE (Not a Solo anymore, but he had his time at it)

Quote    Reply   

#39 post_url

I would recommend HYDE too, especially his debut album ROENTGEN, which he spent a painstaking 2 years on completing.

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

LEO IMAI definitely. He doesn't sound squeaky or nasal like most of j-pop male singers. I think he's half Japanese and half white but he looks more Japanese than Ken Hirai. Indie singer-songwriter who plays instruments (mostly keyboards) like you wanted.

Last Edited By: dorama Nov 16 12 2:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help