Remove this ad

#21 post_url

May 2 11 4:50 PM

The teaser didn't make a major impression on me so I wasn't thinking about it. I like the song but since it's digital single I guess we won't know where they got that other beat.

Remove this ad

#22 post_url

May 2 11 5:05 PM

I'm definitely feeling the song!!! It actually gives me a little bit of a Mariah vibe. Hyorin sounds flawless as always and the choreography during the chorus is fun. Bora's rapping has always annoyed me a little, but she's beautiful so I'm over it.

#23 post_url

May 2 11 11:34 PM

oh god, why does kpop teasers have always to be so hot and when the full thing comes out it's totally the opposite?

oh well, I still like the song haha. the girls look hot.

#24 post_url

May 3 11 12:27 AM

I starting to like the song. It's not what I was excepting so that's good because it's not predictable but... idk. lol

#25 post_url

May 3 11 10:56 AM

I was expecting a stronger track since they went through the trouble to make a new unit. So I thought maybe they have something different to offer us? But a song like this would not be any different even if Sistar sing it.

But I kind of like it though.

#26 post_url

May 3 11 12:52 PM

rio wrote:
I was expecting a stronger track since they went through the trouble to make a new unit. So I thought maybe they have something different to offer us? But a song like this would not be any different even if Sistar sing it.

But I kind of like it though.

Well on the bright side, atleast the production of the song isn't another cheap ass Brave Brothers electronic track.

#27 post_url

May 4 11 11:33 AM

Did Starship Ent get new management? Who is approving of these mediocre songs for release? They picked out great songs for K.Will's recent mini album, so why can't they do the same for Sistar?

Sistar started out so promising, but at the rate they're going, their debut album will probably be as bad as After School's debut album.

#28 post_url

May 5 11 6:06 AM

Sistar is like miss A to me in that they can dance and sing live great, and is fierce, but where they differ is that their songs are bad overall. Hopefully this "Ma Boy" song, albeit boring, is the direction the group is going in. Their management should have waken up by now and went with different producers after 4 shit singles produced by Brave Brothers.

Last Edited By: Plisskin May 5 11 6:09 AM. Edited 1 time.

#29 post_url

May 5 11 6:53 PM

It definately took a second for Ma Boy to grow on me. It's not a strong track but it's nice and they're style.The dance to it is cute too.

#30 post_url

May 6 11 3:25 PM

Remove this ad

#31 post_url

May 6 11 6:45 PM

Dayum Hyorin, your vocals be on point. Shit, if Korea wasn't all about groups right now I'd advise that bitch to ditch Sistar and go solo.

#32 post_url

May 6 11 8:21 PM

idk about everyone else, but I'm glad they did this song as opposed to something else... jeez this is by far one of the most refreshing songs i have listened too in kpoop for a while

#36 post_url

May 8 11 11:15 PM

Ugh Hyorin is just too good to handle... JYP is such a stupid bitch for not taking her when she first auditioned for his agency. Now she's the hottest shit in the market. SUCK IT BEEEEEOTCH

#37 post_url

May 10 11 1:28 AM

"Ma Boy" is SO GOOD. It's better than a lot of the other songs out there on the Kpop scene right now... it's so refreshing to have an R&B-ish style like this that focuses on vocals and rapping so heavily. Girl just gets time to sang her heart out and it's well worth it. Sister19 is a YES for me.

#39 post_url

May 11 11 2:29 AM

I almost wish "Ma boy" had just been a Hyorin solo track. Bora is hardly on the track besides her ten second rap (which I'm sure Hyorin could've handled herself), and I'm sure Starship sidelining Dasom and, especially, Soyu might cause some strife within the group. Hyorin has basically been pushed as the star of the group since day one, so I think a solo digital single would have sat better with the other girls.

I may be wrong, but Soyu always comes across as craving the spotlight (and if she had been in almost any other girl group, she probably would've been the lead singer), so I can see this subunit eating her up inside, haha. but, maybe I'm wrong, and Soyu and Dasom will have their own subunit where Soyu can sing 98% of the lines.

#40 post_url

May 11 11 6:46 AM

Yes ok I do agree that Hyorin coulda done this song herself, but I love looking at Bora before looking a Hyorin-- even though both of them are cuties. Regardless, I still don't know or really care to start knowing for the other members (yet), and that's mainly because Bora kept falling all on her face. Also since this is supposed to be a subgroup; they will probably just do more songs together as opposed to a full blown solo

Last Edited By: sin9hyaku90 May 14 11 9:35 AM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help