Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 14 12 11:19 PM

Tags : : , , , ,

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the only English-speaking fans of Show outside of Asia. Imma give this topic a go and see if anyone else here is swayed by his charms~

A quick bio from wiki:

Show commonly known by his Chinese nickname Xiao Zhu (Little Pig), is a Taiwanese singer, dancer, and actor. He is dubbed "Asia's Dance King" by the Taiwanese media for his dance skills. He is well known for hosting the Taiwanese Variety Show 100% Entertainment.

Discography:

Mandarin
Japanese

Single
Japanese Studio Album

New release (A compilation of his 2007-2012 dance and ballad tracks to commemorate his 2013 world tour):

Over The Limit New + Best Selections (2CD) (Buy it!)

Tracklist:

舞極限盤
01. 舞極限 (2012全新單曲)
02. 鬧翻天 (2012全新單曲)
03. 一支獨秀
04. 撐腰
05. 一萬零一夜
06. 獨一無二 Only You
07. 全城熱愛
08. 幸福囉
09. 愛的主場秀
10. 愛瘋頭
11. 有我在
12. 箇中強手(Hot Shot)
13. 當我們宅一塊
14. 潮男正傳
15. 我秀故我在
16. WOW!
17. 愛走秀
18. 舞法舞天

愛 無極限盤
01. 空中飛人 (2012全新單曲)
02. 我不會唱歌
03. 美麗的誤會
04. 搞笑
05. 怕安靜
06. 幸福不滅
07. 今天妳最漂亮
08. Touch My Heart
09. 不具名的悲傷
10. 為你寫首歌
11. 習慣就好
12. 敗給你
13. 愛不單行
14. 拼什麼
15. 愛不用說
16. 王見王
17. 為什麼要在一起
18. 陪你到最後

Over The Limit music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOUImj1TlHY&feature=relmfu

Youtube

Facebook

Last Edited By: namiuhsturd Nov 14 12 11:40 PM. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Nov 15 12 3:14 PM

I'm not a fan but I like some of his songs (included the latest one Over The Limit). And I thought that 9ood show was quite good, I liked more songs than usual on it lol

His best was supposed to be released tomorrow but it has been postponed to next week! Because of S.H.E's comeback I guess?
I can't wait to listen to "鬧翻天", the Chinese version of BOUNCE, the preview was better already than the Japanese version lol

Quote    Reply   

#2 post_url

Nov 15 12 3:34 PM

I really only enjoy his upbeat or midtempo songs as his voice sounds weird in most of the slower stuff. Only You was a pretty good album though.

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Nov 15 12 4:17 PM

I enjoyed his Japanese album and some of his more recent music, especially the songs from his last two albums, Only You and 有我在. Regarding the new album, I do hate when they put all the slow songs and fast songs on separate discs, I much prefer a balance on the CD's when it comes to compilations.

Last Edited By: Seven Nov 15 12 4:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Nov 15 12 5:14 PM

He can dance, but his singing ability is average. I also dislike how he's always complaining about not being nominated for a Golden Melody award.

He's an excellent talk show host though. Very funny!

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Nov 15 12 7:50 PM

I liked the Japanese album. It's a pretty solid pop/dance record, maybe one of this year's best.
But I'm absolutely new to his Mandarin catalogue. Maybe this compilation will help me to dig into his discography.

Over The Limit is good, but the MV is too tacky for my taste.

Quote    Reply   

#6 post_url

Nov 16 12 8:09 AM

onenightmagic wrote:
He can dance, but his singing ability is average. I also dislike how he's always complaining about not being nominated for a Golden Melody award.

He's an excellent talk show host though. Very funny!
He does/did? It seemed to me that it was his fans who were always complaining about this lol

Quote    Reply   

RicH

#7 post_url

Nov 17 12 5:50 AM

My mom likes a song by him. I don't know the title, but it has Pepsi coke in it, and he sings "I'm gonna catch your heart, I'm gonna make you oh yeah" and OH YEAH OH YEAH

Quote    Reply   

#8 post_url

Nov 17 12 8:56 AM

RicH wrote:
My mom likes a song by him. I don't know the title, but it has Pepsi coke in it, and he sings "I'm gonna catch your heart, I'm gonna make you oh yeah" and OH YEAH OH YEAH
It's from Only For You's repackage, it's called "一萬零一夜", I think the English title was something like "10,001 Night"!

Quote    Reply   

#11 post_url

Dec 13 12 11:03 AM

^ I love the MV for "Bounce"! It's so colorful and fun.. The main thing I love about him is how much fun he has.

Anyway *cough* I didn't mean to abandon the thread, but it looks like I'll need to link to more of his older stuff since more people seem to be familiar with only his last two albums. Check these out:

Ji Qi Wa Wa - Robot Doll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aOmvwtVQYaE

Jing Wu Men - Dance Gate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gGgYFYi9jR0

To me, this is his most representative dance song.

Lian Ai De Ren - Love Expert

Love's Main Role

They blocked the MV to this on youtube which pisses me off since the song is really good and so was the MV.

Hu Jing - She Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CEqwekYrVN4#at=64

Happiness Hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kTZRai6laDY

This always makes me smile. (:

Bonus: Video of Rainie and Show this year in Australia

(lol)

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Dec 14 12 6:12 AM

^ You're right about the Love's Main Role MV, it is good. Also, 戀愛達人 is great, thanks for pointing it out. I found another song by him recently that I thought was superb, called 自我催眠

Afterwards I found out Jay Chou composed it and it's such a nice song, I think Show does a good job with it.

Quote    Reply   

#13 post_url

Feb 10 13 5:45 AM

I never listened to Show seriously but I got interested in his music because of his association with Barbie Hsu.
Still, I like to occasionally listen to his songs like lian ai de ren, cheng yao, and hot shot

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Jul 2 14 7:33 AM

Show joined EMI Music, his Tour will soon be released on DVD.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help