Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 14 11 1:00 PM

Tags : :

After School (애프터스쿨) is a Korean girl group signed under Pledis Entertainment

After School released their debut single "New Schoolgirl" and its lead single "AH" on January 15 2009. The band consisted Kahi, Jung Ah, Ju Yeon, Bekah and So Young. On April 6 2009, the band revealed its 6th member, Uee. On April 9 2009, the band released an online single "DIVA." On October 29 2009, So Young announced her departure. On November 17 2009, the band revealed its 6th member, Raina and 7th member, Nana and on November 25 2009, the band released their second single  " 때문에 (Because Of You)." On March 16 2010, the band revealed its 8th member, Lizzy and on March 25 2010, the band released their third single "Bang!" On May 31 2010, the band revealed it would split into subgroups and on June 6 2010, Orange Caramel was announced and consists Raina, Nana and Lizzy. On June 17 2010, they released their debut mini album and its lead single "마법소녀 (Magic Girl)" and on November 18 2010, they released their second mini album and its lead single "아잉♡ (Aing )." On December 7 2010, the band formed back together under the stage name Happy Pledis to release a charity single "Hazel Eyes" and its lead single "Love Love Love." On December 31 2010, the band revealed its 9th member, E-Young. On February 14 2011, Kahi released her first solo debut mini album and its lead single "돌아와 나쁜 너  (Come Back You Bad Person)." On March 31 2011, Orange Caramel released their third single "Bangkok City." On April 29 2011, the band released their debut album "Virgin" and its lead single "Shampoo." 

On June 16 2011, Bekah announced her graduation from the band. On June 21 2011, Uee released her first solo debut online single "쏙쏙쏙  (Sok Sok Sok)."  On July 11 2011, Bekah released her online graduation single "Take me to the place." On the same day, it had been revealed that the band would split into two new subgroups: A.S. RED consisting Kahi, Jung Ah, Uee and Nana and A.S. BLUE consisting Ju Yeon, Raina, Lizzy and E-Young. On July 20 2011, A.S. RED released their debut single " 하늘에 (In The Night Sky)" and A.S. BLUE released their debut single "원더보이 (Wonder Boy)." both were released as the fourth single for the band. On August 17 2011, the band released their debut Japanese single "Bang!" On October 13 2011, Orange Caramel released its fourth single "샹하이 로맨스  (Shanghai Romance)." On November 23 2011, the band released their second Japanese single "Diva" and on November 30 2011, the band reformed together under the stage name Happy Pledis to release its second charity single "LOVE LETTER." On January 25 2012, the band released their third Japanese single "Rambling girls / Because of you." On March 14 2012, the band released their debut Japanese album "PLAYGIRLZ." On April 10 2012, the band revealed its 9th member, Kaeun. From April 27 2012 to April 30 2012, the band held its own Japanese live tour called "AFTERSCHOOL First Japan Tour 2012 -PLAYGIRLZ-." On June 5 2012, Kahi announced her graduation from the band. On June 13 2012, the band released its fourth Japanese single "Lady Luck / Dilly Dally" and on June 17 2012, they held a Japanese encore live show with Kahi completing her graduation and Jung Ah becoming their new group leader. 

On June 21 2012, the band released their fifth Korean single "Flashback." On September 5 2012, Orange Caramel released their debut Japanese single "やさしい悪魔 (My Sweet Devil)" and on September 13 2012 released their debut Korean album and its lead single "립스틱 (Lipstick)." On December 12 2012, Orange Caramel released its second Japanese single "LIPSTICK / ラムのラブソング (Love Song Of The Lamb)" and on December 13 2012, Orange Caramel and NUEST went under the stage name Happy Pledis to release a digital single called "흰눈 사이로 하이힐 타고 (Dashing Through The Snow In High Heels)." On March 13 2013, Orange Caramel released their debut Japanese album "ORANGE CARAMEL" and on March 27 2013 the band released both "AFTERSCHOOL First Japan Tour 2012 -PLAYGIRLZ-" and "THE BEST OF AFTERSCHOOL 2009-2012." On June 13 2013, the band released their sixth Korean single "첫사랑 (First Love)."

CURRENTLY ENROLLED

image image image image

Jung Ah | Ju Yeon | Uee | Raina

image image image image

Nana | Lizzy | E-Young | Kaeun

STUDENTS CRITERIA

Jung Ah - Leader / Main Vocals / Lead Dancer

Ju Yeon - Vocals

Uee - Vocals / Rapper / Main Dancer

Raina - Main Vocals

Nana - Lead Vocals / Rapper

Lizzy - Lead Vocals / Main Rapper

E-Young - Vocals

Kaeun - Vocals / Lead Rapper

ALUMNAE

image image image

Kahi | Bekah | So Young

FANCLUB: PlayGirlz / PlayBoyz
FANCLUB COLOR: Yellow

DISCOGRAPHY

Last Edited By: mitsuhoney Jun 6 13 3:22 PM. Edited 91 times

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Oricon

#3 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:15 PM

Me too, I suggested to move to another board host but no admin would listen. I also suggested to move the Rest of Asia forum out into the main page but no-one would listen either :(

#4 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:15 PM

To be honest. This website is so complex for me, I dont know how to do anything. XD

See told you there was a new forum, lol. There's honestly no photos of Yi Young?

#5 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:18 PM

Charisma wrote: See told you there was a new forum, lol. There's honestly no photos of Yi Young?
I want an official pic to use of her, so I am guessing I have to wait for the comeback. XD

Oricon

#6 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:18 PM

^ I know. Try persuading SonGoku to move to another board host. I tried but failed as he didn't reply back to me.

#7 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:19 PM

Sorry about that, I accidentally delete that post when I mean to edit it.

How can I contact him via message?

I hate this site.

#8 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:21 PM

Oricon wrote:
^ I know. Try persuading SonGoku to move to another board host. I tried but failed as he didn't reply back to me.

You can of course make the suggestions which your already doing but don't expect each of your request to get done

#9 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:25 PM

This site will not work for anyone, it took me 10-15 mins. just to figure out how to register, on top of that I cannot find a way to come back to the forums when I am in my accounts. :(

Oricon

#10 post_url

Apr 14 11 1:31 PM

Yes I know, i'll post a suggestion on the Karoake Bar...

Remove this ad

#14 post_url

Apr 16 11 6:32 PM

Agreed but the colors are just too much for me, and wasnt Raina supposed to sing those long notes it didnt seem like she was toward the ending...

Oricon

#15 post_url

Apr 17 11 9:42 AM

But it's like that, the first week of comeback performances are always good vocally and dancing but they get tired after and it starts to lose the energy in the performances. Most if not all Idol groups in K-Pop follow this trend.

#16 post_url

Apr 17 11 10:52 AM

I see. Well I cant wait for the comeback, its only about two weeks away! I guess I could change the original post to indicate it.

Does anyone remember the Bangkok concert MBC held awhile back? Well now they have aired their show.

After School performed "Let's Do It" and "Bang!"

Oricon

#17 post_url

Apr 17 11 10:55 AM

I'm not overly fond of After Schools sound of their music.... hopefully this time the new song will impress me as much as Orange Caramel did :)

#18 post_url

Apr 17 11 12:00 PM

Seriously?

"Bang!" was my number one song for 2010. That was played on my ipod too much! (360 total plays)

Oricon

#19 post_url

Apr 17 11 12:52 PM

Need catchy songs for my liking and none of them were catchy to me that's why

#20 post_url

Apr 17 11 1:15 PM

I wish we can go back to those debut days where they had songs as great as "AH!" that song is still so great to me, even now.

Raina, Nana, and Lizzy could leave and just dedicate to Orange Caramel, and After School could group up along Kahi, Jung Ah, Ju Yeon, Bekah and U-ie and Yi Young, the most recent member, can become a guitarist of some sort for some indie rock group. Well one could dream.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help