Remove this ad

#41 post_url

Oct 5 12 6:34 PM

another truth wrote:
DEAR LORD F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!!!!!

out 2012.12.19 CD+DVD "BENI CONCERT TOUR 'Fortune'"
Great news! I wish they'd release it on Blu-ray though.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 post_url

Oct 5 12 11:37 PM

DISC 1 (CD)
01.Lovers Again (オリジナル:EXILE / 作詞:松尾潔 作曲:Jin Nakamura English Lyrics by BENI, Seiji Motoyama)
02.白い恋人達 (オリジナル:桑田佳祐 / 作詞・作曲:桑田佳祐 English Lyrics by Jeff Miyahara)
03.歌うたいのバラッド (オリジナル:斉藤和義 / 作詞・作曲:斉藤和義 English Lyrics by BENI)
04.PIECES OF A DREAM (オリジナル:CHEMISTRY / 作詞:麻生哲朗 作曲:藤本和則 English Lyrics by BENI, Geila Zilkha)
05.楽園 (オリジナル:平井堅 / 作詞:阿閉真琴 作曲:中野雅仁 English Lyrics by BENI, Seiji Motoyama)
06.チェリー (オリジナル:スピッツ / 作詞・作曲:草野正宗 English Lyrics by BENI, Geila Zilkha)
07.クリスマス・イブ (オリジナル:山下達郎 / 作詞・作曲:山下達郎 English Lyrics by Alan O'Day
08.はじまりはいつも雨 (オリジナル:ASKA / 作詞・作曲:飛鳥涼 English Lyrics by BENI, Seiji Motoyama)
09.I LOVE YOU (オリジナル:尾崎豊 / 作詞・作曲:尾崎豊 English Lyrics by BENI, Leo Imai)
10.小さな恋のうた (オリジナル:モンゴル800 / 作詞:上江洌清作 作曲:MONGOL800 English Lyrics by BENI, Seiji Motoyama)
11.接吻 (オリジナル:オリジナル・ラヴ / 作詞・作曲:田島貴男 English Lyrics by Seiji Motoyama)
12.永遠(とわ)に (オリジナル:ゴスペラーズ / 作詞:安岡優 作曲:妹尾武 English Lyrics by BENI, Seiji Motoyama)
13.Squall (オリジナル:福山雅治 / 作詞・作曲:福山雅治 English Lyrics by BENI, Geila Zilkha)

DISC 2 (DVD)
Lovers Again  (Music Video)
歌うたいのバラッド  (Music Video)
I LOVE YOU   (Music Video)
PIECES OF A DREAM  (Music Video)

^ final tracklist out now

Quote    Reply   

NATE

JPC Admin

#43 post_url

Oct 6 12 12:32 AM

So, I guess BENI is singing this version "Christmas Eve."

I really hope the lyrics are better this time around, a lot of the lyrics from the first COVERS album were so awkward. The previews that have been available aren't reassuring though.

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

Oct 6 12 3:07 AM

I feel like now hearing GILLE covers and a few other that J-ballads to English are inherently awkward.....maybe there are too many lyrics in Japanese and the translators are trying to be too faithful, but they sound too wordy and long and the choruses sound weird

idk tbh..

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

Oct 6 12 9:21 PM

mini wrote:
I feel like now hearing GILLE covers and a few other that J-ballads to English are inherently awkward.....maybe there are too many lyrics in Japanese and the translators are trying to be too faithful, but they sound too wordy and long and the choruses sound weird

idk tbh..
I think the problem with lyrics relies with Japanese songwirters. Take a look at Boyz II Men J-pop covers, they all sound very natural, if a non J-pop listener listen to their covers will think it's an original English song. BENI isn't really much of a good songwriter and working with people that isn't English fluent doesn't help her either.

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

Oct 10 12 2:48 PM

^ I have to say: I'm pleasently surprised...

The chorus is the weakest part of the song but the rest of it is quite nice

The pv looks great, really like it that it has been shot in LA again ;) (brings back good personal memories)

Thank you for sharing utenachan

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

Oct 10 12 5:34 PM

That was really nice. There was a pretty big increase in overall quality from the Covers 1 era. Better vocals, lyrics, the video looks great (and so does she).

I am also pleasantly surprised.
I just want to see what's in store next for Beni, like will she have a larger fanbase after all this? and what will her original songs sound like?

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

Oct 10 12 8:38 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else not understand why the Japanese public would buy an album of English covers of their favorite Japanese songs when they don't understand English? It's one thing to listen to English songs in English - there are no other versions, after all - but if they already know these songs in Japanese and love them for what they are, why would they want to listen to them sung in English and not understand a word of it? I don't get it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 post_url

Oct 10 12 9:18 PM

^ Because English is cool. Why do Japanese artists insert random English words and phrases into their songs when it sometimes makes no sense at all?

As for this new track...not really feeling it. Boring arrangement. If they are even changing the songs that aren't originally just piano and strings to piano and strings, I can imagine what's in store for the rest of this album. If this becomes "her style" when new original material finally comes out, I will cry.

Only things positive I can say is that at least the lyrics aren't awkwardly worded and that she looks good in the video.

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

Oct 11 12 8:13 PM

I think the fascination with COVERS is the novelty factor. Japan loves American Pop, so hearing J-Pop classics in English is probably exciting to them.
I've been a bad BENI fan by abandoning her after Zutto Futari de and hearing Diggin' On You, but I feel like I cannot get away from her <3.
BENI's vocals are so smooth, sweet, and powerful.  I've never seen an artist, whether it is in the States or in Japan, improve in such a short span of time.
If you listen to songs like Here Alone and Harmony to songs like 瞳をとじて  and TRUE LOVE, you'll see how her voice has evolved from hollow and empty to strong and beautiful. 

After hearing COVERS, I've come to realize that BENI can show American Pop artists how it's done. BENI has something to her voice and her sound that is unmatched in the States.
You know you're doing a good job when you're being charitable by letting Crystal Kay ride your coattails, outsinging JAMOSA, releasing music consistently unlike her twin sister May J, and inspiring Thelma or her record label to copy you... actually it might be Che'nelle, but judging by the timing, I'd say BENI inspired Thelma to release a COVERS.

Anyways, BENI has made a signficant improvement in the J-Pop realm, and it seems like she's here to stay.
I think these COVERS albums has helped BENI receive the recognition she deserves, so she'll probably release new music after COVERS 2, and she'll continue to slay.

Now that I think about it, it would be nice to see BENI release music in the States, since her music and voice is 10x better than most of the artists in the States.
P.S. When is 嘘つき being released? I know it's on the soundtrack CD for the PSP game, but it would be nice if she released the song on one of her albums.
http://www.jp.playstation.../title/enkaku/movie.html (2nd video).

Quote    Reply   

#55 post_url

Oct 12 12 8:29 AM

I absolutely love Beni, and have been following her since her debut with avex. I'm a big fan.
However, you sound delusional.

She has certainly grown tremendously as an artist, going from another pretty face that could carry a tune to a vocalist/music artist that has carved out an identity for herself. 

But so much of what you've said...simply isn't true. 
At all.

Letting Crystal Kay ride her coat tails? Having a better voice and music that's 10x better than most artists in the states?
What?
You've got to be kidding me.

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Oct 12 12 12:30 PM

I guess I went a little overboard, but I was just emphasizing her improvement. I guess I find BENI's voice more refreshing than other artists, and I've always felt that BENI has released catchy tunes even dating back to her avex days. Gurl, you know I was joking around when I was talking about Crystal, May J., and Thelma... okay maybe not for Thelma.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Oct 13 12 2:34 AM

I'm sure something to this effect has been said a million times already, but I think it's hilarious that this girl found her biggest success doing the worst music of her career. Her covers are boring as shit, and I don't think anyone would've paid her any attention if she debuted singing lullabies like these. As infantile as her voice was during her Avex days, "Infinite.." and "Here Alone" really were quite fierce for a new singer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help