Remove this ad

#1681 post_url

Feb 24 16 10:04 AM

Well I didn't find on an official channel and for me It was a leak....
sorry for the discussion I thought you would like to listen the song...I didn't know about the trailer.....
Next time I will check everything about the source

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1682 post_url

Feb 24 16 11:11 PM

ah~ So that ちはやふる live action! kinda late to realize it, because never know the title of that anime I watched at TV Chanel.

FLASH so far I like it!

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#1684 post_url

Mar 5 16 5:36 PM

imageimage
CD+CD+DVD/Blu-ray | CD only

The DVD/Blu-ray cover is awesome. I'm salty about those US tour dates, though. South gets snubbed once again. )':

Quote    Reply   

#1685 post_url

Mar 6 16 10:16 AM

They've been on point with covers recently but that DVD/Blu Ray is one of the worst covers they've done

Not to mention the fact they just used it for both instead of making 2 different
ugh

Quote    Reply   

#1688 post_url

Mar 28 16 5:43 PM

Perfume opened up an Instagram account for this release (something that seems pretty popular for asian artists to do nowadays). The promotion is insane.

https://www.instagram.com/prfm_official/

It contains a longass collage of the limited edition cover art, with some videos in it. Features a sneak peek of the FLASH PV and an amazing Engrish video by Nocchi

Quote    Reply   

#1690 post_url

Apr 8 16 4:58 AM

The album didn't do much for me. LEVEL3 was way better. Maybe Cosmic Explorer, the song, will grow on me, but other than that it's not much. Another 1mm definitely didn't happen unfortunately. The majority of album mixes are great though. The whole Cling Cling single remains the highlight of this era for me.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1692 post_url

Apr 9 16 2:43 PM

I'm the opposite, I love the album!
Up until last year I only was a casual listener of Perfume.
But I do like the direction they're going, incorporating some more mainstream EDM elements into their japanese electro style, it's a nice mixture now. I'm not that much into most of their earlier stuff.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1693 post_url

Apr 10 16 12:12 AM

I didn't really like LEVEL3 but I love all the new songs on this album! Cosmic Explorer is amazing. and so are the other new songs.

Quote    Reply   

#1694 post_url

Apr 10 16 3:02 AM

Holy fuck I forgot about STORY until it started playing and SXSW flashbacks happened. Listening to the album now

EDIT: So...I'm not sure which album between LEVEL3 or COSMIC EXPLORER I like more. But in the sense that I kinda feel equally...meh? about them both? LEVEL3 has the amazing 1mm and great singles. Tbh, with COSMIC EXPLORER, I don't really connect with any of the album tracks? Navigate was a great intro, but Cosmic Explorer fell slightly flat for me. Miracle Worker wasn't any better, but Next Stage with YOU was a little better. I loved STORY obviously, but it's so instrument-heavy that it doesn't sound like a Perfume song in a way either. Baby Face was surprisingly super cute though. Out of the album-mixes, Cling Cling is definitely my fave. I don't understand why they made FLASH into one....Sweet Refrain loses some of its sentiment with its mix, and tbh I don't remember STAR TRAIN or TOKIMEKI LIGHT's original versions well enough to compare those.
Of course, this is all just after one listen, so maybe it just needs to sit a bit more with me. But yeah.../2centswillshutupnow

Last Edited By: sora2522 Apr 10 16 11:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#1695 post_url

Apr 11 16 9:12 PM

Finally a Perfume Album after so long! The singles in this drawn out era have been mixed in terms of quality IMO and this album is... unfortunately a bit all over the place. And I personally don't see any relation between the title of the album and what is in it. There seems to be a thematic clash between hard hitting EDM tracks such as Story with the cutesy melodic ones like Baby Face. I personally love the album tracks. Miracle Worker, Next Stage with You and possibly my new favourite thing ever from them, Baby Face - they are all great chill out jams which goes really well with Relax In The City & Hold Your Hands. Unfortunately the EDM influences in some tracks clash rather unpleasantly in the album, creating an uneven listening experience. It can't be helped I suppose. The singles released in the span of this era have been mixed in terms of tone and it's inevitable that the album felt more like a compilation moreso than a curated piece. In a digital era where we rarely listen to an album in order from start to finish I suppose this does not matter. And for that reason I feel that this album is actually quite enjoyable - almost at Level 3 quality I dare say based on the strength of individual tracks alone. If only they dropped sole of the single tracks and create a more "chilled out" Perfume album, I think I would be down for that :)

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1696 post_url

Apr 12 16 11:22 AM

one thing I find annoying is that since JPN there are so many single tracks and not many new songs. if you count FLASH as a single (it was a digital single) then that only leaves Cosmic Explorer, Miracle Worker, Next Stage with YOU, STORY and Baby Face. but STORY was revealed last year. and wasn't Next Stage with YOU also revealed a while back? so that's like three truly new songs.
like Cellac said the singles have been all over the place this era. I really didn't like Cling Cling and Sweet Refrain is pretty uninteresting whereas the RITC single is great and STAR TRAIN was kind of a masterpiece. I mostly just love the new songs on this album. and like Cellac said the album doesn't flow very well.

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#1699 post_url

May 12 16 5:27 PM

I finally listened to the album like... a couple weeks ago, at least. Not my favorite, but not my least favorite! I could honestly do without STORY and Next Stage with YOU.

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#1700 post_url

Jul 19 16 2:24 PM

They released a digital single with OK Go, titled I Don't Understand You. It's up on JP iTunes, but I'm not sure if it's there for other countries.

So this happened:

Pentatonix is with Sony, so if you're outside of Japan, you'll likely need to use a proxy.

Last Edited By: Moh Aug 15 16 9:07 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help