Remove this ad

#1381 post_url

Aug 30 13 10:23 PM

that RE cover is gorgeous but I want that 1mm PV in the LE since its damn catchy.

which edition are you guys buying?

Last Edited By: skylight Aug 30 13 10:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1383 post_url

Sep 2 13 2:59 AM

NATE wrote:
sora2522 wrote:
Very interesting set of rules. In a way they are kind of like idols, but in a completely non-idolly way ehehe

Uh no... they are straight up in every way an idol group.

Perfume is an idol group definitely, but their music is total if not pure electronic. Perfume has songs that can be played straight up in a nightclub, especially the album mixes. And I've listened to some electronic-house music too so I'm not being biased or anything, Perfume is legit an electronic act but in the form of an idol group.

That alone sets Perfume apart from the rest.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1385 post_url

Sep 2 13 7:21 PM

↑ then Nakata must not know anything about Japanese culture.

yeah they are an electronic group but there isn't a requirement that only xxx type of music is idol music, because being an idol is more about the image and media presence rather than what the music is like right? so i don't know how Nakata justifies them not being an idol group. it can't be so just because he says so.

Quote    Reply   

#1386 post_url

Sep 2 13 8:03 PM

I think being an idol is about media presence sure - but not just the fact that they are there - how they say things and act in/on TV and press releases etc etc. contributes to their idol-ness.

In this case, I think Perfume has most all idols (that I can think of for sure) beat.

I sure don't consider them Idols, because they dont act like them. The key part is that they are hardly "acting" in the first place. I mean, from what ive seen of japanese TV and interviews, but really all tv & interviews that are live and or scripted, acting is part of the job.

Perfume doesnt get a b**** slap from Nakata or Universal everytime they are seen with a guy and threatened to be kicked from the group, because the group was actually made by them. They didnt go out individually by some label and be specifically picked apart to be in an idol group. They didnt even sign up to be part of "Perfume". Perfume is an electropop unit, not an idol group. You can argue it all you want I really don't care, but thats how I see them. When I first heard Perfume, I hated their music, but now they are one of my favorite japanese groups of all time, hell one of my favorite music groups of all time! They arent young teenagers-adults who were born and bred for the role, dreaming of how some day they would be "idols" they grew up with hardships in real life and the music industry and faced disbandment, ridicule, and lack of faith from all sides.

+ As i kinda said before, they aren't a female idol group that is subservient entirely to their fans and management. Heck, they invite other groups for lives and take risks. They do have a squeaky clean image, but it feels more like that's their own choice, their Perfume no Okite. It seems like a sacred bond of trust between the three of them to keep the integrity of the group together. I mean, their management is lacking in image development but they don't appear to be typical slave drivers of the pop music industry - at least in regards to perfume. (But yeah, especially their hair-costume designs, but they are just super cautious and personally I wanna see some outfit/hair changes like the one Kashi has in that R.E. cover. I mean... dat forehead!)

By the way. Party Maker is 7:20 long, Furikaeru to Iru yo is 6 minutes, Enter the Sphere is 3 so it may or may not even be a typical perfume intro.

Discuss!

Quote    Reply   

#1387 post_url

Sep 2 13 11:50 PM

Like I said previously, Perfume is an electronic act but their form is an idol group. I shouldn't have said "total idol group" though.

They're not handled like idol groups at all, they formed the group voluntarily and make their own decisions, the group existed well before they got signed to a major label. But they're form is an idol group, they dress like Showa-period idols. Their promotion is a mixture of idol and non-idol.

Perfume doesn't fit to a specific category, but if we have to group them they're definately creative artists not idols.

I have a feeling LEVEL 3 is going to be that nice mix of J-electronic and international sound that Perfume fans have been waiting.

Quote    Reply   

jiarongisme

#1390 post_url

Sep 3 13 10:48 PM

The PV looks great. Maybe the song will grow on me eventually.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1392 post_url

Sep 4 13 12:25 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT LOOKS SO GOOD. And it sounds pretty good too!! The beginning reminds me of I still love U, but the rest of i is a bit more upbeat, which is nice

Quote    Reply   

#1393 post_url

Sep 4 13 5:34 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

love it.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1394 post_url

Sep 4 13 10:56 AM

ShunShunRikka3 wrote:
a lot of text

that's a good point about Perfume's formation, Nakata didn't create them, they created themselves which I think is enough to separate them from idol groups.

Quote    Reply   

#1396 post_url

Sep 4 13 3:37 PM

Thanks Trekkie. I'm kind of a wordy passionate person about things. I always give too much text haha xD

The whole PV is going to air tonight, but honestly im expecting it to just be a re-hash - them singing in/out of the glass, with dance break instrumentals + ending.

I don't have a problem with that, but I miss story PVs like Laser Beam.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1397 post_url

Sep 4 13 11:34 PM

↑ it's ok i just didn't want to quote all of it because i thought it might be annoying for everyone else if i did.

it's amazing how much differently kashi looks without the bangs, it doesn't look like her at all. even on Spice she still kinda had bangs they were just to the side a bit and it still looked like her.

Quote    Reply   

#1400 post_url

Sep 10 13 7:47 AM

1mm sounds so good! I can't wait now for the new album :-)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help