Remove this ad

zeopower6

Lead

Jul 11 12 12:31 AM

Tags : : ,

Anyone heard about this? Backed it today. :3

OUYA is a new game console for the TV, powered by Android.

We've packed this little box full of power. Developers will have access to OUYA's open design so they can produce their games for the living room, taking advantage of everything the TV has to offer. 

Best of all, OUYA's world-class controller, console, and interface come in one beautiful, inexpensive package. All the games on it will be free, at least to try.

Specifications:
Tegra3 quad-core processor 
1GB RAM 
8GB of internal flash storage
HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD 
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n 
Bluetooth LE 4.0 
USB 2.0 (one) 
Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad 
Android 4.0 

More info here:

Will it succeed? Will it bomb? What do you think?

Last Edited By: zeopower6 Aug 11 12 6:36 AM. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Jul 11 12 7:07 AM

Hmm, I have no idea if it will succeed or fail, but it sounds interesting. I hope it has lots of good games on it and succeeds. I'll definitely get it then. More competition can't be a bad thing.

Quote    Reply   

#3 post_url

Jul 12 12 7:46 AM

^ Kickstarter.com? It's a site where people can pledge any amount of money/donation to whatever cause people put up there. It seems to be getting popular lately.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zeopower6

#4 post_url

Jul 12 12 8:17 AM

It's been the highest amount that Kickstarter has ever had for a fundraiser and it's only been like two days... D:

3.8 million and counting! There is still a month to go! D:

Quote    Reply   

#5 post_url

Jul 13 12 7:19 PM

Right now I feel like this is a great idea but how long will this OUYA be supported for? It seems like, too me at least, that the OUYA would be in the center of attention for a few weeks then because people are getting there hands on it for the first time and not having time to develop on it, people will lose interest and just have a hunk of junk doing nothing in the living room collecting dust. If they have a steady stream of new innovative and not rehashed games that is not angry birds then I'll buy it. Right now we just have to play the waiting game.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#6 post_url

Jul 13 12 9:12 PM

I think that the appeal of this is that it can potentially be a media center/game console since ANY Android app will be loadable onto the system~ I very much doubt it'll collect dust for most people who own one though I am slightly worried about whether support will last for this. It would be very VERY interesting if thatgamecompany among other big 'indie' developers had some exclusives for just the OUYA...

Last Edited By: zeopower6 Jul 13 12 9:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help