Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#241 post_url

Oct 8 13 7:02 PM

CONTROL sounds great, more similar to pre-WOF capsule which is a good thing in my opinion, nice and psychedelic.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#243 post_url

Oct 14 13 11:08 AM

YOU ARE A VERY GREAT PERSON.

it's not the most exciting song ever that's for sure but i love the instrument with the main melody, like i said before it's very psychedelic and reminds me a lot of songs from L.D.K. if the rest of the album is similar to that album then i will be so happy.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Oct 14 13 11:14 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#244 post_url

Oct 15 13 12:21 AM

I really dont know what to think of this new album ... its like what I wanted in terms of having a different sound, but not what I specifically wanted in terms of the sound it actually has lol its almost like that transition between FLASH BACK and MORE! MORE! MORE! in terms of from STEREO WORXXX to CAPS LOCK. I suppose it's a fitting switch in sound given the label switch too, but I hope newcomers to CAPSULE do not define this to be their sound, since their discography has ventured through various genres.

Either way, I gotta give it another full listen first before I can decide if I like this album or not. It's definitely not Pop-sounding

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#245 post_url

Oct 15 13 12:49 AM

It almost goes back to their Shibuya-kei stuff, which is nice. I found WOF and STEREO WORXXX to be extremely tiring to listen to. CAPS LOCK, however, I can get into.

Quote    Reply   

#247 post_url

Oct 22 13 10:25 PM

So today (10/22) is apparently "International Caps Lock Day". I doubt capsule, er, CAPSULE, had this in mind when they named their album or decided to release it 10/23, but I thought it was funny anyway. C28268d64cb614f8844920c1b302440aff8ddd1f_r

Also, I haven't gotten a chance to listen yet, but the album's up for download at the usual places.

Edit: Crickets in this forum, I'm guessing people are just as disappointed with this album as I am?

I don't think I've ever hated a capsule song (some have been underwhelming, but still listenable)... but 12345678 is terrible, that old car horn noise is so incredibly irritating, combined with abrasive creaking and clicking sounds. ESC is imo a waste of space, considering it's just a clock ticking with noises thrown in here and there. CONTROL, DELETE, SHIFT, and SPACE are the standouts, the rest is just filler, be it pleasant or unpleasant. But none of the standout tracks are groundbreaking, memorable, or better than anything they've already released.

Last Edited By: jcam Oct 27 13 4:14 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#249 post_url

Nov 1 13 12:54 PM

jcam wrote:
Edit: Crickets in this forum, I'm guessing people are just as disappointed with this album as I am?

I don't think I've ever hated a capsule song (some have been underwhelming, but still listenable)... but 12345678 is terrible, that old car horn noise is so incredibly irritating, combined with abrasive creaking and clicking sounds. ESC is imo a waste of space, considering it's just a clock ticking with noises thrown in here and there. CONTROL, DELETE, SHIFT, and SPACE are the standouts, the rest is just filler, be it pleasant or unpleasant. But none of the standout tracks are groundbreaking, memorable, or better than anything they've already released.
Pretty much agree with this. I didn't like the album too much either. CONTROL and SHIFT are the only tracks I still like. I quickly got bored of DELETE and SPACE.

I know I haven't listened to them too much (I've only listened to WOF, SW, and the rewind BEST albums), but I hope this isn't the direction they're going in for the future. If they are, I might just stop listening to them.

Quote    Reply   

#250 post_url

Nov 2 13 6:39 PM

jpopfanatic83 wrote:
Pretty much agree with this. I didn't like the album too much either. CONTROL and SHIFT are the only tracks I still like. I quickly got bored of DELETE and SPACE.

I know I haven't listened to them too much (I've only listened to WOF, SW, and the rewind BEST albums), but I hope this isn't the direction they're going in for the future. If they are, I might just stop listening to them.

If you haven't heard the whole MORE! MORE! MORE! album, I'd recommend it. smiley: wink

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#251 post_url

Nov 3 13 2:34 PM

I myself haven't listened to the album yet, but maybe the reason this album is so weak is because it's the most different thing he's done since...a long time ago. so this album was kind of an experiment, and maybe the next album will be better. But like I said, I haven't listened to the album yet, so...

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#252 post_url

Dec 8 13 3:08 PM

saw this on ebay just now

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CAPSULE-Killer-Wave-2011-Limited-Edition-2-CD-JAPAN-Electronica-A4131-/141135786734?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item20dc5932ee

an actual copy of KILLER WAVE! this is definitely something worth having...someone hurry and buy it! (i just bought a bunch of other things + christmas is coming up + i'm a poor university student so not me)
although on second thought, it's only eight bucks. which makes me wonder, is it actually the Japanese edition? is this actually KILLER WAVE? i'll buy it if i can be sure what i'm buying is legit. it seems to good for that price.

Quote    Reply   

#253 post_url

Dec 11 13 12:06 AM

uncle Jemima wrote:
saw this on ebay just now

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CAPSULE-Killer-Wave-2011-Limited-Edition-2-CD-JAPAN-Electronica-A4131-/141135786734?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item20dc5932ee

an actual copy of KILLER WAVE! this is definitely something worth having...someone hurry and buy it! (i just bought a bunch of other things + christmas is coming up + i'm a poor university student so not me)
although on second thought, it's only eight bucks. which makes me wonder, is it actually the Japanese edition? is this actually KILLER WAVE? i'll buy it if i can be sure what i'm buying is legit. it seems to good for that price.

Most likely legit considering the incident happened relatively close to the release of the cd. I bet the print and pull was a bummer.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#255 post_url

Mar 20 14 1:56 PM

I finally got around to listening to CAPS LOCK today, and it's about how I expected it to be. Yet I don't think it's terrible. I think you guys are comparing this album to their other albums, but this is a concept album and I think it was well done. I was kind of losing interest in capsule because all their albums were starting to sound the change, so this is a welcome change even though it's not exactly...interesting. It's good to see nakata doing something radically different, and I can only hope that he will keep changing up the style and that the next album will be better than this one.

lowercase_zps532fbaf8.png

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Mar 20 14 2:08 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#257 post_url

Apr 19 14 7:42 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
does nakata have twitter, i want him to see this feeltastic tribute i made for him

OMG, what did I just watch... smiley: roll
A...Are those Dr. Seuss boxers?

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#258 post_url

Apr 19 14 10:39 PM

yes, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish to be exact. plus i have the same birthday as Dr. Seuss which makes it even more awesome. and those are the full length pajama pant edition, i also have the shorts which are the same, except...short. maybe i'll make a version with those ones too, jk i think one video is enough.

Quote    Reply   

#259 post_url

Apr 20 14 12:18 PM

You make me want to buy some Dr. Seuss boxers for myself. It's also pretty cool you have the same birthday as Dr. Seuss.

It's gonna be hard for me to listen to the song again without laughing my ass off though, lol.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#260 post_url

Apr 20 14 12:55 PM

well sorry if I ruined it for you, but you have to admit it does sound like she's saying "feeling a light"

either that or "feeling alight" like she's on fire.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help