http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6375338.html

AWWW YEAH.

Last Edited By: zeopower6 May 17 16 2:20 AM. Edited 10 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#8 post_url

Jul 7 12 12:59 AM

Apparently in Japan they are going to get a re-release of the manga with 10 volumes and 1 for Sailor V encased in a stylish box and also they are getting a Memorial DVD release for the anime and all this is going to happen in the fall.     Oh and also there is going to be some new merchandise6d4367b96ddab0b8447483709a67ce094d557fd8_r

Quote    Reply   

#9 post_url

Jul 8 12 1:11 PM

I admit I'm kind of curious about this. Sailor Moon was big with my friends and I in high school, and I've retained some fondness for it over the years. However, every time I've thought about going back and watching the anime, I'm faced with 200 episodes -- a good chunk of it filler -- and I decide to do something else instead.

(Plus SuperS is largely the Chibi-Usa Show, and I dislike the character of Chibi-Usa, so that's another deterrent to going back and watching the entire anime again.)

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Jul 9 12 4:38 PM

This is a surprising development. I wonder how successful it will be, though. I mean Sailor Moon was huge in its heyday, but it definitely has not remained relevant or retained its popularity in the way that Dragon Ball has, though both were monstrously huge at around the same time. The kids will probably be like, "this is like Pretty Cure!"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

zeopower6

#12 post_url

Jul 9 12 10:44 PM

celticmoon wrote:
This is a surprising development. I wonder how successful it will be, though. I mean Sailor Moon was huge in its heyday, but it definitely has not remained relevant or retained its popularity in the way that Dragon Ball has, though both were monstrously huge at around the same time. The kids will probably be like, "this is like Pretty Cure!"

I dunno about that... I'm sure a lot of youngins are aware of Sailor Moon and what came before PreCure. If it were the Western generation of kids, maybe but I feel like Japanese kids may know their 'history' better.

And it is a bit of a reboot, it seems.

As for potential success, I think it could do better than the HxH reboot. (which is from Naoko's husbando LOOOL)

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Jul 30 12 10:47 PM

So it is targeted at adults? That sounds promising, I do hope that they will make it last long but not as filler as the original one was at some points. I do love the idea that they are using the manga story more, but I do hope that they keep some elements from the original series. I loved the whole monster of the day but I can do without the constant entrance-then-go-into-an-over-the-top-and-overly-long-explanation-on-how-the-monster-treated-the-scenario-unfairly, some of the monologues were just way too long. I do hope that they will add more action scenes and make Usagi less crybaby as she was in the manga but keep the Rei and Usagi bickering as I always thought that was quite funny (but it was a bit odd and very un-BFF like for Rei to date Mamoru), in any case, I cannot wait for this! Why does Summer 2013 have to be so far? Not only that but I do hope I will be able to see it anyway since I might be in Korea next summer.

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Aug 2 12 2:05 PM

wow...
I hope it has a big enough budget so Saturn gets a transformation sequence this time. I really liked her and Neptune.

Quote    Reply   

#17 post_url

Sep 27 12 5:24 PM

Really? I never quite understood why Saturn got so much attention from fans, she barely did anything as one of the soldiers and she was sick all of the time. 

I remember awhile ago I was quite bored and came up with a list of Asian-American actors and actresses who I think would do a very good job if Sailor Moon (Dark Kingdom arc) was to be turned into a movie I still have the list too, but many people are missing because I dont know who else would be great for these roles. Anyone care to see?

Quote    Reply   

#19 post_url

Feb 15 13 8:51 PM

I really hope this anime is more like the PGSM live action. That had some ridiculous fight scenes, but the plot developtment and the characters personalities were really well done. I loved idol Minako and how Minako and Rei had that slightly yuri feel to it. Also, Kuroki Mio was a nice adding to the drama, since she was much more interesting than all other villains.

I wish they could do a PGSM sequence target to a more mature audience.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Feb 24 13 4:03 PM

In my opinion, Naoko might release different animes of sailor moon this year. For example: a spin off about Sailor V, or adventures of chibiusa (Chibiusa in wonderland), or a new season after sailor moon stars past some years and having chibiusa as the new sailor moon or a new season remastered. I can't imagine something than that.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help