Remove this ad

NATE

JPC Admin

#1201 post_url

Sep 1 12 12:15 AM

I use regular English grammar conventions when tagging Korean music since it's not like Japanese where the industry as a whole has stylized English that carries with it a certain meaning in many cases. There are several acts in Japan with what is technically the same name but just a little tweak makes it a different artist (ex. LiSA versus LISA or Ai vs. AI).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1202 post_url

Sep 1 12 3:26 AM

I use 4minute but during some Japanese releases I have seen it as 4MINUTE and 4Minute (the ladder one bugs the hell out of me, I have no idea why, lol).

I tend to want to do proper tagging because I am such a perfectionist but K-Pop tagging is proving to be not as easy as Japanese tagging because at times they would use correct English grammar but other times they will either use upper case their songs or lower case their songs, it is so confusing, I generally just go onto Melon and see how they tag it and use that way.

Quote    Reply   

LeeLeeNeko

#1203 post_url

Sep 1 12 7:08 AM

In Korea it's always been 4minute, but in Japan they somehow decided to use 4Minute (which bothers me lol).
If you want perfect tags then you should use 4minute / 포미닛 for their Korean releases and 4Minute for the Japanese ones.

Quote    Reply   

#1209 post_url

Oct 9 12 10:55 PM

Still pressed that 2yoon hasn't happened, but it doesn't keep me from being excited about this. Calling it right now- it's Bubble Pop Part 2, about their summer love melting like ice cream and being super sad and cute about it while shaking your ass. PLZ!!! <3

Quote    Reply   

Moh

#1210 post_url

Oct 9 12 11:02 PM

mitsuhoney wrote:
the title track "Ice Cream" is produced by Brave Brothers

I can already tell I'm going to hate this.

But seriously, where the heck is that 2Yoon unit?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1211 post_url

Oct 9 12 11:28 PM

I'm very apprehensive about Brave Brothers BUT I did enjoy Sistar's and Teen Top's stuff lately, so I'll try to stay hopeful. Apparently the title song was switched last minute from the usual S. Tiger track so maybe there really is something special about this song.

Quote    Reply   

#1212 post_url

Oct 9 12 11:39 PM

sunnysideup wrote:
I'm very apprehensive about Brave Brothers BUT I did enjoy Sistar's and Teen Top's stuff lately, so I'll try to stay hopeful. Apparently the title song was switched last minute from the usual S. Tiger track so maybe there really is something special about this song.

So it's NOT gonna be a latin theme? I'm assuming the announced latin comeback corresponded to whatever S. Tiger track that you say was switched out at the last minute. Hmmm

Quote    Reply   

#1213 post_url

Oct 10 12 12:26 AM

Well I don't know for sure either but no, I don't think so. With a name like Ice Cream it doesn't sound very Latin either, lol. It sounds cute & sexy at the same time like something in the vein of Bubble Pop.

Quote    Reply   

#1214 post_url

Oct 10 12 11:05 PM

4minuteforums wrote:
On the 17th, Hyunah will make her solo comeback and is expected to command attention with a stronger concept.

The singer who showed a cute and sweet image last year with 'Bubble Pop' will reveal a sexier charm this time. Although the details have yet to be fully revealed, the concept and tone are said to be more powerful.

An official representative of Cube Entertainment stated, "We are working hard to show you a more mature side compared to past promotions. You will be able to see that the general feeling will be a little bit stronger."

The music industry has been in a nervous state as it awaited Hyunah's specific comeback schedule. As Hyunah's provocative comebacks frequently become hot issues, this comeback is expected to become a hot topic of discussion once again. Also, the hot overseas reaction towards her appearance in Psy's 'Gangnam Style', which is reaching 500 million views, can easily be seen.

The title track of Hyunah's second mini album, 'Melting', is Hyunah's first collaboration with renowned composer Brave Brothers. Cube Entertainment's representatives explained, "The point of 'Ice Cream' is to show a sweet and sexy image by comparing hearts with ice cream, and depict the magical moment when ice cream, or our heart, melts."

Hm. so if the article is right then this comeback won't be as cute as we expect? Anyways, first comeback stage will be the 20th on Inkigayo. Excited~

Quote    Reply   

#1215 post_url

Oct 10 12 11:16 PM

So they say it's a more mature, sexier image but then the final description of the actual song sounds just like Bubble Pop... sweet and sexy comparing cute things to hearts. Ok...

And I love the focus on how everyone talks about her. Not that other acts need to hold off on comebacks because she'll outsell them all, no no no... (cuz she won't)... just that she'll overshadow everyone in the media. sigh

Quote    Reply   

#1216 post_url

Oct 11 12 2:31 AM

What upsets me is the lack of attention the other girls in this group get. I do love Hyun Ah and so far both of her solo releases have got me but what about the other girls? I feel like they could be thrown under the bus and nobody would even care.

I want that 2Yoon project that we were promised...

Quote    Reply   

#1217 post_url

Oct 11 12 3:03 AM

^ lol in my case, if it wasnt for hyuna I wouldn't be in this thread. but you are right.. its unfair for fans of the other girls.

I don't know what to expect about Ice Cream, it's confusing. but it's hyuna so I wont be disappointed for sure.

Quote    Reply   

#1218 post_url

Oct 11 12 2:03 PM

I really don't get what exactly is keeping the other girls from doing side projects besides CUBE being cheap and stupid. Because what exactly are Jiyoon, Gayoon, and Sohyun doing with all this "time off" they get while Hyuna does her stuff? (Jihyun is acting). They could easily be working on their own stuff to release right after Hyuna is done or whatnot. I just don't get it, and probably never will.

Quote    Reply   

#1219 post_url

Oct 11 12 10:10 PM

Another article says Ice Cream will have a hip-hop vibe with strong raps. Also I think 2Yoon will definitely have their time. Obviously Cube just wants Hyuna to ride on Gangnam Style's success right now.

Quote    Reply   

#1220 post_url

Oct 11 12 11:18 PM

sunnysideup wrote:
Another article says Ice Cream will have a hip-hop vibe with strong raps. Also I think 2Yoon will definitely have their time. Obviously Cube just wants Hyuna to ride on Gangnam Style's success right now.

Buttt didn't Hyuna get zero exposure from it (outside of Korea)? To everyone else she was just a backup dancer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help