Remove this ad

#201 post_url

May 21 13 3:04 PM

With headphones on, Bad Girls sounds better...

I will not stan for her tho, I will not... (Y'all better get ready for my next post : "omfg i'm in love with the song...")

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moh

#202 post_url

May 21 13 3:14 PM

Y'all are so dramatic sometimes. I like this album, it's kind of old-school and I really appreciate that. It's refreshing, especially considering all the electro stuff in Kpop lately.

Quote    Reply   

#203 post_url

May 21 13 3:42 PM

RicH wrote:
Seems like I am the only one who likes this 50s60s70s (LOL ) theme she used for this album. But I like it, really ...

you're not alone, I just love it. It's just perfect for me, exactly what I needed <3

Quote    Reply   

#204 post_url

May 21 13 5:53 PM

Been listening to the album all day. Overall it's conceptually tight, and as mentioned before kinda refreshing from the usual.

I can admit Bad Girls while a fun song, doesn't scratch that usual itch a general K-pop song does.

Quote    Reply   

#205 post_url

May 21 13 9:23 PM

ARUTO wrote:
DON'T. DOWNLOAD. IT. SUCKS.

WTF is this? Her own "Back To Basics" without any fucking hot song? EW *runs away and listens to H-Logic*

She should go back to basics and have her producers "collect" some good songs, if you know what I mean...

Quote    Reply   

#206 post_url

May 21 13 10:08 PM

OK, so I gave this album another few listens. It still sucks... It's not that the songs are bad; they're actually all VERY good and VERY well produced. What sucks is that they're Lee Hyori's songs. The problem is that Hyori is delusional. She actually believes that she's a real singer, and so she's released a "back to basics" album as you're all calling it to showcase her new and improved vocals. Well yes, they have drastically improved from years past, but it doesn't matter; bitch doesn't have a good voice. No amount of voice lessons can change that. 

Lee Hyori had defined her artistry by (1) her ridiculously flawless looks, (2) capable dancing, and (3) releasing well-produced, trend-setting dance tracks with catchy beats and melodies that her producers steal for her. This is her niche and she needs to stick with it, because it's the only thing she CAN do. Every track I listen to on this album, I think "wow, this would have been a great debut for a rookie artist with a much better voice." I understand that Hyori wants to "explore her artistic expression" or whatever, but there's a way to do that without disappointing the majority of your fans. An album can still be cohesive with some experimental songs, so the bitch could have easily thrown some AMAZING dance tracks on the album and cut down A LOT on the snoozefests ("Bounced Checks of Love"? I felt like I was getting more retarded by the second listening to that song).

I did delete "Monochrome" from my iPod, albeit with a very heavy sigh. I'm saving that space for Hyori's next release, because I'm sure she'll come to her senses and give her fans what they really want: SLUTTY DANCE MUSIC.

Quote    Reply   

#207 post_url

May 21 13 11:09 PM

DarkAngel wrote:
OK, so I gave this album another few listens. It still sucks... It's not that the songs are bad; they're actually all VERY good and VERY well produced. What sucks is that they're Lee Hyori's songs. The problem is that Hyori is delusional. She actually believes that she's a real singer, and so she's released a "back to basics" album as you're all calling it to showcase her new and improved vocals. Well yes, they have drastically improved from years past, but it doesn't matter; bitch doesn't have a good voice. No amount of voice lessons can change that. 

Lee Hyori had defined her artistry by (1) her ridiculously flawless looks, (2) capable dancing, and (3) releasing well-produced, trend-setting dance tracks with catchy beats and melodies that her producers steal for her. This is her niche and she needs to stick with it, because it's the only thing she CAN do. Every track I listen to on this album, I think "wow, this would have been a great debut for a rookie artist with a much better voice." I understand that Hyori wants to "explore her artistic expression" or whatever, but there's a way to do that without disappointing the majority of your fans. An album can still be cohesive with some experimental songs, so the bitch could have easily thrown some AMAZING dance tracks on the album and cut down A LOT on the snoozefests ("Bounced Checks of Love"? I felt like I was getting more retarded by the second listening to that song).

I did delete "Monochrome" from my iPod, albeit with a very heavy sigh. I'm saving that space for Hyori's next release, because I'm sure she'll come to her senses and give her fans what they really want: SLUTTY DANCE MUSIC.
Seriously, this is my feelings about this 100% word for word, its like you and me have the same mind. Well like they say "great minds think alike"

Quote    Reply   

#208 post_url

May 22 13 12:04 AM

np8f9Xx.jpg CfDCMKH.jpg

The 2Hyori Show will be streaming here at 6PM KST. She performed Bad Girls, Miss Korea, Full Moon, Wouldn't Ask You,  Bounced Checks Of Love, 10 Minutes, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and U-Go-Girl.

Quote    Reply   

#209 post_url

May 22 13 6:46 AM

RicH wrote:
Seems like I am the only one who likes this 50s60s70s (LOL 71136fd96943b08942b082089991c3dea09bce0b) theme she used for this album. But I like it, really ...

You're not alone..I like it too! I will say though that I thought the album was suppose to be hip hop influenced or at least that's what her company said.

Last Edited By: StillStanding May 22 13 6:50 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#210 post_url

May 22 13 11:45 AM

I'm surprised how much I like this album. It isn't bland, just a different sound. Just goes to show me I can never anticipate what Hyori's album will hold. I thought for sure I knew what was coming.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, I ain't deaf. Bounced Checks of Love is god awful.

Last Edited By: rhorewyn May 22 13 11:56 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#214 post_url

May 22 13 5:34 PM

^It's like a Big Band/Great Gatsby-ish live version (horns, drums, etc).

I liked the treatment of the show. For me lives/concerts help me appreciate certain songs more. I liked the renditions of 10 Min~CCBB, but UGG with the water gun assault thing was kinda wtf and outta place.

Quote    Reply   

#215 post_url

May 22 13 5:38 PM

Okay I actually liked it x___x !

And her album was made to be performed this way, with a band... So you know what, Imma watch the whole show... Then I'll love her album.

Quote    Reply   

#217 post_url

May 23 13 1:16 AM

This dance version made me realize that Hyori looks best in brown hair.

My favorite song off the album is Amor Mio. I didn't like Bad Girls.
The rest of the album is good, but nothing I wanted to hear again.

Quote    Reply   

#218 post_url

May 23 13 2:19 AM

I only finished listening to her album. It's a....long album, and I have short attention span, lol. I need to listen for a couple of times more before they can register in my brain. But so far the one I like the most are the 3 songs with MV, and the very first track that I heard, Amor Mio .

Quote    Reply   

#219 post_url

May 23 13 11:35 AM

I rellay love her vocals. her voice is unique and cool. She isn't capable of singing in many registers but she is actually a decent one. The album is nice as a conceputal album, but for that matter way to long. altough i have to admit most of the tracks are better than some of the albumtracks of vol.2 and defenitly better than 80% of Vol.1 & 2

Quote    Reply   

#220 post_url

May 23 13 7:19 PM

Her voice isn't the best, but I do like Bad Girls. I get what she was going for with it and Miss Korea. I like both, but don't love it, and definitely not what I was expecting. Some of the album songs are pretty boring..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help