Remove this ad

Moh

#201 post_url

Oct 2 12 1:13 PM

GKJaylee wrote:
Honestly, I really hate Heisei Homo Sapians.

Me too, lol. I wanted to like it, but something about it is just really weird.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#202 post_url

Oct 2 12 3:25 PM

I could understand the not liking her inkect funk into the songs. I actually quite like it, but the results are very close to cliché, so I can't fault you on that

I'm honestly considering cutting out Shuuen from the album. It just always ruins my buzz by the time I get to that point.

Quote    Reply   

#203 post_url

Oct 17 12 1:05 AM

I literally love every song on this album. I love every Superfly song though really...I don't know. If I had to name a least favorite on this record, it would be "Get High"...it's too much to listen to sometimes, but at other times I really enjoy it.

I actually like Heisei Homo Sapians even though the "Monkey Girl" lyrics are kinda weird...

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#204 post_url

Oct 23 12 6:44 PM

i'm kind of late but i finally listened to the album, and wow...people are complaining about shuuen? that's disgusting to me because the chorus for that song is amazing.
i agree that heisei homo sapiens sucks though.

oh and does anyone else think that No Bandage sounds a lot like a GO!GO!7188 song? especially the beginning, and the verses.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Oct 23 12 7:00 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#205 post_url

Oct 26 12 3:00 AM

Shuuen has a rather nice chorus, I guess, but everything else about it is just a shame. It's placing on the album which COMPLETELY destroys the flow, its overall length as it just drags on too long... or well, that's at least my opinion. I might have been able to appreciate it more as a B-side, rather than BANG in the middle of a predominantly upbeat album.

Quote    Reply   

#206 post_url

Mar 11 13 5:55 AM

with the release of "Force" Superfly is the 4th Japanese female artist to have 5 consecutive #1 album since their debut (link here)

congratulations! (although its already late LOL).

Quote    Reply   

#207 post_url

Mar 11 13 7:35 AM

I think they're counting all albums, not strictly studio albums. BoA also had 6 straight number one studio albums, but she released remix and k-pop compilations that didn't hit #1. Same for Ayu.

Quote    Reply   

#210 post_url

Apr 12 13 10:27 PM

Superfly, Box Emotions, Mind Travel, & Force are available for purchase on iTunes US. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#213 post_url

May 28 13 10:20 PM

Good decision actually, that should be quite successful! I even want to buy it, if not just for "Dancing on the Fire" which wasn't on any album yet.

Quote    Reply   

#215 post_url

May 30 13 12:25 PM

Yes, very good timing! I hope they release one more single (digitally) in advance... while I tend to prefer her upbeat rock tracks, I think a single might be a good choice. Get a good tie-in, BAM!, hit song, hit album. It should do better than Force (and hopefully Mind Travel too).

Quote    Reply   

#217 post_url

Jul 30 13 9:49 PM

Information about the best has been posted on her website, including the cover I think (which isn't a great cover). Title is "Superfly BEST". Comes with three new songs. Also, if I translated correctly, they're putting 24 music videos on the best of. And all of this is just for 3900 yen, what a steal!

Her website: http://www.superfly-web.com/news/2013/07/925superfly-best.php

Also, I just found that the best-of has it's own website, where you can see the cover large and tracklist:

Last Edited By: M Jul 30 13 9:52 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#219 post_url

Jul 31 13 3:49 AM

The cover is... OK, but definitely not her best. I am glad we are getting new songs, though! Now I just need her to (digitally) release the best (most hit-worthy) one, do a few promos and BAM, million seller bitches!

I joke. But I want this to do well.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#220 post_url

Jul 31 13 11:07 AM

a million is pretty far fetched but i'm pretty sure it will sell well, all her studio albums have reached #1 on oricon right? i'm expecting this album to sell at least 300K but hopefully it's more like 500K.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Jul 31 13 11:10 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help