Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#21 post_url

Jul 3 12 10:57 PM

Thanks for the news! I haven't listened to her much lately, but I should give atelier another listen.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Jul 24 12 9:28 PM

Cover is up as well. Also found a picture of a poster for the single but I don't know if it's related to any purchase bonuses.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#23 post_url

Apr 18 13 1:00 PM

She has a new mini-album out on iTunes, it seems to be a download exclusive though, most of the songs have already been released.

Brightness_zps24c26128.jpg

01. 235
02. ヒカリ (hikari)
03. 少しずつ (sukoshizutsu)
04. 白い花束 (shiroi yakusoku)
05. つばさ (tsubasa)
06. 未来への扉 (mirai e no tobira)
07. Growin' Up

The album is called "Brightness"

perhaps this means a full-length album is on its way. this seems like promo for something.

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima Apr 18 13 1:04 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#24 post_url

Apr 18 13 8:02 PM

I was hoping for rather an album rather than a mini with a lot of older stuff but at least she's still active. She does seem to have a lot of material for digital download though.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#25 post_url

Apr 18 13 9:16 PM

Emui, my fellow Calgarian! Glad to still see you on here, I haven't seen you in a while. Then again I don't spend much time on here myself.

I agree, I think only one of those songs is new, the first one. Too bad her physical singles don't chart too well, at least atelier did pretty well though, so I have no doubt another album is on its way. A digital mini-album is actually a pretty good promotional tool though, probably more effective than just digital singles. It reminds people that she exists and that she's awesome, so then when an actual album comes out they're ready to buy it!

Quote    Reply   

#26 post_url

Apr 21 13 8:56 AM

twilightsky wrote:
It's a great debut album. Seriously, so lovely and just the king of nice chillin' summer music to cool me down. I need to pick this up. Are the mini-album and singles worth checking out too?

I totally agree. Perfect summer time chilling-under-a-palm-tree kinda music. Thanks for introducing me to her trough this thread! Never heard of her before. This isn't the usual type of J-Pop I listen to most of the time, but for some reason I think she's just lovely - plus she looks really pretty.

I adore the "tsubasa" single too, haven't checked out the minis though. I agree with Trekkie by the way. I hope she just stays active and keeps releasing music, so she's not staying under the radar too much. She's obviously not the type of artist that gets a lot of promotion...

Quote    Reply   

#27 post_url

Jun 5 13 6:39 PM

A new double A-side single is coming out July 17 in celebration of her 20th birthday or something of the sort. Her website's been updated and there's a short PV for both songs.

235 / 消えてなくなれ、夕暮れ

01. 235
02. 消えてなくなれ、夕暮れ
03. One More Step
04. A Natural Woman

235 was included in the mini album but I'm so happy we're getting new material from her!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#28 post_url

Jun 5 13 7:05 PM

sweet, I assume A Natural Woman is a cover of the same that MINMI and Superfly did (and probably others).
is the romaji for the 2nd a-side "kiete na kunare, yuubo"?

Quote    Reply   

#29 post_url

Jun 5 13 7:35 PM

It's kietenaku nare, yuugure. I'm not too sure how the 'Kietenaku nare' portion should be split up but kietenaku means to not disappear while ’yuugure' means twilight but the 'nare' is confusing me.

Last Edited By: emui Jun 5 13 7:37 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#31 post_url

Jun 6 13 6:57 PM

emui wrote:
It's kietenaku nare, yuugure. I'm not too sure how the 'Kietenaku nare' portion should be split up but kietenaku means to not disappear while ’yuugure' means twilight but the 'nare' is confusing me.

ok thank you, I thought maybe -na- was making -kiete na- an adjective or something, so I will just romanize it the way you did for the title.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#33 post_url

Apr 15 17 12:08 AM

ayaka is back with a new album and a new(ish) name! same label though.

anyone else notice how she has the appearance of an athlete?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help