Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 14 12 2:16 PM

Tags : :

I know some artists kind of disappear after their contracts expire or their releases flop, so I thought it'd be a good idea to create this thread.
That way people can ask about artists they haven't known about for a while, to see if someone knows what they're doing lately.

For example, I'd like to know what happened to Ai Takaoka and Mika Kamita, it's been ages since I've known anything from them both.
Ai hasn't used her blog since last year, and Mika hasn't either since 2009 I think.
If anyone knows what they've been up to lately, please write a reply! smiley: tongue
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 post_url

Apr 14 12 7:05 PM

Apparently this disappearing act is a common thing with GIZA acts, lol. I've always wondered what happened to Hayami Kishimoto - it's been 5 years now since her last single and apparently as of a few years ago, she was working in a clothing store or something.

I had to look up her name, but Yuka Kagiyama - the girl who released Love Player a few years ago, her debut single for avex. Usually even the floppiest acts get a few releases on avex (sifow released a bunch of singles that didn't even chart) but she was one and done.

Also, she didn't really disappear in the way this thread means because she officially retired, but I would love to know what Rina Aiuchi is doing these days...it's been over a year and a half and I'm guessing we won't be hearing from her again. It worries me when artists drop out for non-specified "health problems."

Oh, and does anyone remember SHOWTA.? His song Trans-winter came up on my iTunes recently - good song, but his music was mostly incredibly boring. That androgyny thing he had was sort of interesting though.

Great topic - I know more artists will come to mind!

Last Edited By: rizumu Apr 14 12 7:08 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 post_url

Apr 14 12 9:26 PM

AYA (亜矢)..... I heard a while back that she's written a thing or two for her friend Anna Tsuchiya (which explains why Anna reminds me of her sometimes, I guess), but other than that, nothing. And really, I wouldn't be satisfied if I found out that she has been writing consistently for other people, even. I need more songs like DEAD END and Baghdad Sky in my life, and I'd prefer it if she sang them.

A few years ago, there was a Korean named JUNE.... Had that I.L.X song, hahah. I really liked his mini-album and thought that he had a lot of potential. But he's gone. And I guess, he won't be making anything else. Sad.

babamania was a cool band who took some familiar aspects (specifically, male rapper with a female singer) and made it sound really fresh. But they haven't come out with anything since 2006 or something, so yeah..

For a little while, I thought that I may have to include JASMINE in a thread like this, but it seems as though she's just taking her sweet-ass time, lol.... Now, I'm still worried that Sony may drop her after another album or two if her sales don't significantly pick up, but I'm staying positive. She just needs better promotion...

Quote    Reply   

#10 post_url

Apr 15 12 12:40 AM

rizumu wrote:
I had to look up her name, but Yuka Kagiyama - the girl who released Love Player a few years ago, her debut single for avex. Usually even the floppiest acts get a few releases on avex (sifow released a bunch of singles that didn't even chart) but she was one and done.  
she's still around, performing lives, etc., even had a few releases after that avex single. I think that was all she had with avex though, just a shot after she passed all the auditions, must have not sold enough for them to sign her to a full contract.

current blog - http://kagiyama.fc.yahoo.co.jp/
artist site - http://www.tommys.co.jp/profile/kagiyama.html

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Callandra

JPC Admin

#11 post_url

Apr 15 12 5:12 AM

rizumu wrote:
Apparently this disappearing act is a common thing with GIZA acts, lol. I've always wondered what happened to Hayami Kishimoto - it's been 5 years now since her last single and apparently as of a few years ago, she was working in a clothing store or something.

I used to love Hayamin ;_; Given she sold better than a lot of other GIZA acts, I wonder if it was her choice not to renew her contract. As far as I know now, she works in a fashion store in Amerika-mura in Osaka. Too bad too.

I also miss Ai Takaoka (her first two albums were gold).

For me, I wonder whatever happened to Fortuna. They released two singles, were supposed to have an album but then just disappeared off the face of the earth. 

Quote    Reply   

#12 post_url

Apr 15 12 7:30 AM

rizumu wrote:
I'm surprised I actually remembered this, but JUNE has composed songs for w-inds. and Meisa Kuroki, among others, in the last couple of years, so he seems to be doing well for himself. I had to check but it's definitely the same guy.
http://official.stardust.co.jp/june/disco/
:O! Thanks for the info!! Shame, though..... I don't listen to any of those people..... -__-'

Quote    Reply   

#15 post_url

Apr 15 12 4:27 PM

Great idea for a thread!

Akeboshi? I know he parted ways with his label after his Best Of but I've not heard of him since. I've found an account on Twitter which I think may be official but it's only in Japanese (@Akeboshi_). Can anyone translate?

Also Hidemi Uematsu - such an amazing voice but after releaseing 4 singles she seems to have disappeared. I was so looking forward to an album.

mi|kshake~

Quote    Reply   

#16 post_url

Apr 15 12 7:54 PM

Charisma wrote:
^
I wanna know where she went too! She just vanished without a trace :'(

I want to know what happened to Tiana Xiao?

According with Wikipedia "On December 1, 2009, Tiana has announced an official return to school, stating that she will continue her career in music after graduation.[8]"

She was dropped, probably, since her sales were very low and she had expensive producers like Jerry & Lewis and other international producers, they spent much money in her.

Quote    Reply   

#18 post_url

Apr 15 12 8:50 PM

milkshake wrote:
Akeboshi? I know he parted ways with his label after his Best Of but I've not heard of him since. I've found an account on Twitter which I think may be official but it's only in Japanese (@Akeboshi_). Can anyone translate?

Akeboshi returned to the scene last year after a long period of absence; he's been performing to sell-out shows (in small venues, granted, although the additional dates and the additional-additional dates all got sold out as well) and writing CM songs. His homepage (akeboshi.com) is now being updated. And yes, that's his official Twitter account.

Wonder what happened to Fayray - she just disappeared after "netemo sametemo". In the three years between "hikari to kage" and that album she had two singles, but it's been complete silence for three years now.

Quote    Reply   

#20 post_url

Apr 15 12 11:02 PM

thisisdavidg wrote:
Mai - After a few singles and an album on Rhythm Zone, she vanished.
http://goingmaiway.seesaa.net/ http://twitter.com/mai_kudo0718 she does TV, radio work now. according to her twitter she has also formed a unit called BabyRock which appears in animation, pachinko machines, etc.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help