Remove this ad
avatar

NATE

JPC Admin

Posts: 2,919

#1961 post_url

Dec 31 12 3:10 PM

Nothing is up with me.



Sorry, but I don't hear anything different about the way she's singing throughout this concert and that BRILLANTE performance. Obviously, some songs work better with her newer voice but like I said before she's just consistently like this.

Remove this ad

#1962 post_url

Dec 31 12 10:18 PM

^ ya that IS horrible when you compared to this:



I loves her music, loves the way she sings back then.

Now?....smiley: eyessmiley: indifferentsmiley: sick

Last Edited By: Uhplus Dec 31 12 10:21 PM. Edited 1 time.

#1963 post_url

Dec 31 12 11:34 PM

Gosh, this is the best Dearest live ever! I can't accept what happened to her... :/

#1965 post_url

Dec 31 12 11:57 PM

lol this debate/bitching about her voice so tired but anyway the performance was so much fun, her best since Rule imo

avatar

zeopower6

Posts: 1,870

#1966 post_url

Jan 1 13 1:54 AM

She probably still has that voice in her since she kinda goes into it when she sings 'cute' songs nowadays, but now that she doesn't sing out her nose normally, it's probably harder to sound like that.

#1969 post_url

Jan 1 13 7:33 AM

It's like the quality of her voice changed drastically, it sounds a little huskier and much harsher live, at certain points tbh it's more like she recites the text rather than singing and she also for some reason sometimes has trouble keeping up with the tempo even when singing songs that she didn't used to have such a problem with before (evolution and progress are examples..). I also prefer her studio records, but I always have in general. The reasons why have changed though. She used to have difficulty with pitch more so before than the past few years especailly tv lives, but I didn't really mind as long as she was singing mostly like she did in that dearest clip above, such as the japan expo live of a song is born, but that was never the case in studio recordss of course. =) �On the contrary, these days I don't always like her voice even when she's on pitch live,but usually in the studio records, I guess with less stress, more takes and processing, it sounds more like her old voice did....�

I still think her pre asffxx lives are some of her best vocally overall, this yuming cover is magical.�
I still think� thi

#1970 post_url

Jan 1 13 8:10 AM

I think the Kouhaku performance was really nice, and I don't really think that her vocals were THAT bad.

Remove this ad

#1971 post_url

Jan 1 13 10:19 AM

I'm more disappointed with her choice of songs, it's like she's becoming a one trick pony that has to rely on her evolution-surreal mash-up with an army of dancers (again) while could've easily done a song from LOVE or again.

#1973 post_url

Jan 1 13 1:44 PM

If anyone manages to get a hold of the "Together when..." recording of CDL12-13, listen to it! I think it's the best thing I've heard in a while coming from her. She was in control and it was perfect! I can't wait for the broadcast tomorrow! (Not to mention she looks really good!)

#1974 post_url

Jan 1 13 4:30 PM

NATE wrote:
IDK, I watched her perform "BRILLANTE" from latest concert on DVD a couple weeks ago and I didn't think her singing was very different than what she's doing on TV. Ayu was never a vocalist. She was tolerable before her voice started changing and she changed her singing style. Now her vocal tone is ugly and it's paired with a pretty dismal singing style.

It's weird. I see comments by her fans on other forums about how this performance or that performance was better than the last one. Many acknowledge that her voice has changed, but many think it's okay and not bad. To me, someone who rarely watches her performs but does listen to her recorded music sometimes, she sounds consistently bad all the time. Every time she's done SURREAL this year including this Kouhaku performance she just sounds like she's talking/shouting the lines, not even really singing.


yeah cuz we're all masochists and we pay thousands of euros to go to Japan and see her multiple times because she sounds terrible...

As with every other artist Ayu has songs that suit her current vocal style and ranger better and worse. Imo she slayed 95% of the songs on HLS, with Ladies night being the only one that sounded awful. The rest ranged from good to perfect. Her voice has changed and that's not something one can argue with. Whether it's good or bad is very subjective. 90% of the artists couldn't handle the majority of her songs as so many of them aren't that easy to sing in the first place.

Last Edited By: njanjayrp Jan 1 13 4:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

avatar

zeopower6

Posts: 1,870

#1975 post_url

Jan 1 13 5:13 PM

michyeosseo wrote:
I'm more disappointed with her choice of songs, it's like she's becoming a one trick pony that has to rely on her evolution-surreal mash-up with an army of dancers (again) while could've easily done a song from LOVE or again.

It's not like she's done that for the last few years... last year had progress and the SURREAL/evolution/SEASONS barrage has only really been in the last few months when she had the final HEY!HEY!HEY ever which she performed SURREAL because just about everyone else was performing old songs and for w/e reason she chose SEASONS at FNS while in the second to last position. I wish she'd have done something new so people would be like "Hey, what's that new song?" but... eh....

Most fans probably think she's been doing it forever because that mashup is literally at every concert almost since AT03-04 but it's not really that common when it comes to her TV lives.

Is it just me or do some people come into this thread just to say "lol ayu is old namie is too but namie doesn't suck" =_=~

Last Edited By: zeopower6 Jan 1 13 5:16 PM. Edited 1 time.

#1976 post_url

Jan 1 13 5:18 PM

I don't think she sounds horrible now, but I think she sounds more nasal now than in the past and that she might be singing too much through her mask. Maybe having only one functional ear might make it harder for her to judge on that aspect, compared to before?

avatar

NATE

JPC Admin

Posts: 2,919

#1977 post_url

Jan 1 13 5:19 PM

That spiel is on Utada-stan levels of delusion. 3/4 of the popular J-divas are nothing more than average vocalists. Ayu's main selling point is not her voice, she was never famous for her voice. So yeah, I could imagine people go see her for a multitude of reasons despite her not being a great singer. Spare me the bullshit about 90% of whatever artists can't sing her songs. Ayumi Hamasaki does not have a wide range. Argue that other artists can't sing her songs the way that she does because a song isn't just about notes but delivery as well. It has nothing to do with their difficulty. Bob Dylan has a terrible voice. He is a music legend and his music speaks to people despite his vocal shortcomings. Ayumi's music is not about her voice, she is not a vocalist.

#1978 post_url

Jan 1 13 6:57 PM

NATE wrote:
That spiel is on Utada-stan levels of delusion. 3/4 of the popular J-divas are nothing more than average vocalists. Ayu's main selling point is not her voice, she was never famous for her voice. So yeah, I could imagine people go see her for a multitude of reasons despite her not being a great singer. Spare me the bullshit about 90% of whatever artists can't sing her songs. Ayumi Hamasaki does not have a wide range. Argue that other artists can't sing her songs the way that she does because a song isn't just about notes but delivery as well. It has nothing to do with their difficulty. Bob Dylan has a terrible voice. He is a music legend and his music speaks to people despite his vocal shortcomings. Ayumi's music is not about her voice, she is not a vocalist.


That's just your opinion. While I respect it I disagree on basically everything other than the fact that her vocals were never her strong point. I enjoy her singing nevertheless and her songs/the way she sings them are one of the reasons I attended her concert and why I purchase her albums. I am not really into gimmicks and I couldn't care less about her fashion, fierceness, her personal/love life etc. The stan talk is really uncalled for and I don't really see a valid reason to call me delusional so I feel there is little point in discussing this matter any further.

Last Edited By: njanjayrp Jan 1 13 7:00 PM. Edited 2 times.

#1979 post_url

Jan 1 13 7:03 PM

NATE wrote:
3/4 of the popular J-divas are nothing more than average vocalists.


Thank god I stan for Kumiko Koda lmaooo... I haven't watched any PV & I also haven't listened to again/LOVE so I kinda want that album to come asap!

avatar

snowo

Posts: 34

#1980 post_url

Jan 1 13 7:14 PM

ayukuuangel wrote:
Look how much love ayu gets

It's really heart warming





gosh this is reallyheart warming!

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help