Remove this ad

#1981 post_url

Jan 1 13 9:01 PM

^ Lol! I think they did this to EVERYONE that performed. They are just enjoying the whole show and only the ayumi part was shown...

Remove this ad

zeopower6

#1982 post_url

Jan 1 13 11:41 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?v83ao1f8x28n80v

M Classical ver. from HitFM

Aucifer69

#1983 post_url

Jan 2 13 12:07 AM

from the looks of it the ayu thread never changes, why is it that people that don't like her can still come in here and write the same thing over and over.
i'm a big fan of ayu but the last 3 albums(not the minis) i have skip and you don't see me coming in here and writing the same thing over and over how much i dislike them, with once it was enough for me to take a break from her music.
its not healthy if you ask me, let other people enjoy this new ayu. find other singers that are to your liking.

#1984 post_url

Jan 2 13 8:25 AM

Aucifer69 wrote:
from the looks of it the ayu thread never changes, why is it that people that don't like her can still come in here and write the same thing over and over.
i'm a big fan of ayu but the last 3 albums(not the minis) i have skip and you don't see me coming in here and writing the same thing over and over how much i dislike them, with once it was enough for me to take a break from her music.
its not healthy if you ask me, let other people enjoy this new ayu. find other singers that are to your liking.

Some people just can't let go. I don't go around Namie/Kumi threads saying how boring Kumi's songs have been lately or how I doze off during every single of Namie's concerts all the time even though I actually listen and like both of them, prolly way more than certain people who post here like Ayu.

Looking forward to A CLASSICAL, so far the leaked tracks sound amazing and having albums like these is just one of the many things that make her so much better than all the other "j-divas' lol

#1986 post_url

Jan 2 13 2:06 PM

njanjayrp wrote:
NATE wrote:
IDK, I watched her perform "BRILLANTE" from latest concert on DVD a couple weeks ago and I didn't think her singing was very different than what she's doing on TV. Ayu was never a vocalist. She was tolerable before her voice started changing and she changed her singing style. Now her vocal tone is ugly and it's paired with a pretty dismal singing style.

It's weird. I see comments by her fans on other forums about how this performance or that performance was better than the last one. Many acknowledge that her voice has changed, but many think it's okay and not bad. To me, someone who rarely watches her performs but does listen to her recorded music sometimes, she sounds consistently bad all the time. Every time she's done SURREAL this year including this Kouhaku performance she just sounds like she's talking/shouting the lines, not even really singing.

yeah cuz we're all masochists and we pay thousands of euros to go to Japan and see her multiple times because she sounds terrible...

As with every other artist Ayu has songs that suit her current vocal style and ranger better and worse. Imo she slayed 95% of the songs on HLS, with Ladies night being the only one that sounded awful. The rest ranged from good to perfect. Her voice has changed and that's not something one can argue with. Whether it's good or bad is very subjective. 90% of the artists couldn't handle the majority of her songs as so many of them aren't that easy to sing in the first place.
This is extremely true. I get irritated when people say that her songs are so easy, and that's why they're popular or sung a lot at karaoke, etc. If somebody means that they're 'easy to sing', as in easy to remember, then yes, a lot of her singles are catchy and have fairly predictable melodies. But by no means does most of her discography take average vocal talent to properly pull off. And honestly, that's just one of many reasons why she, to say the least, doesn't come across as the best singer. (In reality, she obviously has had pitch and tone problems, in one way or another, throughout most of her career, but she's no worse than the average pop singer, be it from Japan, the U.S., or wherever.) However, think about other singers who aren't know for their vocals, and who are more of "performers" or even straight-up idols. Now, imagine them singing, say, Dearest. That song takes a lot of control and has a fair stretch of notes to hit for somebody who isn't the best at singing. And because of this, I can guarantee that many singers would not sound any better - if not, a lot worse - than Ayu does, even with her "bad" vocal eras (whether, to whoever, that means 2002 or 2009). Long story short, in this sense, you have to cut her some slack, regardless of what you think of her vocals now or what you have thought of them in the past.

#1987 post_url

Jan 4 13 1:22 AM

late on this, but finally saw the opening for kouhaku. ''Dearest'' section was BAD. It's like she's screaming the melody out ujsing her rather hoarse register. The other two parts of the medley i don't have much problem though.

zeopower6

#1988 post_url

Jan 4 13 4:59 AM

A Classical is #1 on NINKI.

Also some tracks from A Classical leaked. Everything is pretty epic!

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#1990 post_url

Jan 4 13 7:50 PM

Aucifer69 wrote:

but then such people will need to find new ways to get attention if they don't complain here anymore!

Remove this ad

zeopower6

#1991 post_url

Jan 4 13 8:19 PM

Her competition for the week is an indie rapper. He seems to be pretty successful though so... she'll likely get #2 or even #3 if there's another album that sells more. Would be amazing for her to get #1 though!

#1992 post_url

Jan 4 13 11:04 PM

zeopower6 wrote:
Her competition for the week is an indie rapper. He seems to be pretty successful though so... she'll likely get #2 or even #3 if there's another album that sells more. Would be amazing for her to get #1 though!
And indie rapper that we don't know who he is, Ayu might get #1 this time... We'll see, but for sure, there will be some drama around from stans/fans/meh/haters/Mel smiley: roll

#1993 post_url

Jan 5 13 3:21 AM

I don't think she'll get #1, I can't see this selling more than 30k first week, if that, but it does get an extra day compared to everyone else, so we'll see. She should've released her studio album on this day, it would've certainly got #1.

ayukuuangel

#1994 post_url

Jan 5 13 6:13 AM

That rapper collaborated with kuu in Blingx3 it probably helped him too at the start lol. But yeah I wouldn't think A CLASSICAL would sell 20,000 in total so I don't know if with such low numbers it can get #1 even with weak competitors. Would it be original/mini/compilation and not remix/classical she would get the #1 100%.

#1995 post_url

Jan 5 13 6:36 AM

Guys, I'd like to have ur opinion about the sales of LOVE again... I'm scared it will flop in Japan, I don't know why... I'm like "there's no reason she won't do 100k" and the second after, it becomes "but as she released the two minis..."

Last Edited By: Negi Jan 5 13 6:41 AM. Edited 1 time.

#1996 post_url

Jan 5 13 8:52 AM

I think it'll clear 100k. The minis were treated as singles after all. If it doesn't clear 100k it's not such a big deal either it was bound to happen at some point. The world won't end.

#1997 post_url

Jan 5 13 9:27 AM

I'm thinking the album will probably perform in the same way Miliyah's TRUE LOVERS did. Probably a 60k to 65k debut, and it will reach 100k in the end...it may take about a month to get there though.

The Oricon sales don't matter to Avex, it's all about the shipment. As long as Ayumi can ship well over 100k for a studio album (which shouldn't be a problem for another 2 years probably), nothing drastic is going to happen to her budget and such.

#1998 post_url

Jan 5 13 9:29 AM

The CDL was awesome! I loved almost all the performances, Wake me up and Rule really rocked! I was surprised how well she handled snowy kiss. Too bad Ivy wasn't performed on 31.

#1999 post_url

Jan 5 13 9:42 AM

I really liked the CDL this year. It was short and sweet! The only thing that I didn't really like was how we went from "You & Me" to "Song 4 u", the flow didn't really make sense to me. "snowy kiss" is awesome live! I was expecting her to scream throughout the whole song but she sang and I'm proud of her. It's much better than last year.

Also, no "Sweet scar". T_T

EDIT: A Classical leaked guys.

Last Edited By: DeepFried Jan 5 13 10:05 AM. Edited 1 time.

#2000 post_url

Jan 5 13 9:57 AM

She needs to take a break, recharge and come back with a new album when she's ready. She saturated the market years ago. The yearly album/compilation/mini-album conveyer belt has become exhausting and a turn off and people are bored with her.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help