Remove this ad

#42 post_url

May 8 11 11:45 PM

Well if he's going to move copies of his next album he needs a relative hit.

I think the last ballad of his I really loved was "SENTIMENTAL", though. After that they've been pretty much having the same melody.

Quote    Reply   

#43 post_url

May 9 11 2:03 AM

He could at least try some different ballad styles, his recent ballads have all been the same blah-blah-strings-and-band-makin'-your-grandma-cry thing.

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

May 9 11 7:51 AM

Well, we can certainly blame the arrangers for that. I wish he'd step things up and do a rock ballad or something, since that's about the only genre he's yet to dabble in - c'mon, he works with Kameda Seiji, I'm sure he can do a collab single with Tokyo Jihen or something.

Or a jazz ballad - that'd be nice.

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

May 9 11 10:44 AM

well...... I'm a sucker for ballads so I knew it was only the matter of time with Itoshiki hibiyo for me to like it even though I didn't like it right away.

*surprise surprise* I've found it stuck in my head quite a few times the past few days. Still insisting that it's only "not bad" and not "good" and far from epic.

Quote    Reply   

#48 post_url

May 9 11 11:11 AM

JAPANESE SINGER
8th ALBUM
2011.06.08 Release

DFCL-1782/3  - CD+DVD (Limited Edition -A-)
DFCL-1784/5 - CD+DVD (Limited Edition -B-) 
DFCL-1786 - CD (Regular Edition)

-Tracklist-
01.Sing Forever
02. いとしき日々よ
03. CANDY
04. お願いジュリー☆
05. 僕は君に恋をする
06. さよならマイ・ラブ
07. R&B
08. Girls 3x
09. アイシテル
11. Miss サマータイム
12. 夢のむこうで
13. あなたと

Limited CD+DVD Edition -A-:
「Ken Hirai 15th Anniversary Special!! [email protected](132分・18曲)

Limited CD+DVD Edition -B- (5 PVs)
・CANDY
・僕は君に恋をする
・Sing Forever
・アイシテル
・いとしき日々よ
・夢のむこうで

Promo Picture

*EDIT* Track #10 title is missing in the news article, but it should be a new song... as we're getting 8 new songs, according to the description.

Last Edited By: LNany May 9 11 11:28 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#49 post_url

May 9 11 11:31 AM

....he does not look very happy on these covers at all.

Why does it look like he hasn't aged since 1999?

Last Edited By: zeopower6 May 9 11 11:33 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

May 9 11 11:33 AM

Normally Hirai's really hot. Those covers, however, make him look fugly. It's that nasty-ass blonde in his hair and the scruffy facial hair. Ew.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 post_url

May 9 11 11:59 AM

I wonder why he chose that album title. Maybe in an effort to FINALLY convince everyone in Japan that he IS, in fact, a native Japanese and not a Westerner or a "half", as many of them seem to think

Anyway, I like the title and the track list, but the covers are a big no-no. I mean, you want to have a cover that makes people want to buy the album. This austere look might convince grumpy old men to buy it and I don't think they'll like what they hear. Give us a smile, Ken! Boku wa Kimi no Koi wo Suru was grim and dark, Sing Forever was enigmatic, CANDY was bland, Aishiteru was Ken lying in a coffin and Itoshiki Hibi yo was grey and empty. Compare all of those to the Fakin' Pop cover and you'd think he was struggling with a depression or something.

But I guess it's the music that matters most. Still, I hope he'll do ok! He obviously won't manage to match Fakin' Pop's 320k, but I just hope he at least goes Gold.

Quote    Reply   

zeopower6

#53 post_url

May 9 11 12:23 PM

"This... is the rising sun?" :|

Quote    Reply   

#54 post_url

May 9 11 12:26 PM

And hot on the heels of Kuwata Keisuke's similar album cover concept.

At least they're not shoving B-sides in this time. Might get the edition with the live DVD, though I say that with much trepidation.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#55 post_url

May 9 11 1:27 PM

↑ yes, I'm happy about that too. FAKIN' POP had what, seven previously released songs on it? plus another song from the album that was a re-cut single?

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

May 9 11 4:28 PM

sin9hyaku90 wrote:
Who are the largeest demographic in terms of Ken's sales?

I don't know for sure, but it's probably middle-aged women.

Regarding the covers, I didn't really like them at first, but they're growing on me. I kind of like how simplistic they are. I'm not a fan of the album title though, but the tracklist looks interesting!

Quote    Reply   

infinitylight

#60 post_url

May 10 11 3:39 AM

alterna wrote:
Regarding the covers, I didn't really like them at first, but they're growing on me. I kind of like how simplistic they are. I'm not a fan of the album title though, but the tracklist looks interesting!
Exactly my thoughts.
I didn't realize it was more than 3 years since Fakin' Pop oO
I think I'll wait for a rip of the album before buying it though. As someone said, his ballads tend to be really all the same recently, despite very strong singles A-side... I'm afraid of albums fillers!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help