Remove this ad

#21 post_url

Apr 18 11 5:43 PM

Good grief, if he was going to release yet another ballad, why did it have to have the same arrangement as all of his other recent ones?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 post_url

Apr 18 11 6:30 PM

Tomorrow, 20th, they're going to record a new PV..but unfortunately....i wasn't choosed to appeared in it, firstly they wanted foreigners for the PV, but they changed their mind...and now they only want japanese....maybe next time ><.

There will be an scene in the PV with people with umbrella while it's raining (i don.t know what kind of situacion or extra info, sorry).

Quote    Reply   

#23 post_url

Apr 19 11 1:56 AM

Longer preview of Itoshiki Hibi Yo here.

By the way, if someone wants to take part in the PV shooting tomorrow at Tokyo, check this.

*EDIT* debittoo, I did not see you post before posting this. So sorry you didn't get chosen for the PV shooting. Maybe you can try through this link I posted?

Last Edited By: LNany Apr 19 11 1:59 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#25 post_url

Apr 19 11 10:33 AM

I would've gone if I were in Tokyo, too. Although in my case, I would've been arrested for molesting poor KenKen the minute he came into my view.

I don't mind another ballad, he has rarely disappointed me with his previous ones.

Quote    Reply   

dekita

Mod Message:

Change your avatar to 100x100 to regain it. 

#26 post_url

Apr 19 11 1:47 PM

Omg, first time visiting this thread and the intro picture kills me X_X why Ken, just why lol

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#27 post_url

Apr 19 11 1:50 PM

nackar wrote:
*Pictures Ken doing a Justin Timberlake SexyBack-like song with fitting performance at Music Station*

No... just no

I can see that actually...well, a SexyBack type of song anyway.

Quote    Reply   

#28 post_url

Apr 24 11 8:48 AM

How did I not know that his song is going to be used as the theme song for JIN?????

As much as I like him and know it'd be an awesome ballad.... must say I'm kinda sad that they're not using MISIA's song again. It's the only song that could go with the drama for me.

Quote    Reply   

#30 post_url

Apr 24 11 7:01 PM

lilone wrote:
How did I not know that his song is going to be used as the theme song for JIN?????

As much as I like him and know it'd be an awesome ballad.... must say I'm kinda sad that they're not using MISIA's song again. It's the only song that could go with the drama for me.
I just thought how actually both songs reflect quite well the main character's emotions throughout the first season (well not sure about 2nd season, I have not watched it yet).

Hirai's song here is relatively calm, sorrowful and nostalgic, which reflects on the character's memories of his "past" (which is the present day him), whereas MISIA's song is much more theatric and dramatic and you can feel a sense of anguish in the song. This can be seen as the character's reluctance and how he is helpless in changing his fate in the whole time-warping situation...

This explanation is not very scripted so it's a bit messy lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#34 post_url

Apr 29 11 2:53 AM

Sorry, but I couldn't keep watching for more than a minute. Really doesn't sit well with me. Then again, I also didn't like Boku wa Kimi ni Koi wo Suru and Aishiteru, so maybe there's simply a curse on Ken!ballads for me.

I can't wait for the album release, though.

Quote    Reply   

#35 post_url

Apr 29 11 3:02 AM

I just realized how "aiko" -esque this new song is...perfect if it was performed by aiko....it's not bad here actually...I have grown to like it, even before the PV came out....I just need to block out the thought of it being a JIN theme song.

It's a nice blend of hitomi wo tojite and a more light-hearted ballad (possibly kimi no sukina toko) mostly because of the arrangements.

Quote    Reply   

#36 post_url

Apr 29 11 6:06 AM

nackar wrote:
Sorry, but I couldn't keep watching for more than a minute. Really doesn't sit well with me. Then again, I also didn't like Boku wa Kimi ni Koi wo Suru and Aishiteru, so maybe there's simply a curse on Ken!ballads for me.

I totally agree. It's not even that I ballad songs in general, it's just I've found all his ballads since Elegy total misses (well, perhaps Taiyou was okay, but it wasn't spectacular). They've all got that bland piano/strings/band muddy sound, and their melody lines aren't terribly memorable. Canvas was the worst of these for me.

Quote    Reply   

Haru

#37 post_url

May 1 11 7:02 PM

The chorus is a little long to come but I like it
His Music Lovers performances are up on Jpopsuki if u want !

Quote    Reply   

#40 post_url

May 5 11 1:58 PM

Josuke wrote:
Run to you sounds very Ring-esque lol

edit: Ok,not really smiley: embarassed

i was thinking more along the lines of Kimi wa tomodachi + kanashi nowa kimi dake janai + hitori janai lol

seriously itoshiki hibi yo sounds like an aiko-reject track  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help