Remove this ad

#41 post_url

May 27 11 2:10 PM

I noticed that there were two new songs up there (Kasabuta and Dengon).

Possible contenders for being on Chara's next album?

This may sound cheesy, but Dark Candy rekindled the obsessive (and sometimes annoying) Chara fandom that I had thought died down.  

As for the whole 'self-produced' thing, that's actually one of the reasons that I like Something Blue so much (the other reason is because it was one the first Chara albums that I heard) is that all the songs are self-produced. I wonder if Chara got ideas about some of the songs for Union from Something Blue (the guitar riffs from Ongaku in Sekai nonwithstanding), as the song Amai Amai sometimes reminds me of the song Mirrorball

Last Edited By: manrush May 27 11 2:17 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 post_url

May 27 11 11:53 PM

Madrigal is fantastic, didn't really get into it when I had it on mp3. But loved it from start to finish since I've purchased it. CAROL on the other hand, I just couldn't really get into and have found it dull, save for 'ELEGANCE'.

As for 'Something Blue', I find it very overrated. It's nice, but for one of her darker sounding albums, I thought Yoake Mae offered so much more in terms of arrangement and songwriting.

Quote    Reply   

#44 post_url

May 27 11 11:58 PM

ligature wrote:
Madrigal is fantastic, didn't really get into it when I had it on mp3. But loved it from start to finish since I've purchased it. CAROL on the other hand, I just couldn't really get into and have found it dull, save for 'ELEGANCE'.

As for 'Something Blue', I find it very overrated. It's nice, but for one of her darker sounding albums, I thought Yoake Mae offered so much more in terms of arrangement and songwriting.
Yeah, it does seem a tad bid overrated. That's not why I like the album, though. Yoake Mae is also a great album.

Quote    Reply   

#45 post_url

May 28 11 12:28 AM

ligature wrote:

Haha, it was the same for me with Madrigal, since I tend to commit myself to really "absorbing" albums once I've actually purchased them.  The tracks that really struck me once I finally bought the album were "Tameiki no Jitsu" and "Kono Asobi wo Koi to Waratte".  I also noticed that parts of the "Kokoro no Ki" composition sound like that song she did with YUKI.

And I love most of Yoake Mae, but have you heard the Hatsukoi b-sides? Those songs are spectacular and I feel like they're superior to two or three tracks on the album but their arrangements too heavy to fit in the context of the album. 

Quote    Reply   

#46 post_url

May 28 11 12:34 AM

The track that got me hooked on Madrigal is 'Atashi no Kawaii Te'. I haven't heard those B-sides from Hatsukoi, I'll go DL them right now.

Onto B-sides, I love the dreamy arrangement of 'anata' on Sekai.

Last Edited By: ligature May 28 11 12:39 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#47 post_url

May 28 11 12:40 AM

My favourite B-sides have to be Boku No Tomodachi, the cover of Hoshi No Love Letter, LULU and the two B-sides from the Hatsukoi single.

Last Edited By: manrush May 28 11 12:44 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#48 post_url

May 28 11 11:55 AM

ligature wrote:

I agree with pretty much everything you said here (except I don't like elegance!) Madrigal is indeed fantastic, and I also find something blue to be overrated. I prefer yoake mae as well.

as far as b-sides go, my favourites are ぼくのともだち and そして僕は途方に暮れる (from Cherry Cherry), 恋はみずいろ (from Crazy for you), 星のラブレター (from TROPHY), LULU (from ボクにうつして), and X'mas Spirit! (from ボクのことを知って).

Last Edited By: uncle Jemima May 28 11 12:02 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#49 post_url

May 30 11 1:27 PM

Looks like you kind of got what you wanted manrush: she's sort of got the Dark Candy paint business going on, just not on her face. Cfe360fd6c85b4ff44bd8c20945cc1911023de3c_r

According to her photo diary, the special unit of Chara and ACO is called Hate Mondays.

Quote    Reply   

#50 post_url

May 30 11 4:26 PM

^
That is absolutely awesome. Cry (tears of ubridled joy, btw).  

That photo diary also has nice photos of the back-then Chara.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#54 post_url

Jun 1 11 9:17 PM

I really like this picture of Cold Sugar, as it showcases the group's two leading ladies.

And this doll is especially adorable.

Last Edited By: manrush Jun 1 11 9:20 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

toLOVE29

Return Road Episode II

#55 post_url

Jun 4 11 10:15 PM

At first I thought her voice was kinda weird, but after a few listen to her recent album Dark Candy... OMG I LOVE her <3 <3 <3

Quote    Reply   

#56 post_url

Jun 4 11 11:04 PM

toLOVE29 wrote:
At first I thought her voice was kinda weird, but after a few listen to her recent album Dark Candy... OMG I LOVE her <3 <3 <3  
Chara's voice is kinda weird. That is one of the reasons I was drawn to her music like a bogan to a Centrelink check.

Last Edited By: manrush Jun 4 11 11:06 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

toLOVE29

Return Road Episode II

#57 post_url

Jun 4 11 11:10 PM

manrush wrote:
toLOVE29 wrote:
Chara's voice is kinda weird. That is one of the reasons I was drawn to her music like a bogan to a Centrelink check.

I thought I was one of the few person that thought that hahaha. Yeah her voice sounds pretty unique. 

Quote    Reply   

#58 post_url

Jun 4 11 11:37 PM

manrush wrote:
I didn't know you're from Australia.

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#59 post_url

Jun 5 11 12:30 AM

the first time I heard Chara sing was in Love to Live By and thought "who is this person with the horrid voice?" (I had heard of Chara long before I ever lsitened to that song, but I didn't know it was her singing). but then I listened to the boku no koto wo shitte single and liked it, so I listened to honey and liked it too, and then listened to the rest of her discography eventually.

...or maybe I listened to boku no koto woshitte first, and THEN listened to Love to Live By...I can't remember now.

Quote    Reply   

#60 post_url

Jun 26 11 1:46 PM

Chara is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

*Dark Candy* is fantastic & brilliant, it's even better than all of her studio albums before. this album can absolutely go for international, Chara is going to be a big tree!smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help