Remove this ad

#441 post_url

Jan 21 13 3:28 PM

posted for preorder:

KSBL-6019
Chara/MTV Unplugged Chara  DVD
3800 yen US$42/90.97  Release Date:2013/02/27
Description:Live DVD from Chara features her acoustic live at "MTV Unplugged" held on September 26, 2012.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=KSBL-6019
KSCL-2169
Chara/MTV Unplugged Chara  CDA
2400 yen US$26/90.97  Release Date:2013/02/27
Description:Live CD from Chara features her acoustic live at "MTV Unplugged" held on September 26, 2012.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=KSCL-2169
KSXL-30
Chara/MTV Unplugged Chara[Blu-ray]  Blu-ray
4552 yen US$50/90.97  Release Date:2013/02/27
Description:Live Blu-ray from Chara features her acoustic live at "MTV Unplugged" held on September 26, 2012.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=KSXL-30

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#443 post_url

Feb 19 13 11:33 AM

lol Funhouse...
thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading it. as for having kids gain, she's in her 40s...Kuu would have something to say about that.
I am on the exact same page with her though about an artist being cut right away if they don't sell. it's kind of sad. because when you look back at Chara's career she didn't have great album sales to begin with, and it took forever for her singles to start charting.

Quote    Reply   

#444 post_url

Feb 19 13 12:24 PM

Yeah it's really true, the industry seems to have changed so much since when she debuted. I was really surprised to read that people suggested she should hide the fact she had kids too! It makes her being heavily pregnant in the single she did with Yuki seem even more impressive... she's so great.

As for having more kids... 45 does seem like pushing it but I guess there are ways! I'm available if she's interested in adopting :3

Quote    Reply   

#446 post_url

Feb 20 13 12:22 AM

It's very amazing to hear truth from the mouths of musicians themselves. Never knew it was possible for me to like Chara even more than I already do. 

Quote    Reply   

#447 post_url

Feb 20 13 4:37 PM

Agreed.
She says "I failed at marriage once".
Wasn't it Asano that cheated on her? Shows you how much class she has by taking the high road and not even mentioning that.

Quote    Reply   

#448 post_url

Feb 20 13 6:44 PM

zenparadox wrote:
Agreed.
She says "I failed at marriage once".
Wasn't it Asano that cheated on her? Shows you how much class she has by taking the high road and not even mentioning that.
Chalk it up to words being lost in translation. But yeah, it is quite classy of her to take a "shit happens" attitude towards her past marriage and divorce.

In the end, that's what we should strive to do.

Quote    Reply   

#450 post_url

Mar 7 13 1:51 PM

Got my bluray of Chara's MTV unplugged and watched it. The picture quality is really really sharp. Probably one of the clearest concert blurays I own. This is how a bluray should look! You can see every strand of hair on Chara. The lighting is fantastic and the way it was shot gave you the feel of how it was being there. The lucky small crowd experienced a very special night.

Running time of show was 1 hour 15 minutes. Short and sweet. Of course there are tracks that I wish she played, but it was nice she played 3 from "Cocoon" including the beautiful 2 singles Planet and Chouchou Musubi (which she ended the show with)
Completely worth the $58 I paid to import.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#451 post_url

Mar 16 13 12:11 PM

zenparadox wrote:
Got my bluray of Chara's MTV unplugged and watched it. The picture quality is really really sharp. Probably one of the clearest concert blurays I own. This is how a bluray should look! You can see every strand of hair on Chara. The lighting is fantastic and the way it was shot gave you the feel of how it was being there. The lucky small crowd experienced a very special night.

Running time of show was 1 hour 15 minutes. Short and sweet. Of course there are tracks that I wish she played, but it was nice she played 3 from "Cocoon" including the beautiful 2 singles Planet and Chouchou Musubi (which she ended the show with)
Completely worth the $58 I paid to import.
Sounds amazing!! I listened to the samples on itunes and it sounded great, but I might hold off and get the bluray in that case.

Her cover of Okuda Tamio's song "The STRANGER" is on itunes as well, from that cover album that was announced a while ago-- completely forgot that was coming out, but it's really great. And if anyone missed it on her twitter yesterday she announced she had written a new song called "hug" for a drama called "Mayonaka no Panya-san" which is going to start April 28th, hopefully that means we'll get a single released around that time!

Quote    Reply   

#453 post_url

Mar 18 13 10:29 AM

So if someone wanted to get more into Chara(me!!) what would be the best releases to listen to? TBH I've listen to "Carol" years before but I'm indifferent about that album. Should I listen to "Junior Sweet" first(It's her most popular album right?)?

Quote    Reply   

#454 post_url

Mar 18 13 5:25 PM

StillStanding wrote:
So if someone wanted to get more into Chara(me!!) what would be the best releases to listen to? TBH I've listen to "Carol" years before but I'm indifferent about that album. Should I listen to "Junior Sweet" first(It's her most popular album right?)?

If you're interested in getting a broad idea of her earlier stuff maybe instead try the Sugar Hunter best of compilation-- it's two discs and off the top of my head it has all her singles from her Sony era (1991-2004), so it's a good introduction. I'd use it as a jumping off point, if there's particular songs you like then check out stuff from that time period, her style changes and I think it's just a matter of hearing her range and working out what you like best

Quote    Reply   

#455 post_url

Mar 18 13 7:10 PM

Like mieru wa I also suggest Sugar Hunter ~THE BEST LOVE SONGS OF CHARA~.  I'd also follow w/ her latest best of Very Special.  Both combined give a decent intro to Chara's huge body of work.

Quote    Reply   

#457 post_url

Mar 21 13 8:19 PM

sugar hunter was the second chara album i got (behind honey, which was cheapcheap on ebay), and it is a GREAT compilation!

even so, i havent devoted much effort to her since then, but sugar hunter is really interesting and satisfying.

Quote    Reply   

#458 post_url

Apr 16 13 10:03 AM

Looks like a new single "hug" will be released 5th of June... ages away! But since Midnight Baker starts on the 28th of this month so I guess we'll get a preview pretty soon? The coupling song is called "Eien" (Eternity) and a demo version is included as well, which apparently has been used as the theme song on the NHK-FM Muse Note show she started hosting recently (which has anyone heard btw? In my timezone it's on Sunday morning and I've slept through it twice in a row, haha...) Also looks like the Cocoon Tour is going to be broadcast on WOWOW on the 16th of June-- not sure if there's a way to see it outside Japan but I guess that means another tour DVD is coming to send us broke anyway.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone's interested but I've been translating a few interviews etc on my blog-- I just find it useful as Japanese practice so they're not perfect, but I don't see a lot of English language stuff from her floating around so maybe it might be of interest to someone! The address is: mieruwa.wordpress.com 

Quote    Reply   

#460 post_url

Apr 17 13 12:21 AM

mieruwa wrote:
 not sure if there's a way to see it outside Japan but I guess that means another tour DVD is coming to send us broke anyway.

Nice. I hope I can add to my collection.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help