Remove this ad

#421 post_url

Nov 10 12 5:08 PM

I can't stop listening to the album, damn I love you girl!! 18 is perfect!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#422 post_url

Nov 10 12 7:11 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that 18 sounds like a cross between "Marmalade" and "Star of Sapphire"?

Now listening to this album in full. Liking what I'm hearing.

("Waiting for You" is truly a shoutout to horny middle-aged women everywhere. smiley: laugh)

Last Edited By: manrush Nov 10 12 7:42 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#426 post_url

Nov 10 12 8:30 PM

uncle Jemima wrote:
the album is great so far! you're right about Waiting for You manrush, totally sounds like that haha ~lonely cougar no theme~
I would say that this album goes up there with the likes of "Carol" and "Union".

Quote    Reply   

uncle Jemima

パン・ダ marinopp

#427 post_url

Nov 10 12 8:58 PM

i don't think there's a single Chara album that i dislike to be honest. everything from 1991 to now, she can do no wrong. except for This is my car.

Quote    Reply   

#428 post_url

Nov 10 12 8:58 PM

manrush wrote:
And the title track seems to be a sequel to "Naive To Innocence".

I had the same thought... and you are SO RIGHT ON re: 18, nailed it!

I like that she's experimenting with song structure a bit in this album. Besides Cocoon there's a few other tonal shifts in other songs that I'm really digging-- DADAAAN ends up in a completely different place than where it started, and in Lita where she's like "hey, this is boring" and breaks it down is so great. Waiting for You had me smiling the whole time, it's kind of reminds me of "Ai wo Oboeru" in that it's just straight up fun. Also sometimes when she sings in English I feel like she's very careful to enunciate which is something she does not seem to bother too much with in Japanese haha, so it's kind of cool to hear her sing in English in her more normal voice.  

Considering how strong the rest of the album is I wonder why she released both Planet and Chouchou Musubi as singles... but I think it just might be me getting a little tired of her doing a lot of very similar sounding ballads, when they work they're great but the majority make me feel like she's kind of writing the same song over and over. Part of the reason I love her so much is how she can be genuinely touching with so little-- the last line of Amaete Yo literally made me tear up-- so the ballads just seem kind of empty in comparison. Obviously a lot of people really love them though so maybe it's just me.

Quote    Reply   

#430 post_url

Nov 11 12 12:39 AM

18 is so fantastic. I wish it were a single+PV Cry

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#431 post_url

Nov 11 12 1:27 AM

mieruwa wrote:
Considering how strong the rest of the album is I wonder why she released both Planet and Chouchou Musubi as singles... 
Because those two had tie-ins. 

Quote    Reply   

#432 post_url

Nov 11 12 10:16 AM

PHANTOMgirl wrote:
mieruwa wrote:
Considering how strong the rest of the album is I wonder why she released both Planet and Chouchou Musubi as singles... 

Ah of course. Thanks.

Quote    Reply   

#433 post_url

Nov 11 12 3:46 PM

mieruwa wrote:
PHANTOMgirl wrote:
mieruwa wrote:

Ah of course. Thanks.

Though why Alterna Girlfriend didn't get a tie-in... I'll never know.  I thought the song would've made a good CM song.

Quote    Reply   

#434 post_url

Nov 20 12 8:45 PM

Cocoon was such a fantastic album. I especially enjoyed DADAAN. In fact, the first half of the album was so great (they seemed to carry on the grungier sound inherited from "Gift" on CAROL; i.e. my favourite song of hers in the last 5 years) I was almost disappointed when they got to the ballad section with the 2 singles. Definitely on my top 5 albums so far this year. 

Quote    Reply   

#435 post_url

Dec 28 12 4:36 PM

Her MTV Unplugged concert is getting released in CD, DVD and Blu-ray formats on February 27th. [source]

I was all bummed/confused about the lack of Universal material until I remembered she's back with Sony . . .

Quote    Reply   

#436 post_url

Dec 28 12 8:43 PM

BanFan wrote:
Her MTV Unplugged concert is getting released in CD, DVD and Blu-ray formats on February 27th. [source]

I was all bummed/confused about the lack of Universal material until I remembered she's back with Sony . . .
Damn. Once again, my willpower is tested by temptations such as this. Why must she torment me so? 

Quote    Reply   

#439 post_url

Jan 16 13 12:47 PM

I just got email notice from CDJapan that both Swallowtail Butterfly and Picnic are getting HD remasters released on blu. No English subs on Picnic or Swallowtail, but I've seen Swallowtail 3 times and a portion is in English, so I'll still get it.

PCXG-50118
Japanese Movie/PicnicComplete Edition [Blu-ray]  Blu-ray
3800 yen US$42/89.67  Release Date:2013/03/20
Description:HD remastered Blu-ray reissue of the movie "PiCNiC" directed by Shunji Iwai.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=PCXG-50118
PCXG-50120
Japanese Movie/Swallowtail[Blu-ray]  Blu-ray
3800 yen US$42/89.67  Release Date:2013/03/20
Description:HD remastered Blu-ray reissue of the movie "Swallowtail" directed by Shunji Iwai.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=PCXG-50120

Last Edited By: zenparadox Jan 16 13 12:51 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help